Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Xaser said:

Gaddamn, I love this one so friggin' much, it's unreal. Only thing is it doesn't loop yet, but otherwise I'd very much like to see this used... somewhere at least.

Good God... I listened to this based on Xaser and Pottus' high praise, and my expectations were met. This might just be the best music for a Doom PWAD that I've ever heard. Kudos, Starpath.

Orbital is fucking PERFECT for Map 20, Infernal Carrier. Even the track name matches the level!

I'd also like to see Basscontrol get in, its very TNTish

Not bashing you, Starpath, the midis are very nice, but I really hope TNT2 isnt gonna be full of these kind of midis. Extremely unfitting for Doom IMO. Super happy NES/Japan-like music (usually) does not belong in Doom IMO.

IMO!

Not all of them were like that though. The two I mentioned would fit in well, especially Basscontrol. If Bucket's Target Neutralised isnt included though, I will be very sad, its the most TNTish thing there is.

Nah it's cool, I understand. I know they're not really classic Doom-style, I mostly just make them for fun! :)

I hope the unused MIDIs submitted to the project will still be included (either as "dead weight" lumps or as a separate pack).

Megamur said:

Nothing of the sort. (Well, maybe it's possible with DeHackEd, but I've never actually seen that method in practice.)

Look at Plutonia 2.

I have better idea for midis that didn't make into main megawad: addon pwad with alternate music for some levels will be more than nice. ;-)

Gez said:

Look at Plutonia 2.

All right, so it is possible. But I assume the MIDI lump names would still have to be 8 characters long or less.

Please just use D_RUNNIN, D_STALKS, etc. It sucks when you open a wad in XWE, find the songs but can't tell which one is used on map17, so you have to read DEHACKED or readme to find out... Oh, and also songs with unusual names don't automatically appear in the "Music" tab since the program only detects midis with standard names.

I actually do sorta agree with the sentiment of using the original music lump names, mostly because there's no real advantage to doing the renaming in this case, given it's a vanilla mod. Unless there's something that very explicitly requires the DEH to be loaded aside from map names, why include an additional restriction of sorts?

There are less complicated ways to get song credits into the game. You can make a graphic to replace the Help screen, or plunk it down in small text at the bottom of CWILVxx or something.

Cool stuff Starpath. I think Blaster would work pretty well in Map05.

Processingcontrol said:

Cool stuff Starpath. I think Blaster would work pretty well in Map05.

Please excuse me while I punch you for Map 6 :)

...And Ragnor, just think. The original version of Map 06 that PC sent to me to finish was far harder and more brutal than the version you playtested. I smoothed out a lot of the gameplay on that map. :P

But that said, it is one of my favorite maps. So intricate, and the pathing through the level is just brilliant.

I'll agree on that, well, again. I mentioned this exact thing in the bug report, so brilliantly open ended. Its just not right for Map 6. Map 10 or 11, MAYBE. The remaining E1 maps I have are too easy and a lot shorter in comparison :p

Memfis said:

It sucks when you open a wad in XWE

Indeed, which is why I use SLADE 3. :p

Yeah, Ragnor, I kinda agree. Although maps 05 and 06 have to go together, so map 05 would have to be moved as well.

Also, SLADE3 is the shit for dealing with lumps.

I don't think I have Map 5, so you cant blame me not thinking about connectivity between them :D I did think "If it WERE to go in Map 11, its exit would need to connect to the space E2 episode.." though.

Speaking of which, will you be adding a starting area like the new Map 2 one to Map 21? The start of it really doesnt seem like you just came from the Infernal Carrier, unless you get beamed down to that random spot. Not that anyone knows what 20's end is like yet, but hey, I'm thinking ahead!

(As for your XWE/Slade 3 sub-arguement, even I use Slade 3 and I'm no mapper by any means, its far better than XWE which blew shit up often)

Gez said:

That's one of the greatest usages of the QUOTE tag I've ever seen :P

Once MAP06's node issues can be smoothed out, I'll give it proper testing. Chocolate compatibility takes utmost precedence in my tests, so the map is somewhat useless to me in its current state.

Ragnor said:

Please excuse me while I punch you for Map 6 :)

Sorry for that. Like Kyka said, good thing you haven't seen the original version ;)

Also, thank you (and Kyka) for your comments on the layout. Hope to see the finished version of the map soon.

Gez said:

Deepsea, XWE = Dirty wad editing peasants
Slade3 = Glorious wad editing master race

StalkerZHS said:

Deepsea, XWE = Dirty wad editing peasants
Slade3 = Glorious wad editing master race

XWE is awesome. Far better than... ALL HAIL HYPNOSLADE... I for one, welcome our new lump editing overlords.

In all seriousness XWE and Deepsea were pretty good back in the day. They have just been superseded by a newer and better editor.

Also, an area from map 06. Probably one of the areas that had Ragnor so unimpressed.

Valkyrie is about to die.

I think Doomguy is just making that face because he caught an eyeful of the Pain Elemental's supple, alluring waste tube.

I noticed that Map22 still needs a name, so I came up with a couple.

Extraction Outpost
Damage Control
Lost Station

Suggestions? Alternatives?

Pottus said:

I noticed that Map22 still needs a name, so I came up with a couple.

Extraction Outpost
Damage Control
Lost Station

Suggestions? Alternatives?

I just dubbed it "Solitude" since it's the only tech-base out of the last ten maps.