Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Whoo said:

I just dubbed it "Solitude" since it's the only tech-base out of the last ten maps.

I really like that actually for some reason it sounds better when someone else names your map.

PS. I think I might do a few more tweaks on that map if it's not a problem.

Whoo said:

I just dubbed it "Solitude" since it's the only tech-base out of the last ten maps.

I have some suggestions for the name, although I've never seen the map.

Final FronTECH
Last Base (insert baseball joke here)

They both fit with what was said about it being the last, or only of the techbases in Ep3.

I like 'Solitude'.

Also: Final Frontears, borrowing StalkerZHS' idea.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but there is another map named Solitude. I know that duplicates aren't "forbidden", just thought you would like to know. Also, interesting fact: It uses a track from TNT: Evilution.

And I can't stress this enough: I can't wait for this to be released. I'm sweating and shaking.

Zed said:

And I can't stress this enough: I can't wait for this to be released. I'm sweating and shaking.

It's worthy of such rabid enthusiasm: the maps are top-notch.

Yes, I'm a corporate shill. But they really are good! :)

Zed said:

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but there is another map named Solitude. I know that duplicates aren't "forbidden", just thought you would like to know. Also, interesting fact: It uses a track from TNT: Evilution.

Thanks for the heads up, not sure if it's much of a problem I don't really have a problem with it it's really up to Whoo if that is going to be acceptable or not.

Ragnor said:

Could I get a hold of Map 5, 7 and 11 please? Those are the only E1 maps I dont have.

Map 5 is pretty much done, just needs a few touch ups. And deathmatch I think. Map 07 needs a little work still, but it is a really fitting and unique map. Map 11 is pretty much done also. I'll get to these soon. Reworking map 28 currently. MionicDonut makes a mean map and epic to boot, but a bunch of the fights on this level kill the sprite count, which means vanishing monsters and projectiles. Not good.

That level was indeed epic. Gave me as much trouble as Map 29 did. Although when I first got it, it crashed the shit out of my computer in the opening room, forcing me to play it on my brother's one.

Something is going wrong internally in this thing -_-

(Also, no breaking the automap Kyka, I already found pretty much all the missing lines there ;D)

I'll just release a directors cut version of this map after TNT2.

No Vanilla babbies allowed.

Zed said:

Eh, I don't see it being a problem. I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time a map happens to use the name of another pre-existing map.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Map 5 is pretty much done, just needs a few touch ups. And deathmatch I think. Map 07 needs a little work still, but it is a really fitting and unique map. Map 11 is pretty much done also. I'll get to these soon. Reworking map 28 currently. MionicDonut makes a mean map and epic to boot, but a bunch of the fights on this level kill the sprite count, which means vanishing monsters and projectiles. Not good.

MAP05 also needs to be intensely tested because I just barely was able to fit in the extra area for co-op compatibility. I didn't notice any BLOCKMAP glitches, but it definitely needs an in-depth test to make sure.

Fellowzdoomer said:

May i beta test this? Ill give you honest opinions.

Once I get an updated build of all the maps I'll send you the wad. There's a big testing phase going on right now so I want to get that out of the way before I let anymore testers into the mix.

Ragnor said:

I'm all for Solitude btw. Its not like TNT Evilution didnt reuse map names from Ultimate Doom or anything :p

But they added misspellings to differentiate their "[Coat?] Hanger" from the Hangar!

I read that as solarturd.

Side note, with the update about 5 7 and 11, which I assumed were complete and sitting somewhere, I'll get to work on Kyka's E2 maps tomorrow

Did I mention how much I fucking love that E2 sky? Because I fucking love that E2 sky. Really.

Ragnor said:

I read that as solarturd.

NOT SURE I LIKE YOUR SOLAR'TUDE'.

*worst pun ever*

Side note, with the update about 5 7 and 11, which I assumed were complete and sitting somewhere, I'll get to work on Kyka's E2 maps tomorrow

Did I mention how much I fucking love that E2 sky? Because I fucking love that E2 sky. Really. [/B]

Thanks man, and Avoozl also. Also, I'll get those maps done within a reasonable timeframe, I hope.

TheMionicDonut said:

All you had to do was ask D:

That is a fair call. I guess I just got so used to finalising and finishing other peoples maps when they either got *mostly* done with them or in some cases just got tired of them, that I just kept working like that with everything. Both your maps would have had to be modified to some extent to fit vanilla limits and the overall theme of the project, but otherwise, I absolutely love your work. I was seriously considering getting whoo to move your map 28 to 29, because with that huge fortress and the scope of the level, it almost makes a better finale than my map 29. I'll get you the vanilla compatible versions of your maps soonish, feel free to make/suggest any changes on whatever you hate! I've tried to keep the gameplay close to your intent, to still make it hard but using fewer monsters in places. And yeah, for sure, if you wanna release the proper 'brutal director's cut' versions of the maps once this project comes out, then for sure.

[edit] Screens.

Well it IS hell. I assume anyway, I'm not entirely sure if E3 is hell or some planet with a red sky. Lava on the ceiling works there. The lava on the ceiling of a room in Map 6 I did bring up as a point to be changed though, as thats currently E1

Anyway, having extensively played 28 and 29 back to back, 29 fits the 29 slot better, it WAS made with that slot in mind. Besides....that ending room ;]

Where were the problem areas with the sprites in 28 btw? I can only think of two areas that had too much going on, the opening room, which is the worst part of the map and initially soured my opinion on the map, and the cacoswarm, which was toned down in the revised version I got later

What is with the lava ceiling? I didnt put that there, and wasn't this just supposed to be changing the fights...

On that note, really not digging (what looks like) the browntek treatment in the second screen. There is enough browntek in this wad as it is D:
Meh, just show me the finished product when it is ready.

On a completely different note: Throwaway map names for those "Unknowns"

Heck-nology
Damned Nation
Technophobia
Silicon Terror (looking at you map06)
Collateral Damage
Infernal Machinery

And I really liked "Rusted Shut" for map29, back when names were thrown around for it.

Ragnor said:

Well it IS hell. I assume anyway, I'm not entirely sure if E3 is hell or some planet with a red sky. Lava on the ceiling works there.

I didn't say it doesn't, just raised my attention.

I don't know about you guys, but it totally breaks the immersion for me. I could suspend disbelief while blowing up flat sprites in a 2.5D game about a man in the future who can carry eight weapons and thousands of rounds and run 60mph and fall any height who is locked in bitter conflict against hordes of abominable supernatural creatures with impossible physiology from a nightmare dimension that only scarcely resembles ours where anything is possible - but you put lava on the ceiling and that's a showstopper for me.