Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

I guess this means I should get back to doing 21 onwards. During this downtime I was testing Lost Levels and Sverre Kvernmo's Plasmaplant.

LL doesnt really need me though, Megamur finds everything I find and then some :p

Huh. Im terribly slow at testing at times, so I guess I can juggle all three. Still haven't touched Trapped on Titan further, my main interest in continuing LL is Sverre's levels, we cant have them buggy as hell when hes right here on DW waiting for the finished product :p

As well as Pharoah, Eris and I talked about that one and he implemented an idea I had, I have to see that one.

In that case, I sure hope he doesn't hate what I did to Mephisto!

(I didn't do a lot, mind you. It's rather colorful now, though.)

He was always pretty bummed that none of his levels made it to PSX FD. He saw a vid of Mephisto from way back in this thread and was pretty impressed, and that was probably the radically altered version, so I'm sure he's open to any version as long as it doesn't really alter his vision for the Cabal stuff. I'm hoping his maps have been made to look really creepy and visceral, what with the much darker tone Cabal had to other maps at the time.

I hope that everyone who contributed to this still has ALL their development screenshots and music. Yesterday I had searched through all 69 pages of this thing and was only able to get 450ish of the development shots. I personally would like them to be released as some kind of bonus content, which I'm sure was already discussed.

StalkerZHS said:

I personally would like them to be released as some kind of bonus content, which I'm sure was already discussed.

Megamur, there's hope for II yet! :P

69 pages? Is 14 for me..

And yeah, ive read the whole thread about 6 times in total. Its great looking back and seeing little seemingly forgotten things that eventually do come to exist.

Eris Falling said:

Megamur, there's hope for II yet! :P

Again, if TNT 2 doesn't use it, just use it for another WAD. It's a great piece and shouldn't be wasted.

And I rarely delete anything. I actually still have all of the WIP levels that were sent to me (though I'm sure the authors wouldn't want anyone to see them).

Bucket said:

I nudged it in a different direction. You can finish it up or just let me know if you like where it's going.
http://speedy.sh/yG6w5/BAKUHATSU-wip2.mid

Man you did a lotta stuff to it! I liked a lot of it, but as you can see I don't really like the toms and the church organ. Listen to the thing first before you edit it, because it contains a surprise. I hope you wont change much of the main beginning of the second half.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ej6i1y4a7pj4yyt/BAKUHATSU_wip3.mid

In case you didn't know, I use Aria Maestosa to make my midi's.

Is there a way for you to save to MIDI format 1? It would make editing back and forth much easier. I'll be able to work on the song this weekend.

Bucket said:

Is there a way for you to save to MIDI format 1? It would make editing back and forth much easier. I'll be able to work on the song this weekend.

I never knew there was a midi format 0 or 1 until you told me right there. I don't think Aria can even do such a thing. It truly might be a lot easier if you just download Aria Maestosa (which is completely free) so that we're editing the midi with the same program.

I can read and save in format 0 just fine, but format 1 is clearly the superior option. There's no reason to work with the former unless you're forced to. It's fine; don't worry about it. I'll just do the adjustments on my end.

I think it is really neat that people are keeping old stuff from this project. Keep all of it. I have thought about releasing some sort of bonus package fro this project.

Though I ain't even going to think about that until after the project itself is done. One thing at a time.

But yeah, totally keep collecting stuff! Thanks guys.

And happy new year to everyone, and thanks for all your work in the last year. (and all the other years too.)

By God, this thing will get done.

Yeah, I still have the majority of your map versions in my TNT2 folder, along with all three demos

Anyway, let me know when you want 21 and onwards tested, im on a sort of break from the game currently, bu if needed I'll get onto it. Currently having fun with the Starbound beta

Ragnor said:

Yeah, I still have the majority of your map versions in my TNT2 folder, along with all three demos

Anyway, let me know when you want 21 and onwards tested, im on a sort of break from the game currently, bu if needed I'll get onto it. Currently having fun with the Starbound beta

You should try getting back into it gradually. I seriously need that feedback on map27 >_<

Hmm, I dont have 27. The last remaining maps in the wad I have are 21, 23 and 24 (With 29 already tested and just requiring a cheaty run, I dont think my soul can take a second testrun of that behemoth)

Where do I get the most current version?

Ragnor said:

Hmm, I dont have 27. The last remaining maps in the wad I have are 21, 23 and 24 (With 29 already tested and just requiring a cheaty run, I dont think my soul can take a second testrun of that behemoth)

Where do I get the most current version?

Sending you the PM ASAP.

Thanks, I should be on it tomorrow. Might as well get 21 23 and 24 done this week too, if Kyka wants it. 24 is yours as well isnt it? One of them was the very first demo's map, so glad that was never entirely axed, loved it.

If anyone needs any more testing done I will gladly offer to test.
I am experienced, and I want to do as much as I can to help TNT2 come out faster. Send me a PM with a download or something and I should be able to get some stuff tested and reviewed.

Ragnor said:

Thanks, I should be on it tomorrow. Might as well get 21 23 and 24 done this week too, if Kyka wants it. 24 is yours as well isnt it? One of them was the very first demo's map, so glad that was never entirely axed, loved it.

I don't think map24 is mine. Map15 and Map17 are sure mine (in collab with Kyka), 27 is entirely mine (it even contains a part of the FIRST demo, no spoilers which one)

StalkerZHS said:

If anyone needs any more testing done I will gladly offer to test.
I am experienced, and I want to do as much as I can to help TNT2 come out faster. Send me a PM with a download or something and I should be able to get some stuff tested and reviewed.

Yeah, for sure. I'll send you some maps.

alterworldruler said:

I don't think map24 is mine. Map15 and Map17 are sure mine (in collab with Kyka), 27 is entirely mine (it even contains a part of the FIRST demo, no spoilers which one)

No spoilers, but seeing as that map is in the current mapset, we may have to change or remove that part, seeing as I don't think it is a good idea to have an entire map virtually repeated as a section of another map. We'll work something out tho, I love the map itself.

And now, for some random screens.

Feels good reocgnising many of those areas.

Anyway, Alter, did you forget to add weapons to the opening of 27? I seem to be facing a ridiculous horde with nothing but a pistol and ammo for things I dont have. I dont REALLY want to IDFA or summon an SSG, RL and chaingun etc.

Start reminds me of 21 and 28, all three have an opening horde fight, 28 was the least fair as there as pretty much no room to move. I have a shit-ton of movement here, but I'm not pistoling everything :/

Bringing this up here incase this a big error.

Also, what midi is that? I KNOW IT FROM SOMEWHERE AND IT IS DRIVING ME MAD

That middle texture surrounding the plasmarifle in the second shot bugs me for some reason.