Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

"Not only a broken record but also a less believable one" would qualify to some as 'insultive'. So, y'know, maybe look at that b4 telling me to stop being insulting.

Love your mapping. Not so much always your attitude.

Also, "Who's 'we', white boy?' is the punchline of an old joke featuring the Lone Ranger, and is not intended as a racial slur, fyi.

Also, deadlines are nothing to do with me. Go annoy Whoo with things like that. I just work here. TNT2'll get there, sooner or later.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

"Not only a broken record but also a less believable one" would qualify to some as 'insultive'. So, y'know, maybe look at that b4 telling me to stop being insulting.

Love your mapping. Not so much always your attitude.

Also, "Who's 'we', white boy?' is the punchline of an old joke featuring the Lone Ranger, and is not intended as a racial slur toward you, fyi.

Also, deadlines are nothing to do with me. Go annoy Whoo with things like that. I just keep working on this thing. It'll get there, sooner or later.

That was pointed at deathevokation, because he did sound like a broken record :P and the published Pms suggested that he's also not so much keeper of words. Also I didn't get the joke sorry. Pardon my attitude but I don't really like the situation.

But really, just how long can we keep perfecting maps? Sure it'll get there but... sometimes too long is too much IMO.

alterworldruler said:

That was pointed at deathevokation, because he did sound like a broken record :P and the published Pms suggested that he's also not so much keeper of words. Also I didn't get the joke sorry. Pardon my attitude but I don't really like the situation.

But really, just how long can we keep perfecting maps? Sure it'll get there but... sometimes too long is too much IMO.

All good. My apologies too. You are at least partly right, because I tend towards perfectionism something severe.

Just fyi, and everyone else's too, here are a list of the maps that I know their current status and that I have compiled. This is accurate to the best of my knowledge. (The ones with no comments I have neither seen nor tested yet.)

Map 01: Complete and tested (Old map by Emzee712, finished by me.)
Map 02: Complete and tested (Darkreaver, Deathevocation, finished by me.)
Map 03: Complete and tested. (Me.)
Map 04: Complete and tested. (Me.)
Map 05: Complete NOT tested. (Processing Control.)
Map 06: Complete NOT tested. (Processing Control, finished by me.)
Map 07: Complete. Partly Broken. Not tested yet. (Valkiriforce.)
Map 08: Complete and tested. (Tango, finished by me.)
Map 09: Complete and tested. (Melon and myself.)
Map 10: Complete and tested. (Whoo, modified by me.)
Map 11: Complete and tested. (Valkiriforce, minor edits me.)
Map 12: Complete and tested. (Me.)
Map 13: Complete and tested. (Old map by Emzee712, finished by me.)
Map 14: --------
Map 15: Complete and tested. (Alterworldruler, finished by me.)
Map 16: --------
Map 17: Complete and tested. (Alterworldruler and me.)
Map 18: --------
Map 19: Complete and tested. (Xenonemesis and me.)
Map 20: Incomplete (Lupinx and Alter, currently I am working on this map.)
Map 21: Complete and tested. (Olympus and me.)
Map 22: Complete. Not sure about whether tested. (Pottus.)
Map 23: Complete and tested. (Me.)
Map 24: Complete NOT tested. (TheMionicDonut.)
Map 25: Complete and tested. (Purist.)
Map 26: --------
Map 27: Complete Being tested now. (Alterworldruler.)
Map 28: Complete NOT tested. (TheMionicDonut.)
Map 29: Complete and tested. (Me.)
Map 30: --------
Map 31: Complete NOT tested. (Valkiriforce.)
Map 32: Complete NOT tested. (Valkiriforce.)

Two reserve maps:
Map 18: Complete and tested. (Xenonemesis and me.)
Map 24: Complete and tested. (Old Alterworldruler map. Brushed up by me.)

Alright, then we are not that far off from release ;), I'd still settle for a possible summer date. Before I certainly would like to release it early enough so people can nominate it for Cacowards if they like it.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

* Maps *

Yeah, that list is accurate, and I have all the maps in the blank spots except for MAP14 and MAP26.

Kyla, both you and Megamur have tested MAP25. Last it was left I think it was considered final. I certainly hope that's the case anyway.

purist said:

Kyla, both you and Megamur have tested MAP25. Last it was left I think it was considered final. I certainly hope that's the case anyway.

Yeah that's true. Updated the list. Soz, had forgotten I had tested it.

StalkerZHS said:

Man you did a lotta stuff to it! I liked a lot of it, but as you can see I don't really like the toms and the church organ. Listen to the thing first before you edit it, because it contains a surprise. I hope you wont change much of the main beginning of the second half.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ej6i1y4a7pj4yyt/BAKUHATSU_wip3.mid

In case you didn't know, I use Aria Maestosa to make my midi's.

http://speedy.sh/QSztZ/bakuhatsu.mid

You left with a rather odd bridge to segue out of. I tried my best with it.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Yeah that's true. Updated the list. Soz, had forgotten I had tested it.

No worries!

I'm going to be frank; I have no idea what direction you're trying to take this song in.

I don't really know the direction either! I'm still learning how to make truly good music. I always have this want to make some FREAKY WEIRD song, which would explain why part of it sounds crazy. I'll analyze a bit of what would feel good from right here to a final version.

Most of the break between the two halves needs a major fixing, but I do like what ive done with the drawbar, and the drums in the 3rd measure of break. Ive put some things in the entire songs drums that would be better off as actual instruments, and I may have unnecessarily edited the pickbass, and sadly excluded your pickbass from the ending...

The first part of the 2nd half will be trouble to sort out, but the super-solo should come 8 measures after the beginning, and during the supersolo the guitar and harpshi parts should switch so that the harpshi is on the part of the mostly As, Ds, Bs and Gs.

There totally must be some way to combine our drums and make them fit well with the drumstyles of B.Princes and Team TNT, but I think doing that may be the most difficult.

Feature creep happens with music, too. Your songs can turn out to be a meandering mess if you don't contain them. When I find that happening, I split the new sections off into new songs. Sometimes that fosters more ideas. I think you should start over from my last revision with the intention of tying it off.

Doomhuntress said:

Bucket offered to modify some of my tracks if i posted them here. so i'm going to put a few tracks here and see if they're to be of any use for the project. they'll be posted in no specific manner.

I went through these - and honestly, most of them are TNT material as is. If I were to do anything I'd edit the songs for time because they take a while to get to the point. Then I'd make them loop-friendly. If you want to do that yourself, you should, or I can get on it next weekend.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

So you can understand I took that as license to go make changes to that map as I saw fit. The fact that you don't like a particular section of what I have done is absolutely fine. Dude, I am more than happy to have you revisit the map and make changes so it better suits what you have in mind. What is maybe not so great is the implication that I have made changes without your consent. I just wanted to clarify this.

*hung over response*
Hey, I'm sorry if my wording gave that implication :) ... I know darkreaver gave you permission. I thought I was doing was no different to what a beta tester or someone giving criticism on something that can potentially be great. I still really am thankful for that hellish section at the beginning of the map. :) It adds a lot to the map, so I'm not entirely ungrateful haha. :)

and... Alter, I'd love to know where the hell you got "keeper of words" from? :/
After it was agreed that I work on it again and restore my area I sent a version that was fixed to Kyka, and my frustration stemmed from getting the map back with my area painted brown again and losing all the work I put into other areas as well, you don't tell someone to work on a map while in the meantime making an update of your own with some minor changes that will overwrite the work they've done. Before attacking the integrity of one party and accusing them of not being a "keeper of words", how about checking to see whether the other party fulfilled their end of a contract?

Ok Deathev. Here is a timeline of map 02 development, and I hope this clears up why things have worked out like they have.

1) I invited Darkreaver to make a map for this, which he did, and sent me an initial version of the map. (Let's call this V1)
2) Darkreaver got Deathevocation involved in the mapping for the map.
3) A couple of months after this, Darkreaver sends me a PM saying, "can you, or someone else, finish this map off? Layout is done, its just some gameplay left to be fixed. Do whatever pleases you (guys), that goes for the layout too of course. I think this is for the better because this map will just rot on my HD for months unless I send it off to someone."
4) So I go to work tweaking and balancing the map, and then sending it off to the testers and then making all the changes the testers suggested. (V2)
5) I send the finalised map back to Darkreaver and Deathevocation.
6) Darkreaver seems happy with the result. Deathevocation not so much. (Which is cool incidentally!) So I send it back to Deathevocation for him to make further changes as he sees fit. (Just for the record, I didn't continue to work on the map from that point. I waited for Deathev to finish his changes.)
7) Deathevocation sends me a new version of the map. (V3)
8) I look at this new version, and while a lot of it is really good, it has loads of misalignments, bugs and at least one broken area. So to save myself and the testers lots of work, I went back to V2, (the earlier finalised and tested version that I had done), and I reworked and retextured it based on Deathevocation's newer version. My aim was to incorporate Deathev's changes, but without having to keep all the stuff that had already been fixed.
9) Present day.
10) Deathev, if you wish, I will send you the current version of the map for you to make changes. Let me know. And hope this clears things up a little. I have tried pretty hard to keep your ideas and your work in the level, while still maintaining the standards and stuff that should be there. :)

DeathevokatioN said:

and... Alter, I'd love to know where the hell you got "keeper of words" from? :/
After it was agreed that I work on it again and restore my area I sent a version that was fixed to Kyka, and my frustration stemmed from getting the map back with my area painted brown again and losing all the work I put into other areas as well, you don't tell someone to work on a map while in the meantime making an update of your own with some minor changes that will overwrite the work they've done. Before attacking the integrity of one party and accusing them of not being a "keeper of words", how about checking to see whether the other party fulfilled their end of a contract?

And what's done is done. What ultimately matters is that in the end I will use whatever version you want to be submitted. All this pointless arguing serves no purpose.

...And in other news I should have all the maps within a few days, with the exception of my MAP10 overhaul that still needs some tidying up and balancing.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Map 14: --------
Map 26: --------

Xaser's map is done and being tweaked (I played it yesterday I can attest to its doneness), Alfonzo finished thing placing my map and it's done, I'm just reworking the exit area and then it should be good to go. So both of these are tentatively 99% done.

I'll probably ship mine over to Whoo once I debug a certain section and give it a couple more runs. There's a broken trap I need to doctor up.

I think Kyka would be a pretty bad character in Marvel vs Capcom. What would his special move be? Making the opponent brown?

Tarnsman said:

I think Kyka would be a pretty bad character in Marvel vs Capcom. What would his special move be? Making the opponent brown?

Whoo said:

And what's done is done. What ultimately matters is that in the end I will use whatever version you want to be submitted. All this pointless arguing serves no purpose.

Yeah, I'll stop, sorry... I don't mind getting called an arrogant pretentious stuck up broken record player, just not a liar who doesn't keep his word, because that's not true. Okay, it is stupid and pointless arguing, anyway dropping it now. :)

Yes Deathev, I suggest you do make it the best looking area in the mapset. I wish you well with that.

Incidentally, the next few days on the TNT2 thread should be interesting.

Whoo, check your PM's. I want this shit resolved.

Tarnsman said:

I don't think I have ever once seen you say anything genuinely good about anyone on these forums, other than yourself or your own little crew. You only ever show up when there is trouble to be stirred up, and then you stir it up far more than is necessary or helpful. As usual. And so, while we are speaking of special moves, I see your special move is stirring up trouble with your retarded egotism. And in this area, you are very special indeed.

TheMionicDonut said:

[Really really funny gif.]

This wold have been twice as funny if you had given it a sepia tint before you posted it. Because... y'know, brown.

Ragnor said:

TNT2.1: Dramalution

Not yet it isn't. :D

Calm down everyone, no need to get sappy or angry, not sure if Whoo told you but we now have a shared TNT2 dropbox folder (that is private obviously).

So what would you think about doing some little reorganisation and putting everything in that one folder (in respective folders depending on the author)?

Whoo will have to decide about it but i'm just suggesting. It's about time we put an end to this lack of communication and try to deal with it.

Although im utterly swamped in pretty much everything right now and currently of little use, I agree, lets get this done.