Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Whoo, what about your attempt with tech-themed statusbar? I think if Megamur one will be chosen, that other one could be put into standalone wad as little set with some alternate graphics for people who would like try different experience + why not make like in MM2 case kind of lost levels or hidden bonus missions. I'm sure some people will want contribute maps what didn't manage into main 32 or noticed this project too late to contribute in standard mapset.

As for titlepic, crossover of blue sky from TNT bossback can be made fading into actual one from the first episode of this project with strange flashing object going through like lightning. Doomguy is surrounded by the torches pointing his weapon into unclear area blinded by that blue glow. To some extent his shadowy shape is hardly considered human and his eyes also glowing blue.

There's this one, and unless Megamur wants to take a shot at adding some detail to it you can use it.

You'll have to wait till next week for just the statbar image though as it's on my gaming PC which currently has no motherboard in it.

MAP30 Area #3 WIP:

This is the final layout, but right now I'm working on getting rid of the HOMS showing up everywhere.

Thanks for spotting that bug Memfis. I'll get that fixed, and send out an updated pack. :)

I really like the layout and design of your screenie, but I think perhaps there is a few too many colors in there. Browns and grays with green ground and red highlights clash a little imo.

But good work tho.

I agree about the colors. It's hard to keep things consistent when you work with so many new textures. I'll see what I can do about it.

And wait, am I on the slot 23 again? My map is far from being hellish. There is some bloodfalls but that's about it.

Soz, didn't mean to come off as critical. I gotta remind myself that I have been working with this texture pack for pretty much a year now, whereas most of the other mappers have only just got their mitts on it. So I have had much more time to work out what goes with what in terms of all the new stuff.

Memfis said:

And wait, am I on the slot 23 again? My map is far from being hellish. There is some bloodfalls but that's about it.

Yeah your map doesn't look like it would fit very well. I'll switch your slot with Kyka's Mill II, so you'll be MAP17 now.

Ive been away from Doomworld for a long time (Having a broken laptop means no Doom and that meaans its cruel to see projects I cant play anytime soon) and this surge of progress pleases me :D

The new textures are geat, and I love that my suggestion of touching up the original barbed wire was eventually taken (Probably inadvertantly), that barbed wire to me is highly iconic of TNT for some reason (Also, is that Kyka with a new account O_o?)

And did that second TNT project ever get finished? (Renasence I think it was called?)

That other project from iddqd.ru forums by Eternal (maps remake using stock textures) are nowhere to be found except doomworld/idgames and no info if it will continue. Probably ends with the same fate like Remain1, as episode. However these maps weren't too faithful, just tons of homages and re-imagined or relocated areas. As a remake is ok, but as a TNT spirit follower is broken, something is missing.

As for this project, it's straight sequel to TNT with all of these old and new things. Has old TNT style atmosphere with tons of new ideas, creative designs and better quality.

Ragnor said:

Ive been away from Doomworld for a long time (Having a broken laptop means no Doom and that meaans its cruel to see projects I cant play anytime soon) and this surge of progress pleases me :D

The new textures are geat, and I love that my suggestion of touching up the original barbed wire was eventually taken (Probably inadvertantly), that barbed wire to me is highly iconic of TNT for some reason (Also, is that Kyka with a new account O_o?)

And did that second TNT project ever get finished? (Renasence I think it was called?)

Welcome back Ragnor. :)

Thanks for comments on the textures. And no, it wasn't inadvertent, I did take up your suggestion to touch up the barbed wire, it was a good idea.

And yes, you are correct about my identity.

Been a month since last major update.

Layout and some stats
Purple lines denote areas that need construction.

Another screenshot from a room that will be too busy killing you to appreciate later.

Why not mix Whoo's HUD with Megamur one? I mean all actual details from Megamur's could be added on Whoo's or merge them in one. Do you remember certain cyber-organic textures from E2/E3? Example: left part with ammo and health is Megamur version, from there technical installations like on Whoo's one beginning to appear but they are broken in exactly same way like on Megamur one, then it's hidden under stone/metal from Megamur one (keys and ammo type stats).

In short: outside area of statusbar is Megamur's and middle area is Whoo's merged in a way they will blend and not clash themselves.

There's a much easier way to change face - no need modifying all these frames. Just do it in STRAIN way if you know what I suggesting. ;-)

Good screens on this page guys. Nice work.

Updated version of the texture pack with a few bugfixes coming soon.

I think when I first regged this project was limping along. It's great to see so much progress made and looking great. I'm sure I won't regret my anticipation.

GBT3 said:

Why not mix Whoo's HUD with Megamur one? I mean all actual details from Megamur's could be added on Whoo's or merge them in one. Do you remember certain cyber-organic textures from E2/E3? Example: left part with ammo and health is Megamur version, from there technical installations like on Whoo's one beginning to appear but they are broken in exactly same way like on Megamur one, then it's hidden under stone/metal from Megamur one (keys and ammo type stats).

In short: outside area of statusbar is Megamur's and middle area is Whoo's merged in a way they will blend and not clash themselves.

There's a much easier way to change face - no need modifying all these frames. Just do it in STRAIN way if you know what I suggesting. ;-)

Well, that kind of defeats the point of the one I was making, which is a direct continuation of the original DOOM/TNT status bar. But it's whatever you fine folks would prefer. I have no control over the project.

A note to people who need playtesting: When you link testers to your WAD(s), could you say whether or not skill levels have been implemented in your map(s) yet? I generally play through the maps on all three skill settings, which is a waste of time if they haven't even been implemented.

Furthermore, while Chocolate Doom is the target platform, should I be testing maps in other ports, as well? Or should we just wait until the maps are basically complete and fully Chocolate-compatible, and then do one last run in ZDoom or whatever just to make sure they all work?

Megamur said:

Well, that kind of defeats the point of the one I was making, which is a direct continuation of the original DOOM/TNT status bar. But it's whatever you fine folks would prefer. I have no control over the project.

Yeah I think we'll just use yours. I have to recreate that tech-statbar anyway because I can't find it anywhere on my PC.

Megamur said:

Furthermore, while Chocolate Doom is the target platform, should I be testing maps in other ports, as well? Or should we just wait until the maps are basically complete and fully Chocolate-compatible, and then do one last run in ZDoom or whatever just to make sure they all work?

Just use chocodoom. If it works in choco, then there's a good chance it will work in all the other ports. We'll test later before release, but I'm not too concerned over ports having problems with maps.

I am far from dead.

I will take my time with finishing this map till planned deadline. I want to make sure I deliver quality ;)

Whoo said:

Yeah I think we'll just use yours. I have to recreate that tech-statbar anyway because I can't find it anywhere on my PC.

Just use chocodoom. If it works in choco, then there's a good chance it will work in all the other ports. We'll test later before release, but I'm not too concerned over ports having problems with maps.

It's worth looking into if you can have people test for other ports; I encountered some linedef voodoo that broke MAP31 of PRCP in ZDoom. But I really don't mind if I have to play something in not ZDoom, like MAP18 of Reverie (ghost monsters)

If a port doesn't play a map correctly you should notify the port maintainers. They should be more than happy to fix it.

Processingcontrol said:

If a port doesn't play a map correctly you should notify the port maintainers. They should be more than happy to fix it.

I should do that, I just know I tried getting a comp flag put in for The Final Gathering (pretty sure it's a bug that has to be reenabled on a special case) and the report went unanswered long enough that I stopped checking.

If something can be easily changed so that it is compatible with both vanilla and a modern sourceport then I guess there is no reason not to. I mean we ain't gonna rewrite source code or anything, but if it just means minor changes, then why not.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

If something can be easily changed so that it is compatible with both vanilla and a modern sourceport then I guess there is no reason not to. I mean we ain't gonna rewrite source code or anything, but if it just means minor changes, then why not.

Ditto !

Ok Everyone. In the last week, I have sent out a new version (Version 29) of the texture pack to mappers and testers. So if you are a mapper or a tester, or someone who feels they need the texture pack for whatever reason, and you haven't received a PM with a download link from me, PM me or post here.

Thanks guys.