Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

gvozdevik said:

Hey, I'm not inactive, I did 1/3 of my map ;)

Thanks for posting. Looks promising. :)

Check your PM's also. I have sent you the latest version of the TNT2 texture pack.

Also, screenies...

Those screenshots look nice! I really can't wait for TNT 2 to be released!

Also, I wonder if the final boss will be different?

I'm really looking forward to this megawad. Evilution sure was worthy of a sequel like its sister megawad Plutonia, and is my favourite of the Final Doom duology.

Those computer panels remind me of the computer panel textures of Duke Nukem 3D, and some of those textures sure are an improvement, given how a lot of them from the original seemed pixelated.

Thanks for comments T-Rex.

If you see this, maybe take those screenies out of the quotes, or mods get unhappy.

And just 'coz I am nearly finished this level...

800 and something monsters, probably not gonna get this under save game buffers any time soon.

Not a problem. Good luck releasing the megawad for this year so that it could be a winner for the 2012 Cacowards.

Errrr... I hope this monster count is only that high for UV, right? In lower difficulties it will be less (because I prefer a more relaxed gamestyle)? :)

But other than that, this green theme for the map seems to be visually appealing. TNT2 might be the same for TNT as Plutonia 2 was for Plutonia - a worthy successor. ^^

So Ive just had an 8 hour bus ride placed in front of me this weekend. (LOL CAMPUS VISITS) Map28 may finish ahead of schedule. It seems to be on par with Kykas green map in terms of scope and monster count. I can only hope that the green map is 29.

More to come later.

NightFright said:

Errrr... I hope this monster count is only that high for UV, right? In lower difficulties it will be less (because I prefer a more relaxed gamestyle)? :)

Yep, only on UV is there that many.

But other than that, this green theme for the map seems to be visually appealing. TNT2 might be the same for TNT as Plutonia 2 was for Plutonia - a worthy successor. ^^ [/B]

Thanks for the comments. We sure hope that is it a worthy successor.

Having played about a dozen of the maps, I really feel this is gonna be something pretty special when it is done.

TheMionicDonut said:

So Ive just had an 8 hour bus ride placed in front of me this weekend. (LOL CAMPUS VISITS) Map28 may finish ahead of schedule. It seems to be on par with Kykas green map in terms of scope and monster count. I can only hope that the green map is 29.

More to come later.

At the moment, the green map is at 29. It isn't really very hellish, which was my only concern about having it at 29, but if you have a map 28 that leads into it, all the better. :D

Good luck with the campus visits thing too.

jointritual said:

Is anyone making a stronghold inspired map for this? I hope so as it was one of tnt's better maps...

IF you go to page 5 of the TNT2 thread and scroll down (Soz, I don't know how to link directly to a particular post), whoo posted some shots from a map in progress by Lupinx-Kassman that looks sort of Stronghold-ey. Not having seen the whole map tho, I can't say how close it is.

The fruits of an 8 hour bus ride...

LOL vanilla level decoration.

Does a readily available soulsphere ever bode well?

Stats. Just need the end of the map put in. Item placement is also well underway.

I was trying to work out where on the map the 2 screenies come from.

I think the first comes from the far left, that irregular room that sits at about 8 o'clock from the center of the map. And the second screen, at a guess, comes from the long bendy corridor at the very top.

amiright?

Good looking screens anyway.

Yes and yesser. Though that easily could have been crossapplied to my last map pic, from which those two areas were absemt. good job though.

MAP05 is nearing completion! Testers should expect it within a few days.

Looks good ProcessingControl. I like that layout, and that you have taken a lot effort with texture alignment. Alignment isn't everything, of course, but to me it is always worth the work. Send it on, looking forward to it. :)

Looking good from what I can see, just work on the alignment as Kyka said.

Also good screens Kyka and TheMionicDonut. Looking forward to testing the maps.

Whoo said:

Looking good from what I can see, just work on the alignment as Kyka said.

Heh, musn't have written that very well, I actually thought the alignment was really good. Looking at that screenie, I see lots of non orthogonal walls, and yet the METAL2 type textures still tile nicely. Which means that, as far as I can tell, ProcessingControl has gone around and made the linedefs 64, 96 etc units long to keep the alignments, well, aligned. :) Which is a pile more work than just making orthogonal rooms and piling on the the textures, and then hitting the 'autoalign' key, but it does make things look heaps better. I do this a lot myself.

Also good screens Kyka and TheMionicDonut. Looking forward to testing the maps. [/B]

Totally.

Thanks for the comments!

Kyka, you're right about how I did metal alinement. It annoys me whenever I see textures just slapped everywhere like they're wallpaper.

Well I guess I read that wrong. I just noticed the metal texture in the lower left gets cut off by the floor.

Just came up with a name for the map: "Littoral", or maybe "The Littoral"

Whoo said:

Well I guess I read that wrong. I just noticed the metal texture in the lower left gets cut off by the floor.

Yeah, you are right. I did notice that, but I was looking mostly at horizontal alignment.

ProcessingControl, a solution to this, you could possibly look at using texture METALVT1 or METALVT2, which are METAL2 based textures, but they have a 16 wide air vent at the top and bottom respectively.

So seeing as that sector looks 144 units tall, you could use the 128 tall METALVT1, and have a 16 high metal vent under that where the texture repeats. Just a thought anyway. I have used those textures for exactly that in a number of places.

80 high sector. METALVT on left and above and below switches.

Processingcontrol said:

Just came up with a name for the map: "Littoral", or maybe "The Littoral"

I think just 'Littoral.' Sounds more mysterious.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

ProcessingControl, a solution to this, you could possibly look at using texture METALVT1 or METALVT2, which are METAL2 based textures, but they have a 16 wide air vent at the top and bottom respectively.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I'll be able to make all the vertical alignment perfect; many of the walls have irregular heights. I think it isn't such a big deal if they sink into the floor, because there are possible ways it could happen in real structures, and it isn't as noticeable.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I think just 'Littoral.' Sounds more mysterious.

'Littoral' it is then. :)

Processingcontrol said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I'll be able to make all the vertical alignment perfect; many of the walls have irregular heights. I think it isn't such a big deal if they sink into the floor, because there are possible ways it could happen in real structures, and it isn't as noticeable.

[/b]

Yeah for sure. I was just throwing it out as an idea anyway.

'Littoral' it is then. :)

I googled 'Littoral' and it is a really interesting concept to use as the name of a level. Mysterious and kinda spooky. Y'know, I gotta ask what thought process led you to choose that word for the name of your level? I am kinda intrigued.

Littoral is finished!
Testers: Prepare your chocolate-doom.exes!

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I googled 'Littoral' and it is a really interesting concept to use as the name of a level. Mysterious and kinda spooky. Y'know, I gotta ask what thought process led you to choose that word for the name of your level? I am kinda intrigued.

Just searching Wikipedia for "sophisticated" language. ;)

EDIT: I can't send PM's to megadoomer, probably because he was losered or whatever.

Working on balance issues on S&S for now, until I get inspired for the grand finale. Still upholding April 30 as completion date. As it stands it will probably take an hour or so to complete on UV.

Should level designers be putting any focus on multiplayer compatibility? Or is this strictly an SP affair?

And again, I implore level designers submitting their levels for testing to mention whether skill levels are implemented and need to be tested.

Thanks for the comments TB171 and Carnivorous Goat. :)

Megamur said:

Should level designers be putting any focus on multiplayer compatibility? Or is this strictly an SP affair?

I don't know for sure, but I would expect that any sequel to TNT2 would ultimately have Deathmatch and Coop incorporated into all the levels.

Most of my levels don't have that done yet, though over the last few months, I have been going back and working deathmatch-workable changes into my levels.

The other thing I have started working on is pulling some old, smaller deathmatch maps off the archives and pimping them up, so on SP maps that are too big or too complex to easily work in a decent deathmatch layout, we could cut and paste a separate area for DM onto those levels. I've made a few deathmatch levels as well which I was thinking about putting into the tnt2 'pool' of levels

And again, I implore level designers submitting their levels for testing to mention whether skill levels are implemented and need to be tested.

Good call. Just outta interest, have you tested any of my maps yet? It's fine if not, as I have only sent them to whoo, and not actually to any of the testers yet, but for all I know whoo may have passed on all the maps to you guys. IF he hasn't, I'll send you some stuff soon.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I don't know for sure, but I would expect that any sequel to TNT2 would ultimately have Deathmatch and Coop incorporated into all the levels.

Ugh, my level would screw up massivly in Coop. I guess I could regulate Coop games to select sections of the map, or add a separate Coop area...