Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Doohnibor said:

This instantly qualified for a top spot on the "most pathetic excuses I've ever heard" List.

I guess you don't realize that you're making a complete joke out of yourself with constantly making statements and when the time has come acting like if you never said anything - or even going so far as editing the posts in which you have given a date. What a Joke.

Guess I leave this thread for good - it's not worth risking a ban over this after all. (@the fanboys - please save the "you won't be missed" answer ; )

And my sincere "I feel sorry for you" goes out to everyone who contributed in time and has to wait for an eternity.

you won't be missed

;)

Doohnibor said:

This instantly qualified for a top spot on the "most pathetic excuses I've ever heard" List.

I guess you don't realize that you're making a complete joke out of yourself with constantly making statements and when the time has come acting like if you never said anything - or even going so far as editing the posts in which you have given a date. What a Joke.

Guess I leave this thread for good - it's not worth risking a ban over this after all. (@the fanboys - please save the "you won't be missed" answer ; )

And my sincere "I feel sorry for you" goes out to everyone who contributed in time and has to wait for an eternity.

I never thought I'd see a turd like this posted by a third party... reading this was actually a surreal experience, thanks for the read! As if it's Whoo's fault another mapper gets caught up in a thing called real life and goes AWOL for a few months or said mapper gets mappers block etc and would rather map when he / she is inspired to avoid mapping out mediocre filler.

Oh and a team leader setting deadline dates isn't a bad thing, it encourages mappers to get their maps done quicker, and then changing the deadline if the previous deadline is missed, really is basic common sense.

PS: "you won't be missed" ;)

Doohnibor said:

He's the leader of this project, and volunteered much of his time to make a map that we can play. The fact is that this project isn't abandoned and is making good progress. He doesn't NEED to make an excuse since he is not our employees.

In other words, I apologize that you had to see this Whoo. You don't deserve this, and he doesn't deserve to play TNT 2. Maybe make a Joke map regarding him (idk lol)?

P.S: You won't be missed, Doohnibor.

Doohnibor said:

While this was really over the line and sort of uncalled for (inb4 hypocrisy) Im going to play devils advocate and wonder why nobody asked for midis a year ago when we still had a majority of maps done.

Does anybody know midi making devices? I know there is a open studio at my community college but Im not sure oif it can be made outside of there.

I use Anvil Studio myself.
The only thing I can see wrong with it is the inability to bend note pitch.

I should clarify on my previous post: Shoot me a PM if you need a specific MIDI and I'll see if I can come up with anything

XenoNemisis said:

I could definitely make some music if you guys need it.

If you can contribute, feel free to. Just remember to stick to the restriction in the first post.

Bucket said:

HAY GUISE WATS GOIN ON IN THIS THEAD? LOL
I figure since I'm waiting for Jimmy to wrap up the Plutonia MIDI project, I'll contribute a bit to this one.

Title: TechNoTronic
Size: 26.9 KB
Time: 2m 51s
http://speedy.sh/DP8PQ/technotr.mid

Thanks for the track.

TheMionicDonut said:

While this was really over the line and sort of uncalled for (inb4 hypocrisy) Im going to play devils advocate and wonder why nobody asked for midis a year ago when we still had a majority of maps done.

Does anybody know midi making devices? I know there is a open studio at my community college but Im not sure oif it can be made outside of there.

That's mostly my fault as I let MIDIs slip by without thinking about them. Sorry about that.

As Eris said Anvil works, or if you're feeling "fancy" you can use FL Studio.

Eris Falling said:

I use Anvil Studio myself.
The only thing I can see wrong with it is the inability to bend note pitch.

I should clarify on my previous post: Shoot me a PM if you need a specific MIDI and I'll see if I can come up with anything

Right now I'm just accepting any TNT-themed MIDIs. If you need to play one of the maps to get started I'll send you one.

Whoo said:

Right now I'm just accepting any TNT-themed MIDIs. If you need to play one of the maps to get started I'll send you one.

I've started playing about with something "Bells" themed. Should contain elements from a variety of TNT tracks when it's done :)

Ragnor said:

As in, Death's Bells? ;]

Death's Bells, Legion of the Lost Bells, however you want to speculate for now :) Probably more-so the latter. I can hear similarities to "Space Storm" from DN3D too.

Double post

• Name: Death's Chimes
  • Size: About 13KB
  • Length: 02:25
  • Composed: 06/07 June 2013
Okay, it didn't turn out as TNT-ish as I was expecting, so I leave it's fate to the developers.

It's a 60BPM track with a tolling bell constant throughout the track, which is deliberately buried by the main instruments.

Instruments, to give you an idea

1. 1x Sawtooth
  2. 2x Distortion Guitar - One melody, one chord
  3. Drums
  4. 2x Tubular Bells - Pan left, Pan right
  5. Synth Bass+Lead - Extreme deep bass line, reaching A1 at points.

tarantul.mid is really cool, I like the dischorded feel in a lot of your MIDIs, Bucket. @Eris - the only thing I'd change in your mid is to perhaps lower the sawtooth volume - other than that, very cool song with a nice buildup.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2e8gil4mte40bk/DK92_LC_Updt.mid - An updated version of "Lost Cause". May still not be what you guys are looking for, but it's much better than the original version now I'd say.

Eris Falling said:

Double post

Okay, it didn't turn out as TNT-ish as I was expecting, so I leave it's fate to the developers.

It's a 60BPM track with a tolling bell constant throughout the track, which is deliberately buried by the main instruments.

Instruments, to give you an idea

1. 1x Sawtooth
  2. 2x Distortion Guitar - One melody, one chord
  3. Drums
  4. 2x Tubular Bells - Pan left, Pan right
  5. Synth Bass+Lead - Extreme deep bass line, reaching A1 at points.

Sorry to sound elitist and I hope you don't take this personally but do you realize that you've just butchered my childhood?

The MIDIs are really flowing in now! :p

@Eris: I really like that one, feels like it would fit in TNT. Haven't really listened to the others yet, but Im sure they are excellent as well.

DeathevokatioN said:

Sorry to sound elitist and I hope you don't take this personally but do you realize that you've just butchered my childhood?

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about :/

Eris Falling said:

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about :/

To put it nicely, I'd rather you make something that's your original creation. :P But that's just my opinion (and my childhood).

DeathevokatioN said:

To put it nicely, I'd rather you make something that's your original creation. :P But that's just my opinion (and my childhood).

It seems pretty original to me, but I don't want to get into an argument about this.
Not that I'm withdrawing my MIDI, but I'll play around with something else anyway.

Eris Falling said:

Death's Bells, Legion of the Lost Bells, however you want to speculate for now :) Probably more-so the latter. I can hear similarities to "Space Storm" from DN3D too.

Death's Bells: The Wormhole track
Legion of the Lost: The intermission/Pharaoh track

Some of TNT's music struck me as being highly experimental (Storage Facility), so I decided to experiment myself.
I've been working on a melody, but at the moment I prefer it without one, though it will be needed eventually :/

Early version of Untitled Experiment
Size: 16.89KB
Length: 1:44

It's a bit odd, but kinda catchy. Listen out for TNT D_READ_M

Bucket said:

Composition goes much faster when you say "fuck chords".

Title: 1 TrillioN Tons
Size: 34.3 KB
Time: 2m 17s
http://speedy.sh/uv3xp/trillion.mid

Do you by chance have a link to your whole collection of music, perhaps if there's anything non-MIDI as well? I'm sure I'm not the only one on the premesis who would appreciate that. Another very cool song.

purist said:

That's nice. Would be quite appropriate for my Spider Colony map considering the title too :-)

Will do.

Eris Falling said:

Double post

I like the track, but I'm not sure how well it would fit in seen as it sounds just like Space Storm.

Bucket said:

Nice! That's a good mix of guitar and synth instruments.

Doomkid92 said:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2e8gil4mte40bk/DK92_LC_Updt.mid - An updated version of "Lost Cause". May still not be what you guys are looking for, but it's much better than the original version now I'd say.

Sounding better, but still not quite there. Here is a remixed track I did in FL Studio. I'm not too sure about the Slap Bass, but this in general is what makes a TNT track; lots of synths mixed with percussion and strings.

Eris Falling said:

Some of TNT's music struck me as being highly experimental (Storage Facility), so I decided to experiment myself.
I've been working on a melody, but at the moment I prefer it without one, though it will be needed eventually :/

Thats got some potential, but it could use more than two instruments.

Whoo said:

I like the track, but I'm not sure how well it would fit in seen as it sounds just like Space Storm.

--

Thats got some potential, but it could use more than two instruments.

Eh, the more I listen to it, I hear it more. I knew they were similar at the start though.
I tried to disguise it with a different chord progession, but it doesn't seem to have done the job.
I don't know if the resemblance would be a problem with TNT, as opposed to the speed of the track.

--

I'm still working on a sawtooth and guitar harmonised melody, but it's not easy for me. Though I guess you meant more than a melody as well?
Then again, it can't come out worse than TNT11 :P

Eris Falling said:

Eh, the more I listen to it, I hear it more. I knew they were similar at the start though.
I tried to disguise it with a different chord progession, but it doesn't seem to have done the job.
I don't know if the resemblance would be a problem with TNT, as opposed to the speed of the track.

--

I'm still working on a sawtooth and guitar harmonised melody, but it's not easy for me. Though I guess you meant more than a melody as well?
Then again, it can't come out worse than TNT11 :P

I liked TNT11 :/

Was going to consider using it for map24

[This post shamelessly duped from the post your screenshots thread]

Sorry guys, my internship started on the 3rd, so I don't think I'll be able to finish map 20. However, alterworldruler has bravely taken on the task of finishing my no doubt bug-filled level. So as a little farewell *dramatic teardrop*, here is my last batch of screenshots for the map in its current state (I have probably taken shots of older versions of these areas before):

Bucket said:

HAY GUISE WATS GOIN ON IN THIS THEAD? LOL
I figure since I'm waiting for Jimmy to wrap up the Plutonia MIDI project, I'll contribute a bit to this one.

Title: TechNoTronic
Size: 26.9 KB
Time: 2m 51s
http://speedy.sh/DP8PQ/technotr.mid

Boy, I can tell this isn't your first rodeo. Very well done. I'm not sure how well it fits TNT's style, having a lighthearted, whimsical, synth-heavy energy more in line with an old action-RPG game. But I don't really care: it's a great piece.

Eris Falling said:

I do agree that it's dangerously close to the Duke3D track at times, and it reminds me nothing of the beautiful Death's Bells (which almost struck me as more of an opera piece than a typical DOOM track. One of my favorite songs to grace the series). I still think it's a nice piece, with some good power to it. I just kinda wish the song would...go. It SURGES...and then goes quiet...and SURGES...and quiet. And it's like, just surge and run with it for a while. Stop teasing. :)

Bucket said:

You're welcome! Here's another one.

Title: TaraNTulas
Size: 20.9 KB
Time: 3m 00s
http://speedy.sh/vm32y/tarantul.mid

Oh yeah, this is a good one. I definitely hope this will be in the final version of the WAD.

Bucket said:

It's not bad. Certainly got a good level of intensity and menace to it. But I can't really see it working in any kind of map beyond a HR-style slaughterfest with constant, fast-paced action.

Eris Falling said:

It is catchy, but I worry about the tempo. Most of the maps I've tested so far have been fairly lengthy, so I'm not sure how much appeal such a fast song as this would have after listening to it for a half-hour. The energetic, fast-paced drumbeats could start becoming a bit irritating. Perhaps it should be slowed down, or maybe just have certain sections of the song with decreased tempo. Failing that, just attach it to a relatively short level. :)

lupinx-Kassman said:

[This post shamelessly duped from the post your screenshots thread]

Sorry guys, my internship started on the 3rd, so I don't think I'll be able to finish map 20. However, alterworldruler has bravely taken on the task of finishing my no doubt bug-filled level. So as a little farewell *dramatic teardrop*, here is my last batch of screenshots for the map in its current state (I have probably taken shots of older versions of these areas before)

Stunning screens. It's a shame, but totally understandable, that you won't be able to finish this. It has an incredible Eternal Doom sense of scope and detail to it.

TheMionicDonut said:

http://www.speedyshare.com/HSJFK/BoneBreaker-6913.mid

Something I am starting up on. Ive composed about a minute. Make sure Im on the right track, plz.

Im aiming it for late game, using maps 28 29 and 30 as frames of reference. Also going for that TNTish feel.

Really reminds me of something out of Daedalus. There's an airy, moody kind of serenity that seems more fitting for a map heavy on deliberately-paced exploration. Honestly, it would fit MAP03's "archaeological dig" kind of atmosphere pretty well.