Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Recommended Posts

FL Studio. Probably not the best for MIDIs, but it's a hell of a lot better to use interface-wise than Anvil Studio. Are there any other good sequencing programs out there?

The main two things I like that FL does is a simple right-click to delete notes, and clicking a note to copy its length to be used for new notes, which are made by left-clicking.

Share this post


Link to post
MG_Man said:

FL Studio. Probably not the best for MIDIs, but it's a hell of a lot better to use interface-wise than Anvil Studio. Are there any other good sequencing programs out there?

The main two things I like that FL does is a simple right-click to delete notes, and clicking a note to copy its length to be used for new notes, which are made by left-clicking.


FL Studio is amazing for MIDI sequencing. My favorite though is Guitar Pro v5.

Share this post


Link to post
Bucket said:

Trips N Tracks

Dayum. I absolutely love this one -- tempted to claim this one for Nostalgia though I'm somewhat uncertain whether or not it fits the intended tone. I might be overthinking this one, so I might give it a re-listen later and see what my thoughts are after I've recollected 'em. Right now the track has splayed them all over the place in the best possible way, so welp. :P

Share this post


Link to post

http://www.speedyshare.com/Bt2Px/BoneBreaker-62013.mid

I spent several hours last night and this evening trying to finish this up, only to end up accidentally deleting about a minutes worth of music from the end (see, all the work Ive done since Monday)

Im too disheartened to do anything else with this, unless somebody actually thinks this is worth using.

Fuck everything. I'm done.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

The new version of TeneT rocks. Especially the central part with the off timing. Sounds to my ear like some parts could use a little quantizing, but musically and thematically it is really interesting and captures that ambient Doom feel really well.

In terms of updates, not much to report I don't think. I might have spent my recent Doom time playing Hellbound, which I just finished today. So now that's done, I'll start making some progress again.

Whoo is doing all the music, so I wouldn't really know where music stuff is at even without Hellbound-based distractions.

Share this post


Link to post

Right now we're just waiting for the last maps. I told everyone that they should shoot for finishing their map by the end of summer.

Other than that, all we can do is keep collecting MIDIs.

Bucket said:

*Bucket MIDIs


Great tracks! You really got the feeling of TNT's ambient tracks down.

TheMionicDonut said:


You can always go back to it later, but I think with a little modification to the ending it's still usable.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Map 17 is now fully finished.

Map 21 is around 75% done.

And Map 06, which ProcessingControl sent me to do a little work on just recently, is mostly finished also.

As for the other unfinished maps, no recent news as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Fernito said:

FL Studio is amazing for MIDI sequencing. My favorite though is Guitar Pro v5.


I composed most of my MIDI songs in Cakewalk. But also some were created in FL_Studio.

Share this post


Link to post

Right now we're still waiting on maps, which are progressing well as far as I know. We've also collected a total of twenty-one MIDIs, so we're on track there as well.

If Xaser and Tarnsman don't update this month I'll check in with them when August rolls around, and Alter is resuming his work on Kassman's map after a brief hiatus.

Share this post


Link to post

Title: In Must we Trust
Time: 1:57
Size: 23.1 kb
Link: http://www.speedyshare.com/rfckz/MustTrust.mid

Map24 is already Mustaine inspired
may as well make a shameless midi ripoff. by which I mean tribute.

I apologize in advance for my lack of midi making skill.

Whoo said:

Right now we're still waiting on maps, which are progressing well as far as I know. We've also collected a total of twenty-one MIDIs, so we're on track there as well.

If Xaser and Tarnsman don't update this month I'll check in with them when August rolls around, and Alter is resuming his work on Kassman's map after a brief hiatus.


So that is 27 or 28 testing ready maps. Can there be some type of alpha for testers? Compilation may as well start since 90-95% of the material is in.

Share this post


Link to post


*MIDIs*


Nice, I'll add them to the list.

TheMionicDonut said:

So that is 27 or 28 testing ready maps. Can there be some type of alpha for testers? Compilation may as well start since 90-95% of the material is in.


I'll have to PM Kyka about maps he might have worked on before I send that out. Pretty soon we'll also have to start testing for coop compatibility. We could get some sessions going with chocolate-doom multiplayer, but later I can also contact Evolution (he helps run Thursday Night Survival) who offered us a password-protected Zdaemon server for testing.

Share this post


Link to post

Checking in with Xaser and Tarnsman tomorrow, and I'm still waiting for Kyka to send me the maps he has. I also let Evolution know about co-op testing when I ran into him this past Sunday in a game of Quake.

In other news, MAP05 won't be co-op compatible unless you're playing with a port that uses the MAPINFO lump.

Share this post


Link to post

i have a couple of MIDIs at hand i could donate to this project... none of them are really TNT-themed, though, so i'm not sure if they are of any use here.

Share this post


Link to post
Whoo said:

In other news, MAP05 won't be co-op compatible unless you're playing with a port that uses the MAPINFO lump.


Why is this?

Share this post


Link to post
Marcaek said:

Why is this?


The map has several rising/lowering walls as the player moves throughout the level to prevent SEG and visplane overflows. This cripples cooperative play because the walls block off parts of the map.

I tried to make a separate area for multiplayer, but due to the size of the level I couldn't do that without causing a BLOCKMAP overflow.

Doomhuntress said:

i have a couple of MIDIs at hand i could donate to this project... none of them are really TNT-themed, though, so i'm not sure if they are of any use here.


Post 'em and we'll see if they're usable.

Share this post


Link to post
Whoo said:

The map has several rising/lowering walls as the player moves throughout the level to prevent SEG and visplane overflows.

Why can't players interact with these when up close? If done right, there's no reason co-op play should be impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Xaser said:

Why can't players interact with these when up close? If done right, there's no reason co-op play should be impossible.


Because doing that in vanilla will lead to an instant crash if someone is looking towards the wall on the opposite side. Plus, I'm not sure how the map would react if a player crossed a linedef lowering a floor that's already in motion via a lift linedef.

Granted the crashing would still occur in vanilla with or without the walls, but Processingcontrol requested the SP portion not be modified.

Marcaek said:

How will the use of a MAPINFO lump rectify this?


The MAPINFO lump loads a map titled "MAP05MP," which eliminates the walls.

Share this post


Link to post
Whoo said:

Post 'em and we'll see if they're usable.

aright, i have to spend some time rounding up Doom-themed tracks, though: right now i have a crapton of MIDIs that aren't all made to be Doom music (as well as tracks that aren't finished, either).

Share this post


Link to post
Whoo said:

Plus, I'm not sure how the map would react if a player crossed a linedef lowering a floor that's already in motion via a lift linedef.


Nothing would happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×