Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

What does this action do?

S1 Floor Raise Donut
I have NEVER, EVER seen this action used in any of the levels I've played. I hope the answer isn't obvious, but is this action any useful at all? What does it do?

Thanks a bunch.

I believe this would be used if you had a ring of lava or slime around a pillar with a key or weapon on it. It makes the pillar lower and the ring of lava rise up to the height of the floor the player is on. I think it is used on E1M2 of Doom in the secret with the chainsaw.

It's a bit of a pity that more, what could essentially be described as, "scripted" actions like that wern't coded into the engine.

But the dounut actions underlying setup is probably quite simple with regards to what the engine has to work out. The variables required for almost anything else would have probably been far more complex.

Lord_Z said:

I believe this would be used if you had a ring of lava or slime around a pillar with a key or weapon on it. It makes the pillar lower and the ring of lava rise up to the height of the floor the player is on. I think it is used on E1M2 of Doom in the secret with the chainsaw.

Also, E2M2.

WOW, thanks for all of the help. I never imagined it would have to do with that Chainsaw in E1M2 and then the Chaingun in E2M2.

It makes the pillar lower and the ring of lava rise up to the height of the floor the player is on.

Just wondering, but isn't it the sector where the tagged Donut Switch is on?

When I think back on it, I believe it just raises/lowers to the adjacent floor, not necessarily to the one with the switch or player.