Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihateflesh

Weird texture problem.

You want to use the flat F_SKY

The sky graphic itself is determined by the level number/episode your level falls on.

Vorpal said:

You want to use the flat F_SKY

The sky graphic itself is determined by the level number/episode your level falls on.

FINALLY someone explains it in terms I can understand!

If you make a sector around where the sky is visible, and make it have a lower ceiling height with the ceiling texture being F_SKY as well, all the area that is an upper texture will be invisible and the sky will be displayed behind it.

1. It's probably better that instead of doing it based on our worded descriptions, that you see how it's done by opening some of the maps in the IWADs. I learned how to do it by looking at E1M1 of Ultimate Doom and not making a thread on doomworld asking how.

2. You should probably learn how to make maps the original doom way before you confuse yourself further by making maps in formats specific to certain source ports.

Ninjalah said:

FINALLY someone explains it in terms I can understand!

A little observation goes a long, long way.

Use3D said:

A little observation goes a long, long way.

Yes yes, but I've always thought that you would be able to change the sky texture on command. After listening to all of the advice in the "how to make skies" thread "The sky texture depends on the map you're on" helped out most.