Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Doom in Hexen. Designating secrets. How is it done?

Recommended Posts

Sector effect 9 - Secret. is not there, and I can't see any linedef or sector based ways to make secret areas. So how is it done?

Thanks. :)

Share this post


Link to post

In DB there's a Secret setting under the Generalized Effects tab under the sector type button.

Share this post


Link to post
exl said:

In DB there's a Secret setting under the Generalized Effects tab under the sector type button.

Quiet. It was supposed to be secret :(

Share this post


Link to post

If I remember right. Put only sector efect number 1024. DB shows "unkown" but it works at me.

Share this post


Link to post

The good thing about this system is that it isn't a sector type as such. In Doom mode, if a sector is a secret, it cannot be anything else. With this system, a flashing or damaging sector can also be secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Juiche said:

If I remember right. Put only sector efect number 1024. DB shows "unkown" but it works at me.


This is exactly what I found. DB shows unknown, but in ZDoom, it works fine.

Enjay said:

The good thing about this system is that it isn't a sector type as such. In Doom mode, if a sector is a secret, it cannot be anything else. With this system, a flashing or damaging sector can also be secret.


This actually didn't occur to me, but you are absolutely right. Will keep this in mind for future reference.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×