Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Mini-level Megawad demos [-complevel 2 or 9]

DSDA page

aka mlm // mlm12 // mlm12.wad // mini level megawad

Downloaded a wad called Mini-Level Megawad by Wim Vanrie yesterday. Very fun so far, but also very challenging on UV. Some tough maps already pop up by map 10 or so.

I skipped a fair bit ahead and found some extremely high enemy count maps to have fun with. I did UV-Max demos for 29, 31, and 32.

Map 29 - 2:55
Map 31 - 1:18
Map 32 - 2:13

Map 31 is probably my favorite demo of this bunch simply because I go from 200/200 to almost nothing in under 20 seconds.

Here's hoping more people do some demos for this wad.

Attaching zipfile now.

mlmdemos.zip

I did one speed demo for this wad, from what I've played and seen most of the maps aren't uv-speed friendly, but I think I know some more maps that could be done, anyone interested more speed demos for this wad ?
MAP01 UV-Speed in 0:05

ml01-005.zip

kimo_xvirus said:

anyone interested more speed demos for this wad ?

Thought I'd give it a try. ;)

Mini-Level Megawad:
Map02 UV Speed in 0:16

ml02-016.zip

Another Mini-level Megawad UV-Max from me. This one for map23 with a time of 1:52. Not bad since I was aiming for a time under 2 mins, but still can go faster because a few monsters were slow to teleport in at the end.

Attaching demo now.

ml23-152.zip

Two final demos for Mini-level Megawad today before I get off the comp. Both are improvements to previous UV-Maxes I did. Map 23 was improved to 1:37 and map 29 improved to 2:33.

Map 23 is about as fast as I want to push it for now, but map 29 is still quite improvable.

Attaching zipfile now.

mlmdemos2.zip

I wanted to create a separated thread for this wad, because I think it deserves some bigger attention of demo-recording. Calls for some strong UV MAXers especially! Can some moderator move the demos from Misc thread here, pls?
Anyway, one berserk and a group of impies is enough to make me happy :-D
Map 02 Tyson in some 2:03.

P.S. Is the whole wad vanilla compatible or not (-complevel 2)?

ml02t203.zip

Today's UV-Max from me is for map 27. Quite a tough one here with the first half of the level being very tricky to get past. Second half isn't quite as bad.

Time for the run is 6:11. Going under 6 minutes here oughta be possible.

ml27-611.zip

So many broken monster teleporters :(

Map10 is really cool but why the hell are those teleport lines not repeatable? I don't enjoy having to kill everything in an area only to make sure that the destination won't get blocked.

Since this wad was hosted at a contest, I played through the whole of it after the contest ended, and I must say that this really is a very good wad, with nice little maps providing a good challenge. I recorded 17 NM demos, some of them involving fighting, some pure runs to the exit. Needless to say, on some maps it's much harder to make a UV max than a NM run.

Some maps are practically impossible on NM, at least without tools. I did play with Tasdoom.exe in MAP06, here is a very casual attempt (note that it is converted to v1.9 format). Normal demos attached to this post.

mlm12nm.zip

Thanks. First time I used this kind of trick (i.e. wobble + death slide) deliberately was Biowar map02 (there the slide was longer but the attack was coming from behind). More discussion about wobbles here. (Damn, was that really five years ago?)

Mini-level megawad by Wim Vanrie: Map14 NM Speed/Pacifist in 0:22

Featuring a simple glide and cyber dodging. Edit: Items % is wrong in the txt, but who cares about items anyway?

lm14n022.zip