Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erik

Scythe X - Episodes 1 to 2 released.

The wad can be downloaded at:

http://sl4.poned.com/scythex.zip

And also from the idgames archives as soon as it updates.

Description: Scythe X is a detailed 10-map wad made for fun and fast-paced play. It can be played with any limit-removing port.
Updates will come eventually in the form of additional 5-map episodes, no changes will be made to the existing maps.

The maps are aimed to be kind of simplistic in terms of layout and floor architecture and detail. They focus more on clever routes and high detail on walls and ceilings. This is done in order to make the gameplay intuitive and enjoyable rather than time-consuming and tedious.

Awesome maps, but that was to be expected. The last map was my favourite, very 'holy shit!' :P Only problem with it was that it was such a teaser of what's to come, heh.

Loving it so far!! As much as I enjoy Doom, I'm not that great at playing it, so Hurt Me Plenty is about as difficult as I can play and still enjoy myself. You've done a perfect job of balancing at that level - it seems like I'm always right on that fine line of low health and ammunition that it keeps me on my toes without becoming an exercise in frustration.

Great work, and congrats to your playtesters!

This is seriously amazing. I now feel really lazy because all the detail on my maps looks like something done by a toddler with a crayon compared to this. These maps are amazingly pretty and really stretch what can be done with a 2.5D engine while still having amazing gameplay.

edit: you have seem to have forgotten to put the map names in the dehacked patch :P

What are the rest of the episodes going to be like?

Edit: One of the textures in the SW corner of map04 is misaligned.
Edit: Also, I've taken a dislike to map07's music. I think the tune is too bland and jerky. Other than that it's fine though.

Really nice maps. Can't wait to play them for real. So far I only took a quick sampling.

I found one small bug though: Check sector #716 in MAP09. This has an invalid sector type.

Graf Zahl said:

Really nice maps. Can't wait to play them for real. So far I only took a quick sampling.

I found one small bug though: Check sector #716 in MAP09. This has an invalid sector type.

is this fatal in any ports?

Well, that depends on what you consider fatal.

The sector is part of a crate that's not reachable normally.

Doom.exe would abort but you'd have to cheat to get there.

In ZDoom it's very easy to jump there but all it'd do is damage the player (the type contains a Boom 20% damage bit.)

Great maps, really enjoyed playing them even at 1 AM and dead tired :) My only problem is I don't know what to do in MAP09 -.- I've gotten the blue key and I assume the switch opening the bars opens something else but I'm not sure what. Using a recent version of skulltag if it's related to the error graf zahl found.

Nice...though to be honest, I found the first six maps a bit "uninspired" in regards to gameplay: Mostly pretty easy (although that probably was intended :P) and for the most part pretty simple monster placement and traps. They weren't bad, but just nothing special. Maps 07-09 were very nice though, especially the chaotic start in 08 (I played all from pistol start).

However, I hate fighting cybers in hallways so map 10 gets a 1/5 from me. :(

As expected a great set of maps. I love the detailing, not to little, not too much. It just feels right.

Very neat maps once again. I'm looking forward to the full 32 levels.

One word: Yes.

Actually three words. Yes. Hell yes.

Thanks erik. Love your work. :)

YES!!!!!!! :)

Took a quick look through the levels, they look small but they look awesome! Will play it shortly and post my thoughts!