Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JadedLexi

Hexen: Rise of the Fallen Rider

This is a GZDoom mod I have been working on for quite a while(not really, though, just a lot of procrastination :p). It will be 3 episodes. Four maps for the first, Six maps for the second and 8 maps for the 3rd. I am also going to include two new classes, which will be the Necromage(I couldn't fit Necromancer in) and the Summoner. Currently, I am almost done with the first map of the mod and will release a 1-map proof-of-concept demo. :)

The rooms look rather empty. More texture variation would be good too, but I like that you're using alot of open space (just hope that there isn't too many jumping puzzles :P).

Khorus said:

The rooms look rather empty. More texture variation would be good too

[/b]
I wish that's something that Hexen had more of. x_x

but I like that you're using alot of open spac

Thanks =)

(just hope that there isn't too many jumping puzzles :P).

There's not too many.

Cool concept, but the maps themselves look like they need a lot of work.

And I think I see some jumping platforms in there .. I hate those, but whatever :P

udderdude said:

And I think I see some jumping platforms in there .. I hate those, but whatever :P

I think that once I'm done with this map and after I finish others, I'll work on this one some more and spruce it up a bit. I don't know, though, a lot of testers have said they like how it plays and how it looks so far..

Could you show me an example of your work? Sorry, but I'm a little picky and nobody has ever really asked to help map for any of my stuff before.

Isn't that what hexens all about X)
and again, its just a rough sketch, not even close to my best. i threw that together in all of about 20 minutes.

I think he meant that you can't see shit when you're in the water. That sector color for the water is bad, especially for how dark that map is.

Doom64Marine said:

Isn't that what hexens all about X)
i threw that together in all of about 20 minutes.

He asked for an example of your work, not something thrown together.
Not my first choice of action when applying for a project.

Hey, I like it, it reminds me of some Quake episode 3 maps! The second screenshot especially.

The fourth screenshot may need some light adjustment. Make the ceiling dark, so that it looks like lava's glowing.

I hope support for carrier objects appears in 3d ports (if possible). Second screenshot looks like it can have them.

DarkJedi188 said:

Interesting! I'm curious about the differences between the Mage and the Necromage and the Summoner.

Well, both the Necromage and the Summoner aren't COMPLETELY done yet. But in the demo, with the Necromage. You'll be able to summon skeleton warriors and mages ala, Diablo II and you can also throw skull grenades for the second weapon. For the Summoner, well, you'll be able to summon enemies to fight for you. I'm still not sure on how to make it so the player will be able to tell which enemies are which. :p

If it's for GZDoom, just give the player controlled actors a dynamic glow or something. Or some kind of particle smoke. Shouldn't be too difficult.

udderdude said:

I wanted to requote this post saying that some of those screenshots are old and the textures have been changed in some of them making it look nicer, at least, in my opinion. :)

PFL said:

Looking good! Any ETA?? :)

No, not really. I am thinking of releasing a wad with a finished map01 though when I finally get it done. :)

Archfile said:

Wow, we sure need more HeXeN wads, and i must say, that is one of the greatest.

Thanks a lot for the comment. :D
Obviously I see in some areas in it where I still need to improve, though.

From what I've seen earlier today (this computer doesn't display larger images unless linked), it's looking good. Keep at it! Very Quake-like, just what I like.