Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kracov

teleporter destination help

can someone help me with this tp destination thing? i have a map with a teleporter with tag 0 and a player tp destination with tag 0 (can't be changed). but i'm looking to make another tp and tp destination.

Don't use tag zero for such things. Tag 0 usually denotes no tag. It will still work in most cases, but it's not the proper way of tagging things.

I'll assume you're working with regular Doom format, so in that case, you need a teleport line with a sector tag specified. This tag can be anything you want it to (of course non-zero). You then need to choose a sector and give it a linedef tag with the same tag you used for your teleport linedef action. The only thing left to do is put a teleport destination in the sector you tagged.

When crossing the teleport linedef, it will look at the tagged sector and try to find a teleport destination. If there are multiple teleport destinations in the same tagged sector, it will choose the teleport destination with the highest thing number (the last one you placed in the sector). If no teleport destinations exist in the tagged sector, the teleport will not work at all.

um that was very confusing. i do know how sector/linedef tags work, mostly. i did make another teleport and teleport destination. i set the linedef to tag 1, and the sector to tag 1. i placed a thing inside the sector. it doesn't work, the lines aren't even green. can you simplify it?

sorry, i had a friend help. it's resolved. i'm using Doom in Doom 2 format with Doom Builder 2. i was just confused about teleporters.