Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Starke Von Oben

Zdoom maps that make good use of the stacked sectors.

Vader's "Blackrock" from ZPack (e3m7, but it's for Doom2 despite the episode naming) and Espi's "The Shrine" from Eternal Doom 4 demo (map27, for Doom) both come to mind. KDiZD also makes some usage of them here and there in certain maps.

some of the maps in "ultimate torment and torture" use stacked sectors (the library area in the first map comes to mind). Even though it's already been mentioned, Espi's "the shrine" from EDIV makes great use of stacked sectors, to the point where the game almost seems fully 3D

For upcoming releases, Rex is working on Paranoid, which will feature a few levels with quadruple stacked sectors when it's released.

Quadruple stacked sectors? ZDoom doesn't actually support rendering more than one in either direction (i.e. one above you, one below you). You sure it's not an elaborate 3D-floor setup or something?

esselfortium said:

Quadruple stacked sectors? ZDoom doesn't actually support rendering more than one in either direction (i.e. one above you, one below you). You sure it's not an elaborate 3D-floor setup or something?

One of the levels in the game, (according to doom nexus, it's a prison I believe), has a 4 tiered prison cell area. Rex would know more better than I would, but I think there's a level he's doing that actually has 4 different stacked sectors as well. Again though, that's just from what I read on his website. It's a may 25th update I believe

Thank you all for your replies.

Regarding Gzdoom, is it possible to make true 3D floors with it? How difficult is that to implement with Doom Builder and what additional Node builders will I require?