Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Megalyth

Dissolution of Eternity

I was going to ask this on some Quake forum, but you guys seem to have insane amounts of free time, so...

I have looked everywhere on the internet, and I can't find a walkthrough to Dissolution of Eternity for Quake. If anyone knows of a walkthrough (a full walkthrough, not just secrets), or can find one, please give me the URL.

If you've played it, I'm stuck in the Towers of Wrath, in the first episode. I've killed all the monsters, and I've activated some kind of generator that shoots bolts of elecricity from one generator to the next. The bolts eventually reach a platform covered with blood, with a button on the wall over it. The button seems to do nothing.
I looked through a crack in the wall in this same room, and behind one of the bookcases is the exit portal, but I can't make the bookcase open. I'm starting to wonder if the script didn't execute properly. Anyway, if you know how to get out of there, hook me up.

Thanks.

Well, I'm not exactly sure what the deal is. I've played that mission pack quite a bit and I never had any trouble finding my way out of there; all the paths through the levels seemed blatantly obvious to me at least. Try looking for a brick in the wall to push, or maybe one of the books in the bookcase can be pressed to move it. I think there was at least one bookcase in that game where one book was sticking out a little further than the others, and that was the switch to open it.

there is a way to open the bookcase, immediatly as you step off the elevator, look right, there's a book with face skin for a cover (could it be the necronomicon...?) it's kind of illuminated. anyways, jump onto the shelf in front of it and the shelf opens on the right of the book. i don't know if that's the trick you seek, it's been a long time since i've played it.

That's eventually what I did. I'd seen the whole level and killed all the monsters, so I just noclipped. Should have thought of that, heh.

By the way, the bookcase with the book sticking out of it was in the room below the room I was talking about. It opened a secret to a quad damage, which I'd already found before posting this thread. The bookcase with the exit portal behind it didn't have any switches or anything. I pressed and shot every square inch of it, to no avail.

Thanks anyway guys.

The Quake man, with the Quake avatar CHEATS AT QUAKE???!!!

naw, i don't have to resort to cheating...however it is a last resort for people who are stuck (like mega in this case)...

in any case, i thought DOE was a pretty shitty and boring mission pack (especially when compared to scourge of armagon - it provides the best Q1 SP experience, imo)

in any case, i thought DOE was a pretty shitty and boring mission pack

The first episode was horrible, but the last 3 or so levels were at least half-assed. The second episode I think was decent, but like you say nothing compares to Scourge of Armagon. I've played that more times than Doom's E1.

That's eventually what I did. I'd seen the whole level and killed all the monsters, so I just noclipped. Should have thought of that, heh.

By the way, the bookcase with the book sticking out of it was in the room below the room I was talking about. It opened a secret to a quad damage, which I'd already found before posting this thread. The bookcase with the exit portal behind it didn't have any switches or anything. I pressed and shot every square inch of it, to no avail.

Thanks anyway guys.

there's some kinda bug there, i got stuck in the exact same spot and ended up replaying the whole level over cuz of it. if you get stuck there again just no clip your way through. it's ok to cheat if it's a bug :)

The first episode was horrible, but the last 3 or so levels were at least half-assed. The second episode I think was decent, but like you say nothing compares to Scourge of Armagon. I've played that more times than Doom's E1.

I cant think of anything I've played more than Doom
Episode 1

Well, that wasn't counting the 32X Doom I played until we got a (good) computer around 1994.

Heh, are you sure you have the names right? Scourge is the first one, with the bases and stuff. The one with all those crappy square hallways and Hexen2-wannabe maps is Dissolution.

I just spent the last 2 or 3 days playing both mission packs all the way through, so they're pretty fresh in my mind. I have to agree that Scourge of Armagon was much better overall. Dissolution may have had more new weapons, monsters, and powerups, but the levels did get on my nerves for the most part.

I also felt cheated by the final boss. What I gathered from the story is that the dragon at the end is supposed to be Quake himself (I could be wrong though). It was pretty lame for the mastermind of a dimesional takeover and the ruler of an entire hellish plane. Armagon wasn't an exceptional final boss either, but the overall quality of the mission pack more than makes up for that.

Dissolution is the one with the lava nails and multi grenades, Armagon is the one with the thor's hammer, laser cannon, and proximity grenade launcher. Yes I do like dissolution better.

in any case, i thought DOE was a pretty shitty and boring mission pack (especially when compared to scourge of armagon - it provides the best Q1 SP experience, imo)

Agreed. The new weapons are better in SoA than the "alternate ammo" in DoE. And, like most of you already said, the levels in SoA are better as well. I also prefer SoA's music to DoE's.
But nothing beats Doom (all the three original episodes), when it comes to number of times I've played through a game!