Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

sector cleanup editor

If the nodebuilder crashes, just save and reload the map in Doombuilder. It removes all abandoned sectors, and the nodebuilder works again.

Super Jamie said:

I do this all the time in DB1. Perhaps that is why I sometimes experience crashes when switching to 3D mode. Though it happens alot less when using both Wine instead of Windows, and ZenNode instead of ZDBSP.

Interesting. I also run DB1 in Wine, and use ZenNode. I do experience occasional crashes with DB1, but so far never when going to 3D mode. Yeah it is a bit OT for this thread, but since you relate the crashes joining sectors one could wonder about the common elements.

At this point I plan to continue doing things the way I already am. If non-adjacent sectors share the same properties and are nearby each other then it seems to be safe to join them.

sparerib1968 said:

At this point I plan to continue doing things the way I already am. If non-adjacent sectors share the same properties and are nearby each other then it seems to be safe to join them.

In that case I would just merge the sectors into one, unless I was using the separating linedef to trigger something.

Lately I've seen the virtue in using a "floating" linedef to trigger things mid-sector. It lets me change the location of the trigger without having to re-align all my walls again and again.

The only crashes I've ever had in DB1 are switching to 3D mode. It also happens alot less under Wine than under Win XP.

Super Jamie said:

In that case I would just merge the sectors into one

What? How would that work?

sparerib1968 said:

non-adjacent

Doom Builder Guide 1.2 section 1.3.2.2 "Mode-Sensitive Toolbar Buttons" says:

MERGE SECTORS is similar to JOIN SECTORS: it deletes the shared LineDefs and makes the two adjoining Sectors a single Sector

How can non-adjacent sectors have shared linedefs? How can you call non-adjacent sectors "adjoining"?

Please see my first post in this thread. When I use DB1's join sectors function, it gives sector C the same sector number as sector A. That is all I am talking about.

Super Jamie said:

Oops sorry, I mis-read that as adjacent.

That's understandable. I was just wondering whether I had misunderstood your use of the merge sectors function.