Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Mammatus vs Asperatus

Sorry if I'm missing something, but what do you mean "new"? Haven't cloud definitions been set in stone since forever? If there is a new type appearing, is there any theories as to why it's forming now and wasn't before?

I never trust clouds of ANY type. They're nothing but cheats and liars.

I have my own names for clouds. I call those "rolly clouds" and they're pretty cool.

REGULAR CLOUDS: Or "normal clouds", if you will. They have subtypes of "big" and "small".
HIGH WISPY CLOUDS: The forecast says partially cloudy, but they shouldn't count.
COKE LINES: When clouds make rows.
DRIVE THROUGH CLOUDS: When you're in the mountains, you drive through them.
BOOKING IT CLOUDS: These clouds are dark and low and apparently late for a meeting.
WALL OF OBLIVION CLOUDS: Get inside quick and take the dog out so he doesn't pee himself.
NO CLOUDS: Always suspicious.

Actually saying not to trust mammatus clouds is probably a good idea. They are often a sign of extreme atmospheric turbulence, which sometimes is accompanied by unusually intense lightning that seems to come out of nowhere. Last time we had them out here, the strikes were so bad that I was taking cover while indoors. It was seriously scary.

Don't trust the essel cloud. He will glare angrily and excrete black rain, and possibly shout curse words.

Butts said:

Don't trust the essel cloud. He will glare angrily and excrete black rain, and possibly shout curse words.

Mammatus clouds, you say?

I wouldn't mind clouds that look like milky white boobs...

Don't trust the cloud in Super Mario Bros. It's actually a flying bush.

Actually, I trust clouds pretty well. A lack of them is what I don't trust. Going outside on a cloudless day feels like walking into the woods when it's completely silent. It's eerie. Then again, I live in Washington.

Quasar said:

Actually saying not to trust mammatus clouds is probably a good idea. They are often a sign of extreme atmospheric turbulence, which sometimes is accompanied by unusually intense lightning that seems to come out of nowhere. Last time we had them out here, the strikes were so bad that I was taking cover while indoors. It was seriously scary.

That explains why I saw them in Florida on I-95: there was periodic severe rainstorms the whole ride down and a pretty fantastic light(ning) show.

myk said:

Mammatus clouds, you say?

I wouldn't mind clouds that look like milky white boobs...

I was gonna say it.

Except I was just gonna say "mmm boobies".