Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReFracture

GZDoom and The Ultimate Torment and Torture

I wasn't able to find any relevant information regarding this matter, so I decided to bring this up.

In the latest official version, 1.2.01, there is an issue where picking up the rocket launcher gives it to you, but the moment you switch from it, you cannot use it again. The number '5' is not filled out on the arms indicator as it should be.

Tormentor never mentioned in the text file which version this mod was confirmed to work with properly, so I would just like to point out that version 1.1.04 works fine.

I could be wrong, but I'm betting the issue is related to this.

(That's the same effect you get if you manage to import an SSG to DOOM, using Doom or Chocolate Doom as the engine. You can get the weapon, switching to it when you pick it up, but never switch back to it again if you switch to something else because the engine doesn't recognize it as tied to the key.)

There was some major change in the weapon handling before the ZDoom 2.3.0 release on which GZDoom 1.2.0 is based on. I always thought that all the kinks had been removed before the 1.2.1 release.

By now everything should be fine again though. You can try one of the more recent SVN builds which are available on DRDTeam. If you can confirm that they fix your problem I'll do a new release as quickly as possible.

I did a little bit of looking around and found the SVN repository, took a suggestion you had there and downloaded TortoiseSVN, however as far as compiling goes I'm pretty much lost.

Is there somewhere that binaries of the latest SVNs are kept? if not, I'd like to get myself setup to compile them myself.

Gez said:

http://svn.drdteam.org/

The SVN builds on DRD Team are, surprise, on DRD Team. There's even a big link to it on the ZDoom wiki main page.

Thanks.

Graf Zahl said:

If you can confirm that they fix your problem I'll do a new release as quickly as possible.

Issue resolved in R-451.

Thx for the confirmation. In that case it actually makes sense to release a new version which should be ready the next weekend.

Thus ruining my savefiles :D

Thankfully I dont have about 12 saves each a good way into a big megawad this time, only about three saves, one of which was UTnT before picking up the rocket launcher mentioned.