Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

How to get ripped; for nerdy gamers

Wanna look like your favorite video game hero?

1. Buy, or download a new game, or pick a game you already have that you aren't very familiar with, preferably one with selectable skill levels and/or online play.

2. Set to the hardest difficulty, or play online on a server with people that are totally out of your league. (Clan war servers for example)

3. Try your fucking best. Play for at least 30 minutes.

4. Ragequit.

5. Lift.

For the past couple weeks I've been going about this strategy. Yesterday I was trying to beat Contra Hard Corps using Sheena, the lousiest character in the game. Today I started an offline skirmish on skulltag on D2CTF08, Me and Chubbs on blue team, four Ultimuses on Red.

Both days I found myself doing 100 regular sit-ups, and 45 pushups wearing a backpack with 60lbs of weight in it purely out of stress. I can already see results. Try it.

I think I'd actually have to put on some weight before attempting to bulk up, heh. I'm one of those lucky fuckers with a freakishly efficient metabomalism.

Also, most people who take up body building tend to be overcompensating for something.

I have been seriously weight lifting for almost three years. I have put on a pretty good amount of muscle. I also put on a lot of fat a while back because I just ate whatever I wanted and never did cardio. For probably 8 months now I have been dieting and doing cardio on a regular basis and I have lost 40 pounds of fat. My muscles are now much more toned and defined than they once were. I previously looked more like a pregnant powerlifter rather than ripped bodybuilder which is look I am going for.

I can't wait to go on clean bulk and put on some more muscle. Need to get my arms back over the 16 inch mark only they need to be lean this time rather than fat and flabby.

How to get ripped? That implies wasting my money, but what suggestion you give in that list is how to get healthy and have fun (or how to be fun and do something productive...) Where's the waste?

Ripped is a word of many meanings. One of them being "To have extremely defined physique" aka bulging muscles.

"Flab is fab!" Anyone who says that deserves to die a greasy, smelly, oily death in a vat of boiling french fries.

I'm not the shining example of health but I'm pretty strong; I have 15 inch biceps and a 52 inch chest. Never measured my quads but they are rather large and not from flab either. I'm six feet and weigh about 250 lbs.

Be careful about going into a weight-lifting regimen if you have been sedentary. It's very easy to tear or strain something. I happen to know because the joint and connective tissue problems I already had amplified many times when I started exercising, to the point where I am very limited as to the kinds of workouts I can do.

There are alternatives to being ripped and being flabby. For instance, I weigh 135 pounds.

Yeah, I need to build some muscle...

Wow, I weigh less than Creaphish. Ya'll are fat motherfuckers. I could lift weights. Could lift wieghts. Or I could stay unnaturally skinny.

Here's what I do 3 times a week:

2 Mile Run
100 Jumping Jacks
2:00 worth of Pushups
2:00 worth of situps
Bunnyhop up and down a flight of stairs
25 yard sprint 4x

Coopersville said:

My school program requires that I keep in shape

Thanks to the "PTA", my brothers school PE program, here in California is a joke. Back in my day, (couple years ago) they used to take Physical Education a little more seriously, and used to motivate the kids to participate.

Coopersville said:

My school program requires that I keep in shape, but I enjoy lifting weights. I agree that stress is a good motivation to start working out.

Arn't you in your twenties?

r_rr said:

Thanks to the "PTA", my brothers school PE program, here in California is a joke. Back in my day, (couple years ago) they used to take Physical Education a little more seriously, and used to motivate the kids to participate.

The PE program across the entire US is a joke.

I used to have bigger muscles, but then the swim season started and I did a ton of drugs, now I'm just really defined and have no fat whatsoever. I used to weigh 155 and now I weigh 142. My wrestling competition weight is either 132 or 137, I haven't decided yet. I also lost 40 pounds on my 5 rep for bench press... I'm at 205 currently.

And fuck the US PE program.

The PE system is fucked in the USA thanks in part to the "No Child Left Behind" program that forces all schools to push "standardized testing". Schools that perform poorly get their funding cut. Needless to say, schools cut out "unessential" things to compensate, such as PE, the arts, etc. Ironically, these are the very things kids need to perform BETTER academically. Is it no wonder that the performance of public school kids has plummeted since the introduction of NCLB?

That has actually happened to all of the local schools in my area. All secondary classes have been cut, whether it be PE, Art, Music and the like.