Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
guy1667

Help

I just got re-interested in Doom when I found a certain mod for Doom 2 (http://doomwads.com:7575/data/z/zombies.txt). Unfortunately, I don't know which Doom 2 version I have, and I can't seem to follow the instructions on that page. Basically I have a lot of Doom 2 files scattered in my WindowsTemp folder. This 'Zombies' mod requires Doom 2 version 1.9, and when I tried to install it, I got an error, probably because I dont have the right version.
So...
1.) How do I check my version of Doom 2?
2.) How do I install this mod? Sorry but I need really specific instructions, I'm not good with this kinda stuff.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

I don't know anything about the mod, but the version of Doom should be displayed at the top of the screen when you run it by itself (NOT Doom95 or a source port).

1) Press F1 in the game, I think... or check the help file.
2) The wad file needs to be in the same directory as Doom. I presume you have the 95 launcher, right?
If you've got a mod which needs an enhanced port you'll need something like ZDoom to play.
http://zdoom.notgod.com
Then drag 'n' drop the wad onto the ZDoom icon. Any good?

Certain way to check Doom2 version 1.9 is , Doom2.wad has to be 14,604,584 bytes when checked in "properties"

I suggest you delete your second post very quickly. Don't say I didn't warn you.

What now?

I suggest you delete your second post very quickly. Don't say I didn't warn you.

What now?

Uh oh! Lüt has caught wind of a scandal!

Ok, I've got Doom 2 version 1.9, and I have the mod downloaded. Now where do I unzip it to, and how do I set it up?

2) The wad file needs to be in the same directory as Doom.

Actually, no it doesn't. All you need to do is use the -file command line parameter and the rest of the directory if it's not in the exact same folder (e.g., if the WAD was not even the game directory at all then you would type -file c:\doomdata\pwad\doom2\zombies.wad). That was just a folder I used to store my WADs and DEH patches in, so dont' come crying saying that you don't have it on your 'puter.

BTW, I know what mod you're talking about. I found it on Bob Larkin's DOOM WAD Station before it was taken down.

Can you give me a step by step instructions on how to do this, I'm really not good with old programs.

Hoho, somebody used my avatar....this is the first time since all these years :)
Take a closer look...do you really know who is on the pic ?

Hoho, somebody used my avatar....this is the first time since all these years :)

Heh, not really. One other newbie used it for a few posts quite a while ago. I think he only posted one or two questions in editing though.

Heh, not really. One other newbie used it for a few posts quite a while ago. I think he only posted one or two questions in editing though.

Oh dear, Lüt, I missed it :(

Too bad.