Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BadCompany

Using in hexen format

When I started an new map in DoomBuilder1 in hexen format, so all texture unknown and show in question symbol pictures.

How I can transform the texture into this format? And another tihngs, too?

Make sure you're loading the hexen iwad if it's really zdoom (hexen). If it's zdoom (doom in doom format) it should load fine with doom/2.wad. Also make sure that the hexen configuration has your hexen iwad selected. Do this by going to tools-> game configurations -> resources tab and scroll down to zdoom(hexen) then chose add resource and find your hexen iwad. It should work fine from there. I'm using DB2 so some menus might be worded differently but they should be very similar.

The iwad is not dependent on the format.

Use Doom(2).wad for Doom in Doom format, Doom in Hexen format, or Doom in UDMF.

Use Heretic.wad for Heretic in Doom format, Heretic in Hexen format, or Heretic in UDMF.

Use Hexen.wad for Hexen in Hexen format or Hexen in UDMF. (No Doom format available for Hexen.)

Use Strife1.wad for Strife in Doom format, Strife in Hexen format or Strife in UDMF.

And so on.

The reason you don't see textures is that you did not set the path to the iwad for this configuration.

Aarrgh...I thought I have to use skulltag.wad for configruation files.
The linedef actions only in H? Without S(Switch), G(Gun), D(Door) etc.?
No "Door open wait close"?

But very much thanks. :D

BadCompany said:

The linedef actions only in H? Without S(Switch), G(Gun), D(Door) etc.?
No "Door open wait close"?

Triggers are a separate setting and the types are named a bit differently (the one you are asking for is called 'Raise door'.)

BadCompany said:

No. Skulltag.wad does not magically contain all the other iwads. You'd have only access to the textures and sprites from skulltag.wad, not from those from doom2.wad or whatever other iwad you use.

With DB1, you have to load it as a resource file for your map. With DB2, you can define several resource files per configuration, and you can select both .wads and .pk3s/.zips.

I understanding now...when I take "Raise door", so I have to choose activitates "player presses use" for a normal door, correctly? (For example)