Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Starke Von Oben

Creating High-res Textures for Zdoom

Am I going about this right?

Do I first create a TEXTURE lump, then double click textures on XWE and load my texture (CASTLE.png).

Then in the lump do I add the following:

texture CASTLE, 256, 256
{
XScale 0.5
YScale 0.5
}
}

I want to make the 256x256 texture fit into a 128x128 wall.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/TEXTURES

The following options are available:

* XScale <value>

Defines the amount by which to scale the width of the image. This uses an inverted scale. 2 scales the texture to 1/2 size, 4 scales to 1/4 size, etc.

* YScale <value>

Defines the amount by which to scale the height of the image. This uses an inverted scale. 2 scales the texture to 1/2 size, 4 scales to 1/4 size, etc.

Thanks Gez.

But my texture isn't showing up in Doom Builder.

Do I have to load them into the wad differently than what I normally do? I normally just double click texture in XWE and load them in, and they appear in DB.

Doom Builder 1.* does not support TEXTURES lumps. Doom Builder 2 does, but support for effects (such as blending and rotating) is very limited at the moment. Scaling should work though.

CodeImp said:

Doom Builder 1.* does not support TEXTURES lumps. Doom Builder 2 does, but support for effects (such as blending and rotating) is very limited at the moment. Scaling should work though.

Ah shit. I can't get DB2 because I'm stuck on Dial-Up, and the .net framework download never resumes it always goes back to the start. And since I'm on dial up it disconnects every two hours :(

That'll work if Microsoft's servers support download resumption - alternatively - grab a flash drive and try your local Internet cafe.