Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Arrgh! I hate those unfair ambushes! (A PSX Doom 2 gameplay story inside!)

Reevys said:

Heh, all this PSX Doom talk has inspired me to play through it again. I think I'll stick it on my PSP when I'm done with Final Fantasy IX.

Since when was it possible to play PSX Doom on a PSP?

arrrgh said:

Since the PSP has had the ability to emulate PSX games?

You mean hacking? I assume your already owned the actal PSX games before you ported them......

I do indeed already own it. I don't have anyway of playing it, however, as I traded my PS2 for said PSP a few weeks back. So I'm just gonna need to play it on PSP instead. :D

Reevys said:

I do indeed already own it. I don't have anyway of playing it, however, as I traded my PS2 for said PSP a few weeks back. So I'm just gonna need to play it on PSP instead. :D

Well i thinking about getting myself a PSP this winter, how hard is it for to play my PSX Doom games on my PSP? I wont have to change the actual hardware of the PSP do i? Because that is not allowed.

hardcore_gamer said:

I wont have to change the actual hardware of the PSP do i? Because that is not allowed.

Things like this are half a reason i visit foreign forums :D (no offence at all)

Reevys said:

Heh, all this PSX Doom talk has inspired me to play through it again. I think I'll stick it on my PSP when I'm done with Final Fantasy IX.

Good to see I'm not the only one!

hardcore_gamer said:

Well i thinking about getting myself a PSP this winter, how hard is it for to play my PSX Doom games on my PSP? I wont have to change the actual hardware of the PSP do i? Because that is not allowed.

Not hard at all, as far as I'm aware. I got my friend to hack mine for me (he's very knowledgeable about that sort of stuff), so I can't say for certain. You'd need to make sure you either got a PSP Phat (1000) or a PSP Slim & Lite (2000) though, as the new one (3000) is apparently proving much harder to crack than the others.

But PSPs can run PSX games normally anyway, as you can download them off the PSN to play on PS3 or PSP. It's just not all PSX games are on the PSN (I think there are very few, to my knowledge at least), and so the ones that aren't available need to be downloaded from the internet instead. I'm really not sure if the PSP needs to be hacked to play these PSX games, however, but I'll look into it and report back to you.

If you are getting a PSP though, I really would advise getting it hacked. It becomes so much better if you do so, as you get access to a wide range of emulators and homebrew applications, as well as the entire PSX games library. My PSP, right now, is literally eight consoles in one (PSP, PSX, Master System, Mega Drive, NES, SNES, Gameboy Colour, and Gameboy Advance).