Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starke Von Oben

Return To Wolfendoom

Hey folks,

just some screenshots of some work I've been doing this weekend. It's far from finished and needs more detail and better texturing, but you get the general idea:

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/screenshotdoom200910200.jpg/

http://img8.imageshack.us/i/screenshotdoom200910200.jpg/

As you can see I'm working on outdoor areas for the Castle. These are far from complete, and I'll be working on textures tomorrow to compliment the architecture better. I

've had an awful time with Portals this weekend, since I originally wanted to use them to create great architectural designs for these outdoor areas. Unfortunately HOM errors occur too frequently with any interconnecting window looking into the area, and that's something I'm not willing to put up with.

It's a pity really since I think portals could be an amazing feature if they weren't so limited.

You can also see in these screnshot the work I've done on my skybox, which includes actual mountains from the Bavarian Alps :D

I must say, this is looking very impressive, keep up the good work!

Starke Von Oben said:

I've had an awful time with Portals this weekend, since I originally wanted to use them to create great architectural designs for these outdoor areas. Unfortunately HOM errors occur too frequently with any interconnecting window looking into the area, and that's something I'm not willing to put up with.

It's a pity really since I think portals could be an amazing feature if they weren't so limited.

....yup.

* starts pimping eternity *

you could potentially use GZDoom's 3D floors for more interesting 3D architecture. I've gotta admit, using portals would be a lot easier than making 10 bazillion dummy sectors.

Looks amazing, really! I'm a total WW2 nut, if it weren't for Doom, I'd put Company of Heroes as my all time #1. I was actually toying around with making a straight up, non Wolf inspired WW2 combat mod for Doom, but the AI is just too dumb to be taken seriously :P

It'd be nice to see the Browning Automatic Rifle make an appearance :D *hint* *hint*

Hey there guys i'm a new addition to this project, i'm handling graphics. (weapon graphics mostly)

New screen:

I created the Luger sprites.

Messin with the engine some more, in-action shot.

Dee, did you want the Blood hands I was using instead of the Doomguy gloves? Here. I find the Doomguy gloves a little out of place. =P

WildWeasel said:

I find the Doomguy gloves a little out of place. =P

They didn't have gloves in 1940?

kristus said:

They didn't have gloves in 1940?

They might have, but I doubt that flesh-toned rubber gloves were included in the standard uniform for OSA agents. =P

black gloves would have been more appropriate but I think the blood hands will work great!

WildWeasel said:

They might have, but I doubt that flesh-toned rubber gloves were included in the standard uniform for OSA agents. =P

Rubber gloves? Doomguy is not a chemist.
For example... http://silverbrook-mn.com/Images/Elk%20Gunn.jpg

Though the Doomguy's gloves are probably supposed to be a soft fake skin kind of glove that is quite common in today's industry.

kristus said:

I'm not the one making complaints about "gloves being out of place".

That's not a question of pedantry, it's a question of aesthetics.

Small details combined form the bigger picture.

Considering that the gloves hardly even show in those two shots, I find that argument rather absurd. So, you got skin colored gloves that are out of place. And skin colored.. hands that are not? Yes I can see the aesthetic implications.

@Dee: Black gloves with black guns? Now, THAT is bad aesthetics.

kristus said:

@Dee: Black gloves with black guns? Now, THAT is bad aesthetics.

Hey hey now! Its been done... SEVERAL times. lol

Hey folks,

Sorry for not being online for a while I've just had a newborn daughter so have been taking time to adjust to a new lifestyle.

Still working on this project, bit by bit here and there. The Castle level is more or less complete, simply needs enemy placement and a few extra areas.

Will keep you all posted.

Well, congrats! Also, still looking forward to this. Keep up the good work.

The project is very much still alive and theres gonna be plenty of progress and promos for everyone to check out soon! there will be a trailer to watch soon.

Captain Toenail said:

Awesome, looks great, :)

(I hope you are going to add some supernatural occult elements?)

well of course, the first main level is following the classic escape from castle wolfenstein idea, and then you venture deeper into the labs and you confront all the occult experiments and undead. Theres a real terror element as you keep getting deeper and deeper into the game. the lab will be particularly creepy because we will be making a lot of use out of lighting effects to add a very uneasy vibe.