Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

All screenshots looking good!

Don't rush into your maps. Take your time with them.

I've decided to just make a whole new map instead of touching up an old one.

Here's a WIP screenshot:

It's not the best representation of the level... The level is shaped kind of weird and it's hard to get a good screenshot of it. It combines tech and brick textures to create kind of a strange contrast, but I like it so far. Not really going for lots of detail in this one, but more for a nice "clean and presentable" style. Plus it's really fun so far.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Here's a room I built in like an hour: http://i35.tinypic.com/a9xz0m.png

Hope it looks okay. And for the love of God, people, please tell me if my screenshots come out too dark.

Anyways, hope you all like.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Krispavera said:

Nice looking room, showoff...

:(

Seriously though, that room looks really great. And you said you couldn't use the stock textures.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Those screens look mighty interesting, Butts. The very subtle use of gore in the first shot is really cool and the lights fit in nicely. Those little recesses in the walls are awesome, too.

The second shot is a little boring but those skull panels are a real nice touch.

Keep up the awesome work, Butts.

And a little more work done:
http://img528.imageshack.us/i/doom0056.png/

And Fisk, how's this for improving the second screenshot?
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/doom0057.png/

This level is going to be somewhat sprawling, claustrophobic in areas, hopefully non-linear (I tend to make maps non-linear for the most part), and probably fairly short and of medium difficulty. I'm having a lot of fun making this map so far, using textures I don't normally use often or in a dominant theme of the map (besides brick, but I don't use this specific brick texture).

Guest DILDOMASTER666

@Butts: I am most certainly not disappointed by your new shots. Great job so far.

Thanks!!!

By the way, Paul, can I please include a lavafall texture, or is that off-limits too?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Not likely.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Boom actually does correct tutti-frutti (the kind that you get from tiling odd-height textures, at least). Your mileage will vary in ZDoom and other non-Boom-based ports, though.

Butts said:

Thanks!!!

By the way, Paul, can I please include a lavafall texture, or is that off-limits too?

Yeah include it and if you can include the WFALL texture as well.

Pcorf I emailed you my completed map. It's short and sweet... perhaps a good Map01? You be the judge I suppose.

Judging by the absolute lack of any response, I'm guessing the answer to my question is no, and am starting work on something new.

Here's a couple of more shots from my level.

"Bull-fighting" arena

Entrance to the castle.

Krispavera said:

Pcorf I emailed you my completed map. It's short and sweet... perhaps a good Map01? You be the judge I suppose.

I didn't get it at all.

I've sent you a PM with my email address. Rememeber don't send emails to pcorfiatis at our dot net dot au. Remember the at is a @ and dot is a .

So here is an example.

silly_ted at hotmail dot com

is really

silly_ted@hotmail.com

@dutch devil, those pics looks pretty. BTW, are you using small slopes in the outern terrain (that grassy-kind of patch with gray gravel pits)... the gray areas look like they're sloping. Or am I imagining things?

That's a neat theme you're going for there. But even with your efforts it seems almost impossible to make it look good though. I guess because that cement texture has too much contrast.

@aaglo No I'm not using any slopes.

@40oz The cement doesn't go well with anything I used so far. I might scrap everything and start over.