Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

Nice texture work from what I can see, though I hope the map isn't all huge open symmetrical areas like those seem to be. :)

Decent shots, but the SUPPORT3 bordering the red floor in the first shot is a bit odd-looking IMO. Maybe FIRELAV would look better? It's your choice, though.

Yeah perhaps I've been using that a little excessively struggling a little with the default textures with the theme Im going for. Still pretty tentative at the moment though, Game-play wise its a mixture, not many huge open areas. I know a great deal dislike that sort of thing!

Keeper of Jericho said:

Two more screenshots to showcase my latest progress:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Elpizo/Doom-Screenshots/screenshot3.png
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Elpizo/Doom-Screenshots/screenshot4.png

I'm quite happy with how this map is shaping up, even though progress is slow thanks to the attention of detail I need to have. I hope it all still looks acceptable.

Looking very nice - better than my maps, I'd wager.

jointritual said:

Still pretty tentative at the moment though, Game-play wise its a mixture, not many huge open areas. I know a great deal dislike that sort of thing!

I certainly hope that's not the case. Otherwise this area is going to drive people absolutely insane. :-)

Good shots, Keeper! Nitpicky detail spot: the skull-texture at the base of the pillar in the second shot gets cut in half. Other than that, quite good.

Well, I think I'll submit something, I have a lot of unfinished levels and this would be a good motivation to take one and finish it up

Question: You mean any stock doom2 monster right, not custom?

magicsofa said:

Question: You mean any stock doom2 monster right, not custom?

Yes its just stock monsters as the maps are just limit removing.
Also you can only use stock textures with the exception of the waterfall texture that Paul provided: http://www.paulcorfiatis.com/wfall.wad

Bump because of nearly a month of silence. So any progress by anyone lately if possible?

My map is nearing completion, I'd say it's 6/8 done (because there are 8 big areas, and I count my progress by how many of these I've finished). Unfortunately, area 7 is giving me problems, I can't seem to come up with a satisfying layout. No worries, though, I'll surely come up with something good.

My map's getting to be quite big, and for sure it is the largest map I've made so far, but overal I'm incredibly pleased with what I have already made, it all turned out better than I expected it to.

Unfortunately I have no screenshots to offer. I'd like the look of some areas of my map to stay a surprise until people can play it for themselves. But rest assured that it'll be done somewhere in the near future.

According to the first page 11 more maps are needs to complete. Are there 11 being worked on? I might start work on another to help get finished.

I'm working on one - I was swamped with the end of the semester schoolwork when I last posted, but now I have some free time.

I wouldn't mind taking the spot for MAP15 - I like making multiple exits :D

EDIT: Oh wait, there just going to be continuous (15-31-32-16) so nevermind lol

Hi, I'm a new mapper and I've got a map in progress (very slow progress). It's called Much Simpler, and as the name implies, it's one of those levels where you start near Mancubi. Being assigned to a project (would be my first! :p) would definitely give me some incentive to get a move on and take more time making it.

I've not been editing it much lately (which is a good thing because I'd have more textures to change), so it's not anywhere near finished. Though I see you still need quite a hand full of maps, so maybe I have time?

I'll have to first work on converting some of my current textures (taken from Plutonia) back to Doom 2 textures, most of which I've already visualized. As soon as I get that done I'll post some screens of finished areas and you can judge for yourself.

This type of map generally takes the spot of 7-9, but I see the earliest open slot is 15, unless that too is already booked. It's a castle type level so I would need a spot before the hellish maps set foot.

If it's not at all what you're looking for or not good enough in any way, no hard feelings. Take care and good luck with this.

- Al

Actually, the only spots that are taken are the special ones: Map07, Map15, Map30, Map31, and Map32. The maps currently have no set order so far as I know other than a general techbase-to-castle-to-hell sort of progression. Pcorf will probably sort that all out.Bear in mind, if you're making your map, that tag666 won't work on any slot other than Map07.

Yeah, but go for it. The more maps contributed, the better.

I`m not far away from finishing a map, and I`ll send it in to this project. Its a base/tech/something themed. A thought: since its techbase`ish, will it be among the first 11 maps? Because its very hard and will contain approx. 400 monsters I guess, maybe more.

Myself and another user on this board are creating a map together and it is in the hell/gothic theme and I wonder if there are any slots for that 'episode' of Doom2 left?

But as planned, it will be a standalone level to be placed on /idgames like all of my maps/collaborations go.

Mmm, now that I've finished school I should have time to submit another map, but I've got Hpack stuff and a weapon mod on the go too so don't expect it soon.

I hope my map is not too similar to Philnemba's Simply Familiar. I'll get some screens up later today or tomorrow. Been having problems with copy/pasting some detailed structures, so now I've gotta' do it all by hand. >:(

DooMGo2It said:

I hope my map is not too similar to Philnemba's Simply Familiar. I'll get some screens up later today or tomorrow. Been having problems with copy/pasting some detailed structures, so now I've gotta' do it all by hand. >:(

Okay, that sounds fine. Looking forward to some shots.

DooMGo2It said:

I hope my map is not too similar to Philnemba's Simply Familiar. I'll get some screens up later today or tomorrow.

I'm actually curious to see some screenshots from ya. Also my "Simply Familiar" map is more or less a remake of Dead Simple but larger and different.

I have 4 "sector not closed" errors on my map, but they dosen't affect the gameplay at all. Do i still have to fix them and do a shitload of work all over again or they can stay?

My map is also still in progress just the last section and playtesting remaining. Hopefully it will be complete sooner rather than later :/

DooMGo2It said:

Here are a few shots. I hope you like 'em! :)

Pics look good DooMGo2It, especially the 3rd one.