Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

DeathevokatioN said:

Thanks for the feedback, it's great recieving compliments from two of my favorite mappers of all time! Just need to make the gameplay awesome now. :)

Hopefully I'll finish by the deadline. Probably will be finished though.

I'm aiming to portray a futuristic military base that's slowly being transformed by the demon's presence so there'll be some more abstract scenes and stuff happening, and there might be a few sudden changes to the landscape as you go along, but we'll see if I can finish this on time. ;)

I'm looking forward to the map.

I don't expect to have 32 maps for at least a few months.

Hey pcorf, if you and jimmy (and/or more) get enough music made, feel free to change the music in my map if you want to. Really not that sure if the track I put in fits the map at all.

Also, you are going to arrange the maps by theme no matter what? My map is pretty damn difficult on UV, but its a techbase-map, so its going in the first episode then? What I mean is: its no doubt an episode 3 map difficulty-wise (on UV at least). Just curious!

darkreaver said:

Hey pcorf, if you and jimmy (and/or more) get enough music made, feel free to change the music in my map if you want to. Really not that sure if the track I put in fits the map at all.

Also, you are going to arrange the maps by theme no matter what? My map is pretty damn difficult on UV, but its a techbase-map, so its going in the first episode then? What I mean is: its no doubt an episode 3 map difficulty-wise (on UV at least). Just curious!

Might put your map in the 1st or 2nd episode. We'll see. E1 and E2 will be techbase and earth themed before moving on to hellish theme later on.

I reckon I will keep some of the music provided with the maps (like in MAP32 for example) submitted. But not in all maps because I thought the music was not good and didn't suit the theme. The music in Chris Hansen's map caused a tooth ache and never even suited that map. So yeah submit your map without music if you want to.

cool story bro, i was in holiday on Sicily the last week, but sometimes i checking out the net on my favorite game forum! 29 maps are finished and submitted, and more from you guys are coming out... and talking about my maps, for me is ok if you change "at hell's gate" location, actually is just a filling slot, over to be a already uploaded map... look, i'm curious about the music for "4chan servers", what a kind of weird meme mixtures will come out? Rick Astley vs. at doom's gate? ^0^

Hey imp lord2, if you want know how making a lava textures using the original doom2 stuff, you can do in this way: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24414908/lavademo.wad (this map is not releated to the project, but if you want to use it, i don't stop you man), or if you're too lazy or you need to fill a huge room use bfall1 (i made in that on map31...) or whatever else do you like, just keep in mind it could fix whit lava floors...

All right that's all for now bye.

I see this project is coming along nicely. I haven't really had much time at all to get into my map lately between totaling my truck, my grandfather passing away and all of life's other little problems.

Anyways I'm finally back into it so I should be finishing my map soon.

Good to see your still making a map for this DooMGo2It, I'm looking forward to seeing it, if you want personal feedback, send me a beta version... I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, mate.

"The Express Elevator To Hell II" is nearing completion. Just need to complete 1 more floor and then create the last one, for which I have a special idea in mind. Map should be done, if all goes well, before the end of the week.

I won't be able to finish my second map I had going for this project because of real life issues that are keeping me busy lately. So I have to cancel it, sorry.

Just got another map named Realm of Chaos, a nice city style map. Now 30 maps have been submitted.

UPDATE 27 SEP 2010

MAPS RECEIVED (30)

The Deceived by Philnemba
Granite Base by Captain Toenail
Roundabout by Krispavera
Sacrificial Castle by aaglo
Entryway on Earth by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Untitled (pmap4_d2.wad) by Pablo Dictter
Loathsome Library by Captain Toenail
Buried Eons by jerrysheppy
Liquid Facility by Philnemba
Shipwreck by aaglo
At Hell's Gate X by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
4chan servers by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Simply Familiar by Philnemba (MAP07)
Morgue Theft by ArmouredBlood (MAP32)
Malle Brok by Cris Hansen
Piss Factory by Chris 'purist' Bourke
Substation by Dutch Devil
NIGHT OF FAIL by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri (MAP31)
Malebolge by Snakes
Demonic Caprice by jerrysheppy
High Time for Death by Malinku
Seven Dead Disciples by Keeper of Jericho
A Vile Piece by darkreaver
Lockdown by Phobus
Iron Mike by Snakes
Nukem by Captain Toenail
untitled (name to be specified) by Pcorf (MAP15)
Unforgiven by Valkiriforce (MAP30)
Escape from Spirit World by Snakes and Captain Toenail
Realm of Chaos by Valkiriforce

SPECIAL SLOTS

MAP07: Phinemba
MAP15: Pcorf
MAP30: Valkiriforce
MAP31: Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
MAP32: ArmouredBlood

dutch devil said:

I won't be able to finish my second map I had going for this project because of real life issues that are keeping me busy lately. So I have to cancel it, sorry.

That's okay. Maybe you can finish it off later and release it separately. Real life issues have also kept me busy so I'm unsure if I will make another map for a while.

DeathevokatioN said:

Here's one of my outdoor areas from a different angle. I'll probably get rid of the tree area and replace it with something else.

Looks very nice!

DeathevokatioN said:

Sorry for the double post, but damn! Those shots are looking good, Valkiri! Something about the architecture reminds me of Momento Mori. Keep it up! :)

Many thanks. :) I tend to lean toward the old-school style since that seems to be my forte. I'm also really liking your shots so far, DeathevokatioN. And for everyone else contributing, I'm looking forward to the release of this megawad. Keep up the good work.

"The Express Elevator To Hell II" is finished. Layout is complete, monsters complete, traps complete, secrets complete. I'm suprised how big the map actually turned out to be. I went all out with this map, just like I did with "Seven Dead Disciples", pouring in all my experience I have with mapping to make something good. I hope I succeeded. It takes averagely 30 minutes in god mode to run through this one while killing all monsters and finding all secrets.

Speaking of secrets, the map has 17 of them. Finding those, especially the ultimate one, is probably gonna be a challenge. Difficulty on Ultra Violence is ultra violent, but not Hell Revealed difficult, I think.

I'm going to run through the map one final time in the morning, playing it myself with no cheats at all, just play it like I usually play maps, as a final test run, and if I find no bugs, glitches or too difficult parts, I'll send it to Pcorf tomorrow for judgement.

Worked all day on finishing it, it's 1:13 past midnight, I need to catch up on my sleep. ;)

Keeper of Jericho said:

"The Express Elevator To Hell II" is finished. Layout is complete, monsters complete, traps complete, secrets complete. I'm suprised how big the map actually turned out to be. I went all out with this map, just like I did with "Seven Dead Disciples", pouring in all my experience I have with mapping to make something good. I hope I succeeded. It takes averagely 30 minutes in god mode to run through this one while killing all monsters and finding all secrets.

Speaking of secrets, the map has 17 of them. Finding those, especially the ultimate one, is probably gonna be a challenge. Difficulty on Ultra Violence is ultra violent, but not Hell Revealed difficult, I think.

I'm going to run through the map one final time in the morning, playing it myself with no cheats at all, just play it like I usually play maps, as a final test run, and if I find no bugs, glitches or too difficult parts, I'll send it to Pcorf tomorrow for judgement.

Worked all day on finishing it, it's 1:13 past midnight, I need to catch up on my sleep. ;)

Sounds great. Looking forward to it.

Captain Toenail said:

Yo Pcorf, I sent you an updated version of my map last week, just wondering if you recieved it because you never replied.

Yeah I got it and removed the old version.

Been working on more music for the project as well. Mainly rock themed but its time to write some more orchestral/organ themed stuff.

Keeper of Jericho said:

After an entire afternoon of finetuning and playtesting, I've sent "The Express Elevator To Hell II" to Pcorf. I think that brings the number of completed maps to 31. =)

Got it!

UPDATE 5 OCT 2010

MAPS RECEIVED (31)

The Deceived by Philnemba
Granite Base by Captain Toenail
Roundabout by Krispavera
Sacrificial Castle by aaglo
Entryway on Earth by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Untitled (pmap4_d2.wad) by Pablo Dictter
Loathsome Library by Captain Toenail
Buried Eons by jerrysheppy
Liquid Facility by Philnemba
Shipwreck by aaglo
At Hell's Gate X by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
4chan servers by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Simply Familiar by Philnemba (MAP07)
Morgue Theft by ArmouredBlood (MAP32)
Malle Brok by Cris Hansen
Piss Factory by Chris 'purist' Bourke
Substation by Dutch Devil
NIGHT OF FAIL by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri (MAP31)
Malebolge by Snakes
Demonic Caprice by jerrysheppy
High Time for Death by Malinku
Seven Dead Disciples by Keeper of Jericho
A Vile Piece by darkreaver
Lockdown by Phobus
Iron Mike by Snakes
Nukem by Captain Toenail
untitled (name to be specified) by Pcorf (MAP15)
Unforgiven by Valkiriforce (MAP30)
Escape from Spirit World by Snakes and Captain Toenail
Realm of Chaos by Valkiriforce
The Express Elevator To Hell 2 by Keeper of Jericho

SPECIAL SLOTS

MAP07: Phinemba
MAP15: Pcorf
MAP30: Valkiriforce
MAP31: Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
MAP32: ArmouredBlood

dutch devil said:

Holy shit, I never thought this project would reach 32 maps. Only one map to go :)

Getting there. I'm not going to cut this project until I get around 35 maps or so.

dutch devil said:

35 maps is even better, but I would be more than happy with 32 maps.

3 maps are going to miss out. But they could go potentially get detailed up for cchest4.wad.

stewboy said:

Any maps still requiring music? :)

I'll sorting out the music anyway and will choose the song according to theme. If you write music you are welcome to make some midis.

I'm working on another map for the moment, named "Walls of Jericho". If there haven't been 35 maps submitted yet by the time it's finished, and if Pcorf's fine with it, I'll submit it to this project. That is, if it's okay for me to make a third map. If not, no problem, I can still use it for my own. I have some screenshots of it. I'm using TNT to testplay, since its hellish sky is closer to this project's than Doom II's hellish sky is.

It's a concept map, like my other two maps I've contributed. I was inspired by this (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_edN9RpwGJwc/S7Yx82bPH3I/AAAAAAAAACU/46btvEO3x0k/s1600/helloween_-_walls_of_jericho_a.jpeg) picture, and now am trying to pour the idea of it into a Doom map. Basically, it's delivering battle against the demons atop a long wall. Think the Chinese Wall poured into Doom and demon-infested. ;)

Let me know if you're okay with another map from me, Pcorf.

Cool map, dude. I am a helloween "fan" too, and i really want to see the finished product. However, Paul, what do you think about a beta when we reach the 32 levels? Or, if this is a bad idea, keep it until we've got all 35...