Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

Great Metallica remix on MAP30! But how do you kill the final boss? What exactly those two switches do?

Decided to check out the final version and found a very serious closed sector error in map38(node builder error?). Paul needs to fix this since this error was not in the first 2 versions of the megawad.

It seems that the final version of my map34 with the architecture fixes to the starting area and extra monsters didn't make it into the final version of the wad? :/ It's okay though, I'll expand the map a bit and release it separately with a levelset I have planned.

Memfis said:

Great Metallica remix on MAP30! But how do you kill the final boss? What exactly those two switches do?

You can either destroy the Cyberdemon and raise the platform to your liking so you can annihilate the Icon of Sin, or raise the platform, find the secret entrance and make the Cyberdemon do it for you. :)

Just found it in the archives...

Couple comments from the first run :

MAP11 was superb, finished it on UV on the first try, very well balanced, every medpack was used to complete it and I reached the exit with 20ish health with a couple times dropped under 10. 22 minutes to complete it. Found secrets on first sight.

MAP16 was fine, but I managed to find a secret that revealed to be a big shortcut so I could finish the map skipping most of it (80 monsters killed out of 200ish). Oh right, I must be *that* clever.

Next time I'm gonna make some First Run demos... Only problem is that I'm using (G)ZDoom and I can't play without mouselook. Also playing with autoaim (which sometimes can be annoying and does not work 100% against hitscan critters), without any crosshair cause it looks weird... Well that's how I used to play any FPS !

Naan said:

MAP16 was fine, but I managed to find a secret that revealed to be a big shortcut so I could finish the map skipping most of it (80 monsters killed out of 200ish). Oh right, I must be *that* clever.

was that after finding the plasma gun? because i think that's a neat way to skip ahead. [after teleporting, instead of dropping down to the nuke pool, run and stick to the right wall and you'll skip pretty much everything] :)

It's even before that...

Spoiler

... in the berserk pack secret guarded by 2 cacodemons, the lift also momentarily lower a switch barrier allowing access to a switch that makes stairs to some tunnels in the way to the last outside area of the level. Had to fight some revenants, hell knights and a baron and other stuff only with the regular shotgun and machinegun, but hey it's perfectly doable. I didn't even know about a teleporter and a plasma gun !

Gonna try it on UV Max next time :)

Naan said:

It's even before that...

Spoiler

... in the berserk pack secret guarded by 2 cacodemons, the lift also momentarily lower a switch barrier allowing access to a switch that makes stairs to some tunnels in the way to the last outside area of the level. Had to fight some revenants, hell knights and a baron and other stuff only with the regular shotgun and machinegun, but hey it's perfectly doable. I didn't even know about a teleporter and a plasma gun !

Gonna try it on UV Max next time :)

oh man, i forgot about that :D

in the original version, that was the way to access the plasma gun secret, using this not only made the area on the left accessible, but it also lowered the monster closet on the right [it used to have cacos instead of shotgun dudes, and it was positioned so the cacos would see the player].

also, that closet room with the shotgun dudes, it would expand into a corridor leading into the blood pool with the chain gun at the beginning.

the area of the plasma gun secret was also suppose to be much bigger, and it would lead into a mini ep1 area that i dont think had any point, other than just being there for no reason. i deleted everything but what used to be the main room and threw a smiley face. i think there is a switch that makes the lights blink too :)