Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

In all honesty, the only connection to WOS this wad would have is that Paul is its leader, and I don't see the need to relate the two. Ultimately, that's Paul's decision, I suppose.

Just to throw a title out there:

Abyssus Gelamen (latin for Hell's Assembly)

You know... because the community gathered to make a Doom wad. Just an idea.

How about we call it "Knee Deep in Pcorf"? Heheh, kidding. I like the name that Snakes put forth. Maybe we can call it "Gospel of the Horns" or "Black Witchery"?

Captain Toenail said:

Not sure about the 'make it latin to sound cool' approach either TBH, although it could work.

Actually it was a semi-tongue in cheek suggestion as I was thinking of referencing Memento Mori when I looked it up... Another project that's connected by round-about reasoning (both community).

Now I vote we just piss everyone off and call it Memento Mori 3!

Captain Toenail said:

Whispers from a Distance sounds like a romantic love story IMO :p

Dude, I totally didn't realize that until later. Now I know how crappy it sounds.

If it were called Memento Mori 3, not only would we need to be more strict about the mapping, but that would make me feel like making a ton more maps for it (of course I know that's not happening).

Anyway, some other title ideas:

Odyssey Of Darkness
Soldier's Sacrifice
Soldier's Crusade
Soldier's Redemption
The Fatal Crusade
Drown In Hell
Hell's Anarchy
Echoes From The Abyss
Tales From The Abusso (or Tales From The Abyss)

valkiriforce said:

So if I recall correctly there was a discussion earlier in this thread about what this project should be called. This just came to me recently out of nowhere, I was thinking what if it was called Whispers From A Distance? "Whispers" could refer to Paul as in his previous megawad project "Whispers of Satan" while "From A Distance" could refer to us, the community, now taking part in his new project. Just a thought, anyway.

I've come up with: DOOM II: UNLEASHED - PCORF COMMUNITY PROJECT

Worked on an E1 sky today. Will post some shots of each sky tomorrow.

DeathevokatioN said:

Sounds cool Pcorf! What colour is that sky going to be btw? When you've done it can I get it from you for some inspiration.

Its hard to explain. Sepia coloured E1 Doom 1 sky with the Doom 2 MAP01-MAP11 clouds.

E2 is grey clouds.

E3 is a red hilly sky.

Having trouble with putting that Duke Nukem midi "Future Military Conquests" in, some of the sounds keep cutting out. Does anyone else have this problem getting this particular midi to work in DooM?

Working on a new level called, "Realm Of Chaos." Not sure what song I'm going to use for it. It's a bit inspired from, "Industrial Zone" and "Trapped On Titan".

Need to finalize the balance and then adjust for skills, but this is nearly done. I'll send it either tonight or tomorrow. Fun making a spirit-word style map.

EDIT: Okay, so I wound up balancing tonight and sent it. Yee-ha.

Just got another map named Escape from Spirit World, excellent work again. Now 29 maps have been submitted.

MAP32: Morgue Theft. I fixed a BSP related bug in the far eastern room with the star teleporter which caused a horrible effect on the floor, like a huge slime trail. That was fixed by reshaping the star slightly and rebuilding the BSP. Gameplay was left untouched.

Once all maps are here I will sort the maps out by theme, play test them and do some slight enhancements to some like align textures and then compile them into the main WAD.

UPDATE 24 SEP 2010

MAPS RECEIVED (29)

The Deceived by Philnemba
Granite Base by Captain Toenail
Roundabout by Krispavera
Sacrificial Castle by aaglo
Entryway on Earth by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Untitled (pmap4_d2.wad) by Pablo Dictter
Loathsome Library by Captain Toenail
Buried Eons by jerrysheppy
Liquid Facility by Philnemba
Shipwreck by aaglo
At Hell's Gate X by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
4chan servers by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Simply Familiar by Philnemba (MAP07)
Morgue Theft by ArmouredBlood (MAP32)
Malle Brok by Cris Hansen
Piss Factory by Chris 'purist' Bourke
Substation by Dutch Devil
NIGHT OF FAIL by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri (MAP31)
Malebolge by Snakes
Demonic Caprice by jerrysheppy
High Time for Death by Malinku
Seven Dead Disciples by Keeper of Jericho
A Vile Piece by darkreaver
Lockdown by Phobus
Iron Mike by Snakes
Nukem by Captain Toenail
untitled (name to be specified) by Pcorf (MAP15)
Unforgiven by Valkiriforce (MAP30)
Escape from Spirit World by Snakes and Captain Toenail

SPECIAL SLOTS

MAP07: Phinemba
MAP15: Pcorf
MAP30: Valkiriforce
MAP31: Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
MAP32: ArmouredBlood

DeathevokatioN said:

Having trouble with putting that Duke Nukem midi "Future Military Conquests" in, some of the sounds keep cutting out. Does anyone else have this problem getting this particular midi to work in DooM?

Best to not use the MIDI at all. Me and Jimmy91 are writing new music for the project.

valkiriforce said:

Working on a new level called, "Realm Of Chaos." Not sure what song I'm going to use for it. It's a bit inspired from, "Industrial Zone" and "Trapped On Titan".

Sounds great. Looking forward to it when finished.

I'm going to have to hurry if I want to have a spot in the non-secret 32 maps. =p Anyway, TEETH2 is still coming along quite well, and I hope to finish it before long. I especially like floor 5, I really managed to get the feeling of interconnected floors that I wanted right on that one. Here's how the layout is looking so far:

Captain Toenail said:

The grey one doesn't look too great, especially with that mirror fold in the middle.

Agreed, needs more work.

valkiriforce said:

A couple shots of my progress. I've always preferred the old-school feel of Doom levels.

Screenies...

Looking good. I like the classic feel also.

Wish I could pull it off better than I do. Nice. :)

Nice shots.

Yeah, take your time on it. As I said once I receive 32 maps all unfinished maps will also be accepted once they are completed of course.

ANNOUNCMENT

Once I receive 32 maps a 2 month deadline will be set for additional levels to be completed. So if I end up receiving 35 or 36 maps that is bloody excellent. It could be 33 maps, it could be 38 .... it all depends. If a map is 95% done at the end of the deadline you will need to hurry up. I will then need a few weeks to sort out the maps by theme and difficulty and playtest them and from then their slots will be decided upon. I want to start off with base like maps and gradually move into the hellish department although difficulty may be a bit inconsistent mainly due to the fact it will be divided up into 3 episodes. Mainly rock/techno music will be present in the earlier maps and the music will get more orchestral or dramatic towards the end. Me and Jimmy91 are working on the music and it will be nice if others can also contribute some music if they have the skills. There is also a new song by Pablo Dictter as well.

The 32 best maps from my point of view will be the main levels with the less quality maps making up 33 and onwards.

New music is in the works and the music will be chosen by me according to the theme. It will be in MIDI format and not converted to MUS.

Thanks for the feedback, it's great recieving compliments from two of my favorite mappers of all time! Just need to make the gameplay awesome now. :)

Hopefully I'll finish by the deadline. Probably will be finished though.

I'm aiming to portray a futuristic military base that's slowly being transformed by the demon's presence so there'll be some more abstract scenes and stuff happening, and there might be a few sudden changes to the landscape as you go along, but we'll see if I can finish this on time. ;)