Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

Actually a 32-map beta for playtesting isn't a bad idea, IMO. It would give a good consensus about what maps could be kept and discarded as the last 3 come in, if that were needed.

Keeper of Jericho said:

I'm working on another map for the moment, named "Walls of Jericho". If there haven't been 35 maps submitted yet by the time it's finished, and if Pcorf's fine with it, I'll submit it to this project. That is, if it's okay for me to make a third map. If not, no problem, I can still use it for my own. I have some screenshots of it. I'm using TNT to testplay, since its hellish sky is closer to this project's than Doom II's hellish sky is.

Let me know if you're okay with another map from me, Pcorf.

Interesting concept, but I'd suggest bordering the center piece in the second shot with MARBLE1... those skulls just look awkward when they're half-sunk in the floor like that.

Keeper of Jericho said:

I'm working on another map for the moment, named "Walls of Jericho". If there haven't been 35 maps submitted yet by the time it's finished, and if Pcorf's fine with it, I'll submit it to this project. That is, if it's okay for me to make a third map. If not, no problem, I can still use it for my own. I have some screenshots of it. I'm using TNT to testplay, since its hellish sky is closer to this project's than Doom II's hellish sky is.

It's a concept map, like my other two maps I've contributed. I was inspired by this picture, and now am trying to pour the idea of it into a Doom map. Basically, it's delivering battle against the demons atop a long wall. Think the Chinese Wall poured into Doom and demon-infested. ;)

Let me know if you're okay with another map from me, Pcorf.

Looks interesting. Looking forward to getting it. It may make me now reconsider using TNT's red sky for E3 because that sky loops vertically.

Well I'm seperated from my home computer right now, but in a few weeks as soon as I've gotten it back I'll be able to submit that map I talked about, that is influenced by the Map01's of MM, MM2 and Requiem.

magicsofa said:

Are you still working on this map magicsofa? It looks really nice and unique from that screenshot I see there, would be a pitty if you didn't finish it.

I had forgotten to mention that change I made on my MAP30 contribution (moving that last circular area 90 degrees because I forgot the Icon of Sin explosion always occurs south of it) I somehow missed on the marble flat misalignment (DEM1_1-4). So I was hoping you wouldn't mind my sending the map to you again? Or by simply flipping the sectors over so the flats are aligned correctly, either way works fine.

valkiriforce said:

I had forgotten to mention that change I made on my MAP30 contribution (moving that last circular area 90 degrees because I forgot the Icon of Sin explosion always occurs south of it) I somehow missed on the marble flat misalignment (DEM1_1-4). So I was hoping you wouldn't mind my sending the map to you again? Or by simply flipping the sectors over so the flats are aligned correctly, either way works fine.

I fixed the DEM1_x by rotating it. So no need to resubmit the map.

Snarboo said:

Are there any free slots left? I think I'd like to make a map for this project. :)

You can make a map for this project no problem.

DeathevokatioN said:

Are you still working on this map magicsofa? It looks really nice and unique from that screenshot I see there, would be a pitty if you didn't finish it.

Yes I am! I was meaning to update but anyway, when I saw it was approaching 32 maps I regained motivation :P

I'm basically in play-testing mode right now

A REMINDER

WHEN YOU SUBMIT A MAP DO NOT SEND ME A PM WITH A LINK TO THE LEVEL. MOST WEBSITES ARE DODGEY AND ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO DOWNLOAD FROM THESE DODGEY WEBSITES. IT IS BEST TO EMAIL THE LEVEL TO ME IN A .ZIP FILE THAT CONTAINS THE .WAD AND .TXT FILE.

Goto http://www.paulcorfiatis.com/contact.html and you'll find my email address.

hehe...I don't know who in their right mind would send a download link for a dodgy website >.>

submitted my map the right way now...

Is anyone making new level titles? I might be up for it, as well as writing some midis

magicsofa said:

hehe...I don't know who in their right mind would send a download link for a dodgy website >.>

submitted my map the right way now...

Is anyone making new level titles? I might be up for it, as well as writing some midis

I will make the level titles. Feel free to write some MIDI's.

Also I got your map, thanks alot. Will play it tomorrow after skoolz.

UPDATE 19 OCT 2010

MAPS RECEIVED (32)

The Deceived by Philnemba
Granite Base by Captain Toenail
Roundabout by Krispavera
Sacrificial Castle by aaglo
Entryway on Earth by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Untitled (pmap4_d2.wad) by Pablo Dictter
Loathsome Library by Captain Toenail
Buried Eons by jerrysheppy
Liquid Facility by Philnemba
Shipwreck by aaglo
At Hell's Gate X by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
4chan servers by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Simply Familiar by Philnemba (MAP07)
Morgue Theft by ArmouredBlood (MAP32)
Malle Brok by Cris Hansen
Piss Factory by Chris 'purist' Bourke
Substation by Dutch Devil
NIGHT OF FAIL by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri (MAP31)
Malebolge by Snakes
Demonic Caprice by jerrysheppy
High Time for Death by Malinku
Seven Dead Disciples by Keeper of Jericho
A Vile Piece by darkreaver
Lockdown by Phobus
Iron Mike by Snakes
Nukem by Captain Toenail
untitled (name to be specified) by Pcorf (MAP15)
Unforgiven by Valkiriforce (MAP30)
Escape from Spirit World by Snakes and Captain Toenail
Realm of Chaos by Valkiriforce
The Express Elevator To Hell 2 by Keeper of Jericho
Rift Quandry by Magicsofa

SPECIAL SLOTS

MAP07: Phinemba
MAP15: Pcorf
MAP30: Valkiriforce
MAP31: Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
MAP32: ArmouredBlood

pcorf said:

UPDATE 19 OCT 2010

MAPS RECEIVED (32)

Sweet! Took us long enough to reach 32 maps :)

so what is the deal with playtesting...I figure we might as well get on it before the final submissions, to give plenty of time.

I hope it's not too late for me to make a request on the track of my city level, "Realm Of Chaos" (To whoever may do the music). Could you do something guitar-oriented? As I was making that level I really had that sort of music stuck in my head, and I feel it would be fitting for the level. It could be something like MAP22 of Memento Mori 2 or MAP26 of Eternal Doom. I hope that's not asking too much.

Snarboo said:

Looks like I'll have to make a map for the second PCorf community project. :)

Pcorf is holding it until he recieves 35 maps.. so you can still make your map for it.

DeathevokatioN said:

Pcorf is holding it until he recieves 35 maps.. so you can still make your map for it.

Correct.

People who have uncompleted levels PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP.

I will accept all maps that are yet to be completed.

Hmm, just noticed that a barrel crusher trap at the end of Nukem doesn't work in Eternity, but does in ZDoom. I have a chain reaction of barrel explosions that are triggered by one barrel being exploded by a crusher, any reason why this isn't working? Is there some obscure vanilla thing I've missed here or something?

Paul, I have a question:

Previously I started my megaWAD called Evil Reality, but I don't finished yet and since I started another project. I one completed level in the WAD. A not detailed, although a playable, little, easy map. May I send for the project this map?

I don't want to continue this megaWAD in the future, so the other ideas are dead.

Snarboo said:

Looks like I'll have to make a map for the second PCorf community project. :)

If there is a sequel, I'm working on an Icon of Sin level that should be good for that. (I doubt two Icon of Sin stages would be good for one mod)

Captain Toenail said:

Hmm, just noticed that a barrel crusher trap at the end of Nukem doesn't work in Eternity, but does in ZDoom. I have a chain reaction of barrel explosions that are triggered by one barrel being exploded by a crusher, any reason why this isn't working? Is there some obscure vanilla thing I've missed here or something?

Leave it as it is. Its a problem with Eternity and I never use Eternity.

pcorf said:

Leave it as it is. Its a problem with Eternity and I never use Eternity.

Does it work in PrBoom or PrBoom-Plus? MBF? SMMU? Boom itself? This sort of thing differs much more often in ZDoom from Boom ports than it does among different Boom ports; unless Captain Toenail has discovered an esoteric bug in EE (in which case please report it to Quasar!), chances are this is a ZDoomism that'll break the map in a lot of other ports, as well.

Not sure if it is the same thing capt toenail, but to get a barrel chain happening I had to both crush with a floor raise and a ceiling lower to get the chain to occur between prboom+ and gzdoom.

The map in question is the tune-up of 'execute' for the 1994 project --> http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=904558#post904558

EDIT: Looking at my map again what I found was that the ceiling crush in prboom would not start a chain. A floor raise with crush would, however the flip-side is that gzdoom would not crush the barrels using the floor raise w/crush (it would get stopped by the barrel height. So I have the floor raise w/ crush go first and then the ceiling crush to make sure of it.

Travers

Update on the progress of my "Walls of Jericho" map: it's coming along, a bit slower than my maps SDD or TEETH2 for this project, bbut it shouldn't take too much time to finish. I'm certain I can do it before the last maps are rounded up (if Pcorf keeps to his earlier statement of waiting 2 months for unfinished maps to be finished once 32 maps have been received). My biggest problem with this map is that I know what I want concept-wise, difficulty-wise and game-play wise, but I'm still undecided length-wise. I can't seem to decide how long and big I want this map to be. My previous two maps were long ones, so should this one be too, or should it be different? Can't seem to decide. Oh well, I'll manage, somehow.

Here's a screenshot showing how the Walls of Jericho look so far:

I tried testing it with Legacy and PRBoom but I simply can't get these ports to work. I'm guessing it's an Eternity problem because I've managed to get this kind of thing to work with Doom95 in the past.

Also cool wall, but the multicoloured torches looks a bit cheesy :P

Captain Toenail said:

I tried testing it with Legacy and PRBoom but I simply can't get these ports to work. I'm guessing it's an Eternity problem because I've managed to get this kind of thing to work with Doom95 in the past.

Also cool wall, but the multicoloured torches looks a bit cheesy :P

Chances are you're running into http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Barrel#Demo this Doom glitch.