Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

Philnemba said:

Well after 3 weeks of starting my 3rd map(truthfully I could have finish this earlier before Thanksgiving but I had plans during that time) its finish and I just emailed Pcorf the map.

edit: Well it would dumb for me not to post any pics -_-;

Looks good. I will download and play the map when I get home on Friday.

I have received Simply Familiar (MAP07) by Philnemba bringing the total number of maps submitted to 13.

Perhaps an aim for 20 + 2 secret levels would be a realistic goal.

Hi! I just read most of this forum, and was wondering if I could join in.

One quick question though about the secret maps : Are they allowed to be Slaughter maps?

TendaMonsta said:

Hi! I just read most of this forum, and was wondering if I could join in.

One quick question though about the secret maps : Are they allowed to be Slaughter maps?

Yes they are. Even though I don't prefer creating HR style maps myself. You can do whatever you want. So yeah, go ahead and make a HR style map.

13 maps done for this already? Impressive turnout. Looking forward to playing the complete package at the end of the year. :>

I may make map30 after I wrap this one up. I had an inspiration the other day.

Talvi said:

Hope there are at least 20 maps, mine won't work without a hellish sky.

Well Paul might just simply replace the 2nd sky with a hell sky if that happens.

Philnemba said:

Well Paul might just simply replace the 2nd sky with a hell sky if that happens.

We'll see that happens. I will probably make the skies from scratch. The sky used in WOS MAP07-11 was an original sky made by me.

Hey, there's roughly 20 days to go till the deadline, just wondering what the progress is with this project - anyone still working on maps? Has a rough map-order been decided yet? Are new Titlepic/Interpic and Intermission music needed?

Got a bit of a roadblock on the part of the map I'm working on ... I've got it basically envisioned but I'm not sure on how to translate it to the map yet -.- After that just one more section and the exit, and I'll be done.

Captain Toenail said:

Hey, there's roughly 20 days to go till the deadline, just wondering what the progress is with this project - anyone still working on maps? Has a rough map-order been decided yet? Are new Titlepic/Interpic and Intermission music needed?

Well I may push the deadline to the end of February or until I receive 22 maps (20 + 2 secret), to be honest I'm pretty easy going with this project. I will sort out the titlepic/interpic and intermission music later on. What I'll do is play each map from a pistol start and write down a report of each level. The further you progress the harder it becomes.

There is also a chance I'll write some new music for this project too.

About done with the layout, just need to tweak the monster count in some areas and generally test everything. I think I went a bit overboard in the end, I haven't even tested it yet. I'll post some screens when done.

ArmouredBlood said:

About done with the layout, just need to tweak the monster count in some areas and generally test everything. I think I went a bit overboard in the end, I haven't even tested it yet. I'll post some screens when done.

I've received the map. Thanks. It will probably become MAP32.

I can no longer be apart of this because something came up and I won't be active on the computer for about 2-3 months.

I'm really sorry, but its my fault. (should've kept my grades up).

Quick, send your map before its too late, we can still salvage it!

Oh noo, I forgot about this till today, hopefully I'll have something decent by the deadline, should have a fair bit of spare time in the coming weeks.

I've pushed the deadline further ahead. The aim is to get 20 levels plus 2 secret levels. Haven't heard from Dutch Devil for a while which is interesting.

No progress on any of my doom maps including the one I am doing for this project. Not sure when you are planning on releasing this, but my map is still far from finished. I'm not sure if I can complete it anytime soon.

My interest in mapping has hit an low point lately.

dutch devil said:

No progress on any of my doom maps including the one I am doing for this project. Not sure when you are planning on releasing this, but my map is still far from finished. I'm not sure if I can complete it anytime soon.

My interest in mapping has hit an low point lately.

I know exactly how it feels when you have no ideas. Its a very, very frustrating feeling. You don't have to do anything for this project if you don't want to.

I'm really glad I got something out for this because I can't think of any new maps for the life of me right now. How does one deal with mapper's block?

Hi Paul,

I noticed that I had a small, uncompleted level stored in a dusty corner of my harddrive. I took it out and finished it and will send it to you. Feel free to use it for this project if you like :)

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Hansen said:

Hi Paul,

I noticed that I had a small, uncompleted level stored in a dusty corner of my harddrive. I took it out and finished it and will send it to you. Feel free to use it for this project if you like :)

Best regards,
Chris

Yay! - Welcome back Chris!

Feel free to send it anytime. That will bring the project up to 15 levels complete.

Chris Hansen said:

Cheers mate :)

It should be in your mail now.

Yep. Thanks for that. A neat little level.

pcorf said:

I know exactly how it feels when you have no ideas. Its a very, very frustrating feeling. You don't have to do anything for this project if you don't want to.

Its not ideas I have an lack off, its motivation I don't have right now.

what the hell happened to the map30 i was working on?

I am interested in working for this and I may use an idea for one map I was planning to make about 2.5 years ago. I shall begin working on it tomorrow.
The map name will be "Nukage Processing Base".