Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zoost

When it's done! ;-)

http://www.nzgames.com/dc/

chiQ - DOOM is the current id child as everyone well knows. Anyone who knows anything about is also knows that you guys don't give out release dates. I have to ask though, do you have any kind of ETA on the new DOOM, be it every so tentative or broad?

Todd - When it's done! ;-)

chiQ - You know I almost filled that answer in myself without asking you, but it simply had to be asked for form's sake :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chiQ - The id tenet has always been 'community or bust', and you've got communities based around modifications, 3rd party game art, addons, etc. The id guys, not the least you, have always kept a finger on the pulse of those communities where time allows. Will this continue with DOOM, touted as being a singleplayer experience in the main?

Todd - The specific decisions about all of that haven't been made at this point, but I don't foresee us doing anything differently with DOOM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirage - Will Doom 3 or Quake 4 be better for multiplayer [1v1 and team] deathmatch?

Todd - Both games are being designed as single-player experiences first. The multiplayer component will be added later and it's unfortunately too early to address any specific features either game will or won't have.

Nothing new, but thanx for the heads up anyway.

I just wish they would reveal the real title of the new Doom game, it's driving me crazy that I don't know whether to expect a remake or a sequel.

I just wish they would reveal the real title of the new Doom game, it's driving me crazy that I don't know whether to expect a remake or a sequel.

let's hope for E3 and their homepage's next time update.

Well he didn't correct chiQ when he called the game 'Doom 3'. Though that's what everyone's calling it so they probably just don't bother anymore.

Mirage - Will Doom 3 or Quake 4 be better for multiplayer [1v1 and team] deathmatch?

Todd - Both games are being designed as single-player experiences first. The multiplayer component will be added later and it's unfortunately too early to address any specific features either game will or won't have.

Heh...I guess if 1999 taught anything to the gamer community, its that mult-player only FPS games suck.

mult-player only FPS games suck

can i get an AMEN?

With a loud roar: AMEN!!!!
Yeah mp-only games suck - I should never have bought Q3A :(
If there's one thing I'm overly excited about concerning the new Doom game, it's the fact that Id at long last focuses on singleplayer.
Here's the chance for Id to shut the mouths of all those claiming that "Id can't make a good SP experience".

Heh. UT was okay, but you get realy bored with it after a while. And for some reason, though it runs smoothly on my 366, it is choppy as Hell on my 700. Yeah, single-player owns.

It's strange how so many people don't see the beauty of single player campaigns - Higly detailed maps, often cool scripted events, the satisfaction of killing dozens of enemies without taking hits.
They just all go onto the same ol' fraggin' scheme, tsk.

I've just spent a week completing Max Payne, and you get all kinds of funny things.

"Some guys round here are way too into their jobs"
"Yeah"
"I bet they've even got names for their guns"
"Haven't you?"
"Wait, you've got a name for your gun?"
"Yeah, I call it Dick Justice"
"I rest my case"

I did enjoy UT though. You shouldn't say MP games are rubbish on the basis of Q3. Q3 was rather lame IMO and nowhere near the fun that could be had with UT, Half Life multiplayer, etc. I liked the engine, but the game itself was rather weak.

Amen. Well, except for UT. Of course.

I thought CounterStrike was rather entertaining...

multiplayer as well.

After you complete a game once or twice..I can't play it again...I just don't care enough too since it's done. I've seen the ending. THe goal is gone. THen it's time to get better by playing multi and compete against real people...much better than the pc.

Later.

Sanjay

I thought CounterStrike was rather entertaining...

*snaps fingers*

DESTROY HIM.

Why? Hell, I'd rather play Doom or UT, but I'm not going to deny that it's fun to play just so that you egotistical and self-centered bastards can be happy. CS definitely has a high fun factor, especially when playing a large group of people. Though I will admit that not ALL the levels are that great. In fact, some of them downright suck. As a whole, though, I think CS is alright.

I prefer cooperative games (i.e. Diablo II), or cooperative team-games (i.e. TFC). Then it requires serious strategy, but you aren't just hanging by yourself with no-one to talk to.

Counterstrike is okay, but its too unbalanced, and all the people who play it tend to me egomaniacal assholes.

Counterstrike is okay, but its too unbalanced, and all the people who play it tend to me egomaniacal assholes.

That's why I only play with a certain group of people that I know. We all know the rules and stick to 'em. Course, that was awhile ago, and I haven't played CS in months. Yeah, Diablo II is an awesome game as well, even better when used in multiplayer...

Yeah, Diablo II is an awesome game as well, even better when used in multiplayer...

Hell yes, my friend just gave me her CD key a couple days ago. She's going on my 'cool' list now!
/me checks list
Damn, she's already at the top.

Yeah mp-only games suck - I should never have bought Q3A :(

Glad to know that I did the right thing when I swore never to buy Q3Ass.

Quake 4 should follow the form of the Quake series and be good (bad, good, REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL BAD...)

Quake 4 should follow the form of the Quake series and be good (bad, good, REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL BAD...)

Naw, it should be better than any of the three others. I'm confident that it'll have better gameplay by far, since it's sp focussed and since it's being developed by Raven.

Naw, it should be better than any of the three others. I'm confident that it'll have better gameplay by far, since it's sp focussed and since it's being developed by Raven.

that would make it "REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL GOOD"

a footnote:should be "REALLY", sorry I just got out of my Eng class.

that would make it "REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL GOOD"

a footnote:should be "REALLY", sorry I just got out of my Eng class.

Well, it's "REAL" in American English, so it's not entirely incorrect.