Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KuriKai

zombieman's gun help please

Hey all

when the zombie man dies, his gun disappears.

I am making a 3d model of him, and I don't know what to do with his gun. should I make it disappear just like the sprite?
should I make it disintegrate?
should I make it fall to the ground? but it won't be able to be picked up
what ever I do to it I have to undo it when he gets raised from the dead.

Does anyone have any ideas and or suggestions?

Do whatever you see fit. Doom is fun, not super-realistic :)

If you made it disappear like the original, that leaves the option for characters based off your model (eg: a plasmagun zombie) to drop a weapon.

If you wanted to leave it in, you could make the body fall on the weapon, which gives plausibility to the fact you can't pick it up.

Disintegration would break the plausibility of resurrection, but then again, an evil healer running around bringing corpses and gibs back to life isn't exactly factual either.

Super Jamie said:

If you wanted to leave it in, you could make the body fall on the weapon, which gives plausibility to the fact you can't pick it up.

Or assume the zombieman rifle is useless if the player has the pistol, so the marine is smart enough not to pick it.

Making it disintegrate or break sounds too contrived. Either make it disappear like in the original sprite (gamism) or have it fall on or beside the corpse (realism).

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but couldn't the rifle just be used as the ammo pickup instead of the ammo box?

All ammo pickups would have to look like the Zombieman's rifle then. They drop the same ammo pickup as you can find anywhere on a map, only dropped clips give you half the amount of ammo.

Some ports allow you to create custom pickups, so it's possible that you could replace the Zombieman's drop with a rifle instead of a clip.

I don't care how it works, as long as it's better than those awful zombieman models from the JDRP model pack.

I have gone with the option of breaking it apart.
ads a bit more realism and a reason for the clip to be able to be picked up.