Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Warrior

I live!.... oww x_x

Well, I'm back from my surgery and I live! Live, dammit! Err, yes. So any of you who placed bets I would die, -lose-.

I hurt now, but not as much as the day it took place... it's tolerable. Now that horror -really- starts: doing school assignments, one of which is a "drug info pamphlet". Great x_x.....

Since I pretty much have to lie down most of the time, can't play DOOM at the moment... wait... I actually can ^.^;; forgot about the copy of DOOM 32x I have. My day is saved! I've spent most of my time either asleep or playing Jade Cocoon 2... that game's addictive. A pity I've nearly beaten it... I don't want Kahu to lose his tail! It's the only thing about him I -like-... annoying main-character boy-thing. Even the DOOM Guy is more likeable than him...

If anybeing's bored, check my website... I'll do more when I feel better ^.^;; like getting Totally DOOMED back up...

SHE LIVES! I wished you good luck, like, a month ago. I can't remember what it was you had done now... ?

Anyway, nice to see you, to see you... nice.

I got my leaking gallbladder and bunches of stones removed. They said it was unusal for anybeing of my age to have that problem. I'm unusual in yet another way! Ow!

I'm in a lot of pain now too, but thats just what happens when you start lifting weights after two weeks of no exersise. :P

When my sister was at university (aged about 19) she was told she would have to have her gall bladder out. Again, she was told this was unusual for someone her age.

She was booked into a hospital, a good few hundred miles, and one short sea journey away from my parents (because of where she was at Uni).

The operation seemed as if it was OK, but my sister kept complaining to the nurses she had a pain in her side and lower abdomen. She was told this was hardly surprising after major surgery, and was usually just told to give herself another squirt of self-administered morphine.

Now, I don't know, but apparently it is a very simple process to tell if someone is bleeding internally. As simple as taking a person’s temperature I am told. Anyway, my sister had been fitted with an abdominal drain to take any blood from her abdominal cavity into an attractive plastic bag beside her bed. When this bag stopped filling, my sister, still complaining of pains was told the drain could come out as she had stopped bleeding.

As the nurse pulled on what seemed like far too much plastic piping my sister’s pain seemed to get worse. Again my sister was told she should expect a bit of pain, and not to fuss.

As the end of the tube popped out of my sister’s abdomen, the reason for the pain became apparent: she was still bleeding internally, and quite a bit of pressure had built up because the drain tube was blocked. Now that the tube was out, there was nothing to stop slightly stale blood squirting out of the hole.

In a weakened state, this was enough for my sister to start vomiting. The powerful muscular contractions of doing so were enough to rip open the large wound the surgeon had put in her abdomen a few days earlier. My sister caught a quick glimpse of her internal organs, and started to pass out. She maintains the lasting image in her mind was not, however, her own intestine, but the look on the face of the woman in the bed opposite, who sat there dumbstruck, holding a half raised spoon of soup and with her mouth hanging open. She could see the whole thing going on because doctors and nurses had flung the privacy curtains aside to rush to my sister’s assistance.

My sister awoke some time later in an oxygen tent in intensive care, where she stayed for the next 3 weeks.

But it doesn’t stop there. Later she asked the surgeon why she still had an unusual pain quite low down in her abdomen, not particularly close to the operation scar. She was told that quite often, if they are operating on the abdomen they will remove the appendix whilst they are in there simply to avoid the possibility of problems in the future. The difficulty here was the surgeon confessed he had no idea whether they had actually done that or not, so my sister doesn’t even know if she has an appendix anymore.

About 4 weeks after being admitted into hospital for a fairly routine operation, my sister was discharged and came home to be a bridesmaid at my wedding. She had a scar that ran from a couple of inches to the right of her belly button round her side, and slightly round to her back. She still had an open hole in her side, large enough to put her finger in (indeed she was expected to wipe it out with a swab) and which wept stale blood. All as a result of an operation that can be done by keyhole surgery.

If we lived in the US, we’d have been millionaires once the claims court was finished. But no, over here, a stiff letter of complaint, and an explanatory letter (not an apology mind – that would be admitting guilt) was about it.

If anyone is interested, my sister is alive and well, touring the world on an almost permanent basis, but does have a pretty big scar to show for her troubles.

OMFG...I almost passed out reading this, it was so horrible. Damn, sounds like a Naval Hospital. Ow, my abs hurt mor now, thank you very much.

Oh yeah...almost forgot:
Red, are you/were you on codine at all? They gave me that after I got my wisdom teeth out, and I started hallucinating. Bad times...

She still had an open hole in her side, large enough to put her finger in (indeed she was expected to wipe it out with a swab) and which wept stale blood.

Heh, something similar happened to my friend over Christmas. He had to get something by his tailbone removed. Well, the cut for it is a vertical thing that is about 4 inches high, and since they want it to heal from the bottom-up instead of top-down, they wouldn't stitch it, so he has to pad it with cotton every day and throw the old bloody mess out. The thing is like over 2 inches deep, the first time his mother came in to pad it she ran out screaming and passed out, because apparently you can see all the nerve endings and veins and stuff sticking out. That, and it's an open would so it's pouring blood most of the time unless he's got the pads on it. He can barely stay awake 4 hours at a time cause of all the blood loss. I asked if I could come over and take some pictures when he first got home but that was a definate no :P

Christ in a can, Enjay. I feel like I'm going to be sick. You would think that playing such violent games about killing would toughen a person up when it comes to hearing about stuff like this, but that is obviously not the case. I'm glad your sister is ok, that must have been hell for her.

I'm glad to see that you're still with us, Red_Warrior. I was beginning to think that you had simply lost interrest in coming here. I'm glad I was wrong. May you get well soon, and hopefully we'll all see you posting around here more often in a few days.

this is teh make you feel ill thread which we don't need, with Lut obviously enjoying himself.

I had my appendix removed. It sucked, I couldn't play any sports for like a month and all I got to eat at the hospital was jello and soup broth. I had a drain inserted and I didn't have too many problems watching them pull it out of me a bit every day, but Enjay's story made me a wee bit queasy.

are you kidding me? I love this thread, maybe it's cause a I dream of a girl with a thorned pussy, or maybe because I'm being neglected as a child, but for some reason I just get aroused when listening about people with too many holes in their body's.

there was a time when me and danny boy were only off by about 300 posts, what ever happened to those good ol days? 2 weeks is such a long time ago.

there was a time when me and danny boy were only off by about 300 posts, what ever happened to those good ol days? 2 weeks is such a long time ago.

I think I may stop at 1984 posts and get a new username.

MMM!! All this talk about blood, gore, and evisceration makes me hungry for some hay!

/me goes and eats hay

I vomited twice reading this. Thanks a bunch!

(but then, I'm used to vomiting)

I'm glad you're okay, Red! ^_^

I had a similar experience to your sister's, Enjay, when I had my legs replaced, but I try not to talk about it. They still hurt to this day. >_<

Medication? I have some -really- weak stuff.... barely notice that it even works -_- no trippiness or total unconciousness for me. Damn.

*Looks nauseus* well, I'm glad both of the suffering parties are fairly okay and living... makes mine seems like a cakewalk with tea and fluffy pink bunnies.

Anyway, I will continue to stalk the forums, just, umm, not much right now. Schoolwork -and- recovery. And sitting here too long hurts my back more than usual -_-... this stupid chair has no arms, either. Thankies for the kind words!

I'm guessing it's the year he was born

Yep...a very good year...had a good book named after it...Dune came out...I was born. Hehe.
I dunno if I should stop or not...

My new username would get it pretty quick, though. :) Not that I care. I feel like a lamer with all these posts.