Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rorix

Sloped 3d floors

Hey all, I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this:

The small sector in front is supposed to be a sloped railing. The stairs are supposed to be 8 units thick and sloped on the bottom as well. If I take off the sloping, the stairs look fine. The really frustrating thing about this is that the sloping was working perfecly before. if anyone knows how to fix this, please reply. The map is for GzDoom.

The control sectors need to have the same length as the targets, along the slope, and be placed at the same coordinate. Like this:

+--------------------+
|       +--+--+      |
|       |  |  |      |
|       |  |  |      |
|       +--+--+      |
+--------------------+

+--+--+
        |  |  |
        +--+--+
don't move that left, or right. Don't resize it horizontally.

Thanks so much for the help. Everything works fine now. I originally had he control sectors in that position for convenience, I moved them so i could expand the edges of the map. Do you know why it's necessary to have the control sectors in that posistion?

For slopes the planes in the control sector must extend to the position where the 3D floor is supposed to be. If you move the control sector the planes will have a different height at the position you want them to be.

Something that might explain what is going on:

If the sloped control sector is in front (or behind) the slope in the play sector, the slope from the control sector is extrapolated to the play area. So, the control sector needs to be beside the play slope, not in front/ behind it.