Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eponasoft

You know you've been mapping too much when...

Yeah, all of our public buildings have that Brutalist architecture style around here. The public library, police station, firehouse and local college here, you could model them all inside and out perfectly with just classic doom textures and vanilla engine.

The doom engine is also very well suited to middle-eastern architecture. Its nothing but right angles, pillars, 24-unit thick walls, enclaves and flat surfaces.

I think playing doom is the primary thing that developed my tastes in architecture style. Flat roofs and wide hallways, ftw.

I was on a bus the other day, and I saw one of those little tiny downtown-ish bridges for cars crossing over another, and I thought "You can't have a room over a room" before realizing that I was IRL.

...when you stop making maps for 13 years, and come back to find out that there are easier-to-use map editors than Deu 5.2

This happens to me sometimes as well. Occasionally, if I am bored, I will look around the room/building I am in and think if it would be possible to recreate. I never actually bother doing it but perhaps it is a good brain exercise.

arrrgh said:

Real life uses the Quake engine, duh.

No wonder Crysis has better graphics than real life!