Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ultraboy94

Nukage disposal plant - short single-level wad

ive spent about a week on this level, most time spent on 3d floors.

requires skulltag with opengl turned on due to heavy use of 3d floors and skulltag textures + skulltag monsters.

contains 1 new monster i made myself. im keeping it as a suprise...

screenshots:

start of the level.

ground floor of main hall.

first floor of main hall.

outside area.

final area, outside.

download:

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/nukedisp.zip (61kb)

Decent, wasn't an overuse of skulltag demons, but I think you could've done without making the hub-ish SILVER/SHAWN2 room 3D quite easily. For the ammo on the pipe textures in the red key courtyard I assumed you could jump since it was gzdoom, but it might help to make a note in a text file / op. The sloped computers in the hub were also too steep to climb so I jumped there too. Other than somewhat low ammo and a random bug where I didn't pickup the chaingun somehow, it was pretty easy but the barrels begging to be used made it interesting. The low level of detail was fine, not every map needs to be uber-detailed to be enjoyable (just look at the iwads). Also you might want to fix this

Overall a decent map for over-using 3d floors ;)

the chaingun wasnt meant to be picked up. it was the new monster. it is a posessed chaingun that shoots at you. you have to kill it before you can pick it up. also i made the hub 3-d mostly because the level started as my test bed for maiing 3d floors, but then i decided to convert it into a whole level.

Ultraboy94 said:

the chaingun wasnt meant to be picked up. it was the new monster. it is a posessed chaingun that shoots at you. you have to kill it before you can pick it up. also i made the hub 3-d mostly because the level started as my test bed for maiing 3d floors, but then i decided to convert it into a whole level.

That's the thing, it bugged out on me when I played it the second time, not sure exactly what happened but after I killed it and picked it up I still didn't have it, even though I got the pickup message. Some funky code there. I'm using skulltag .97d5-r2275 if that makes a difference.

Converting test maps to playable maps is fine, I was just wondering why you made the thing double leveled to begin with. I'm making a double ring space station map myself and the way I put doors into the double level was pretty funky x)

ArmouredBlood said:

That's the thing, it bugged out on me when I played it the second time, not sure exactly what happened but after I killed it and picked it up I still didn't have it, even though I got the pickup message. Some funky code there. I'm using skulltag .97d5-r2275 if that makes a difference.

ah right. i forgot to make a KEYCONF to adapt to the chaingun's new name. since the chaingun that attacks you can replace any chaingun in any map, the chaingun that you pick up had to have a different name.

Ultraboy94 said:

ah right. i forgot to make a KEYCONF to adapt to the chaingun's new name. since the chaingun that attacks you can replace any chaingun in any map, the chaingun that you pick up had to have a different name.

Then is there a window for when you can/can't pick up the chaingun after it dies? Because I did get it the first time through. I don't know anything about KEYCONF though so I'm not sure how anything would work.