Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

The Movie Thread

Another attempt at starting a thread to find the things I've been missing. Post a trailer, clip, scene, image or whatever from your favorite movie. Make sure you identify what movie it is. I'm curious to see what people's interests are. I'm also looking to build a decently large movie collection as winter is coming and I don't leave my house between November first and April first.

Celebrating 10 years of 2 of my favorite films:

Do not Fuck with Fight Club:

American Beauty, because masturbating at work is OK:

Cliche? yes. Awesome? yes.

Once Upon a Time in the West. Great movie, and the score is amazing. Sergio Leone = win.

If westerns aren't your thing, here's the most recent movie i really liked:

Darkly comic, great script. Entertaining as all hell.

Blade Runner is my end-all favorite movie of all time. If there were ever a movie that captures the viewer and transports him to a completely different and believable place it would be this one. Easily the most beautiful film I've ever seen.

Not my favorite movie ever, but a very unique one: Zardoz. I also picked it because it has one of the most interesting trailers ever. They need to make more like it. It's kind of a weird artsy movie akin to A Clockwork Orange as it is from the same era, pushed the bounds of censorship, and it utilized Beethoven's 7th symphony in the same way A Clockwork Orange utilized Beethoven's 9th.

It's a bit campy and weird and some people hate it, but I really liked it and found it rather poignant.

@Bank

Fuck year, Blade Runner. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, and definitely my favorite sci-fi. What's amazing is that it is a million times better then the book it is based off of. Also, despite the fact that I own two different soundtracks for it and a copy of the movie, I still intend to get two more soundtracks and another copy of the movie. It's that good.

I really need to see the new extended version. The director's cut was never really a director's cut, but it was a baby step in the right direction. On that note, it was the first movie to ever have a director's cut, and one of the first to come out on DVD (in like 1991). Annoyingly, the only version you could ever find in DVD WAS the director's cut up until very recently when the super-mega awesome edition came out with 4 different cuts (original, international, director's, and extended).

@exp - I'll mark this down under the list of "stupid movies to watch stoned"

@DRM - I think this belongs in the 'Childhood Memories' thread

@destx - I'm going to show this to my roommate when he's tripping acid, just to be a dick

@Ct_red_pants - WHAT IS THIS MOVIE I WANT IT

@Snakes - there's nothing I've loved more in movies than watching Clint Eastwood shooting Mexicans from his porch. I'm going to have to see this.

@Bank - one of my all time favorites as well

@Bucket - Interesting. Meh. Weeeeiiirrrrd

@Bloodshedder - Weird Al isn't welcome here

@Danarchy - If Heavy Metal and David Lynch had a baby, this is what it would look like.

The Doom Generation

Natural Born Killers

True Romance

Patrick said:
@Ct_red_pants - WHAT IS THIS MOVIE I WANT IT

Network. One of those films that has more relevance today then when it was made. It's spooky how well it predicted the future of mass media.

Ed said:

True Romance

The Hell? Are they trying to pass Gary Oldman off as black there?

Gary Oldman thread!

And with Tim Roth...

You know, he's actually a really good actor.

Being the resident uber-Trekkie I'll post some Star Trek clips that kinda tickle my funny bone.

From ST TMP (opening scene, cuts out the Epsilon 9 shots):

From ST II (the infamous line, heh)

From ST III (Dr. McCoy fails it):

From ST IV (the other infamous line, heh)

From ST V (this is what Shatner gets for being an arrogant SOB):

From ST VI (couldn't find either of 2 clips I wanted which were Kirk fighting the alien at Rura Penthe & Kirk fighting "himself" while he & McCoy are escaping, so this will have to do):

For ST Generations I couldn't decide between 2 scenes, so there they are both:

From ST First Contact (best scene ever, if a bit long):

Insurrection and Nemesis sucked so I won't post any clips from them, and I can't seem to find any of the preview clips from the new movie on YouTube.

Danarchy said:

And with Tim Roth...

Haha, for a moment I thought you meant this Tim Roth. I was like, WHAT?!

Hey PAUL!

Bucket said:
That's all well and good, but is the movie ENTERTAINING?

Assuming this was directed at me; *I* thought it was. Watching Peter Finch go completely snooker loopy is well wicked'

Patrick Bateman:

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Goddamn there are so many good films in here, particularly the one Armoured Blood posted (Big Trouble in Little China) is my favorite of all time. Also loved True Romance, American Beauty and Fifth Element. Small trend to be noticed might be that I also like Gary Oldman as an actor.

Heat is another great film, and of course I have to use this scene :P

Classic scene.

Other movies I like:

And my favourite franchise of all time:

Another of my favorite movies, Brazil...

And while we're on the subject of Gilliam...

12 Monkeys was my favorite movie when I was a teenager.