Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sniffy

Problem With Gzdoom

I cannot default my doom 2 wads to gzdoom which is the program that opens them.It was defaulted to doom95 for some odd reason,and when I went into properties and tried to set it to gzdoom,it completely ignored the change like I never selected anything.I was able to get it to default to zdoom,but now it only plays my ACM-Demo wad no matter which one I try to play.Is there a way to fix this?

oh, so basically you're double clicking .wad files to play them?

the easiest way to play a certain wad is to literally drag the wad onto the source port (like, dragging doom2.wad onto "gzdoom.exe") Of course, if all of your doom files aren't in the same folder, you'll have to open two folders at once, pretty annoying. I put all my doom files in one folder these days, it's easiest.

Oh cool so all I have to do is drag the wad to Gzdoom to get it to play.Thanx man,but I still would like to be able to get it defaulted back to Gzdoom.Its not quite playing the wads right...most of them are playing the Ultimate Doom levels with the guns and textures of the the correct wad,but alot of these are doom 2 and many are levels from scratch.

Right-click on it, and it will come up with more options for what exe to use, and if you want it set as the default.

Drag and drop has its uses, but can be very cumbersome or unusable in many cases. It's best to have many different ways to launch Doom at your disposal, so you can choose the one that works best in each instance.

And moved to Source Ports. For Great Justice.

Or you can put links to the various Doom ports you have in your "SendTo" folder. Then right-click -> send to will do the same as drag'n'dropping; except without having to drag all the way to the exe.

arrrgh said:

Or use ZDL.

Seconded. I would use at least 3.1a by WildGoose or version 3.1 by Risen as it doesn't have the problem 3.0 does when Doom2 is selected on termination of the application (It removes one WAD file from the external files list on exit).

Very easy to set up ZDoom specific engines with this program, btw.

K...so how do I get it to play my wads with Gzdoom?
When I hit launch nothing happens>.>

I don't get it...my source port is Gzdoom...right?So why can't I add it?it won't let me drag it into the right area and the little thing that scrolls down to select one is blank

You have to edit the configuration of ZDL, so it knows where the gzdoom.exe and doom2.wad/doom.wad are.

Click on that button that takes you to the configuration menu.

Okay - make sure you're adding Doom 2 as an IWAD (from the options menu), not as an external file. Add your extra level as an external file.

"You must have one IWad and port defined as available"
DOH>.<
I had to restart to get it to work.Nevermind.Now it works.Thank you:)

Interesting...it says you can add up to 10 wads,but you can only add one at a time or it will mash the wad info into one game o.0

I dunno what happened,but my wads are no longer defaulted to anything and I can't find zdoom....it says its not there.Now none of the wads will load:/

I did I have 3.1
I had to delete it and redownload and reconfig the damn thing to get it to work again

LaunchTool doesn't support gzdoom, and even when I try to play it with zdoom it refuses to start

LaunchTool expects to find the executable named in the config file, so what you're trying to do isn't going to work. Save the following as gzdoom.cfg in LaunchTool's engines folder...

type = "LaunchTool engine file";

realname = "GZDoom";
executable = "gzdoom.exe";
demoext = "lmp";

filetypes
{
	wad = "WAD files";
	deh = "Dehacked files";
	lmp = "Lump files";
	pk3 = "PK3 files";
}

parameters
{
	opengl = "Use OpenGL";
	nosound = "No sound";
	nomusic = "No music";
	nosfx = "No sound FX";
}
and add this line to the filetypes in zdoom.cfg if you want PK3 support.
	pk3 = "PK3 files";

Having added a new engine config - click on the Setup button and set the path to the executable. Check the ZDoom search path while you're there.

Apart from the minor irritation of having to create/edit config files the only issue I've had with LaunchTool is the use of unusual names for map markers.