Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[CZ]mr.twister

doom contests

Hello:)
Captcha in register here is very funny:)

so as draza said. This contest is only mistake i mean the rj, so after first contest -pacifist, 2nd- collect weapons, im rejecting now run and do rj:) and recod demo about 16sec. I want some action and shooting so if you want, try record clasic demo its more funny then rj.
btw. its great if some of foregin players join to ours contests it will be more funny :)

i'm probably the only one not complaining, heh. i live off this stuff, it's like all my favourite gusta maps. but sure, there has been a lot of speedrunning and not enough shooting. speaking of gusta... any ideas about a sensibly tysonable map? :)

Hey there guys,

I´d like to inform you, that me and Twister have agreed to add some more rules to our contests:

1) packed demos must involve a text file, which will contain info about the version and port used for recording. We will tolerate missing text file, when competing in Flash contest. Demos recorded for Weekly contest must contain the text file, otherwise they´ll be excluded. The text file template will be available for downloading in the right column under the "Aktuální contest" section.

2) When finishing a level, you must have at least 1% of health.

Though the fastest demos from the last contest were really awesome, we believe these rules will improve the quality of the upcoming contest demos.

Thank you for participating and we´re already looking forward to more stuff from you guys :)

Draza

The Green Herring said:

Heh, that was more difficult than I thought it'd be.

Same with me. In my "last chance" run 5 minutes before deadline I almost made it... it would be the 4th place. I haven't played this map for years so I didn't remember the invulnerability. I opted for the armor at the start. Died about 40 map units away from the berserk pack...

Gusta said:

Heh, I think this time could be possibly beaten during this contest.

Well could be.. I have made my most shitty demo ever in this contest. I wonder why I went to push the plasma button all the time....must have been drunk :/

Still I guess, that taking the yellow key immediately will save you a lot of precious time and you must spare your only bfg for the crowded room near the end. Should be very difficult but the effort should be worth it :)

Any suggestions?

ehh ... I think its Okay Twisty ... and grats for yours new IWAD very funny world record btw :-)

dew said: (in Akse/Scythe thread)
your tas movies always make me feel uneasy about my puny human skills

And your non-TAS movies make me feel uneasy about the fact I'm 1/3 slower than you! Great demo!!!

thanks! although i'm afraid it will get beaten by a lot before the week is over. oh, it's already beaten... by one tic?! grrrr...

by the way, i just NEED to learn this trick reliably. :)
random passerbies: demo for nb_wst01.

nb-dew-waitwhat.zip

Great job on English-version site, whoever did it.

Some nit-picking:

1) Contest in english -> Contest in English (26.11.09)

2) 7. mĂsto -> 7th place (contest #12, 25.10.09)

3) When uploading a demo, "file was put away" message. I'm not native, so I'm not sure about it, maybe it's correct, but doesn't "demo uploaded" / "your demo has been uploaded" sound better?

------------------------------

Well, after watching dew's and xepop's demos I finally figured out what to do with the room with chaingunners, shotgunners and imps. So I guess I learned something, too. My first under 30s! BTW, both 22s demos are great, xepop had some luck with monsters not teleporting...

------------------------------

Your demo is indeed strange, dew, but anyway, what were you planning when releasing your first rocket? I guess it was "Oh, I screwed it, so let's kill myself"

vdgg said:

1) Contest in english -> Contest in English (26.11.09)

2) 7. mĂsto -> 7th place (contest #12, 25.10.09)

3) When uploading a demo, "file was put away" message. I'm not native, so I'm not sure about it, maybe it's correct, but doesn't "demo uploaded" / "your demo has been uploaded" sound better?

all fixed:) thx to report

Yeah, thanks for the english version of page. Beats google translator.

That rocket-waitwhat-thing is really weird. I have a gut feeling that it's somehow connected to the facts that you were a bit higher than the monsters and running against them. Similar stuff happens for example, when you go to the map7 of hr2, press one of the buttons and go on top of it and blast the wall.

Cool, I like these contests.

I recorded a demo, but I don't understand how to calculate the time, do I have to consider the hundredths or not? Because some submitted demos are named with the hundredths and some are not. In my case, all the times are with high seconds, so the difference would be over 2 seconds.

Oh, and I'm sure my demo is final and I will NOT improve it anymore, so I won't upload it yet :P

I also don't understand the rule forbidding to exit with 0% health, you start the next level alive, and it's considered legal everywhere else. But, the rules are up to you, of course.

yeah, leave the hundredths out for a multilevel demo. it's a nonsense to add them up.

(i think the same about forbidding the death-exits, but i've already raged about this elsewhere and twister ignored me. :p)

Season 2 is over, final ranking:

Flash contest:

1. Twister - 29 pts
2. Draza - 25 pts
3. psichotik - 22 pts

Weekly contest:

1. Twister - 37 pts
2. hokis - 27 pts
3. dew - 25 pts

Heh, That went good. I spend 45 minutes to just get "all" weapons until I realized I really had to get ALL weapons.

yeah perhaps the task should've been declared clearer... the two previous collector contests both happened before foreigners joined, so it's not surprising you got confused. :)

Question #1 (to the organizers): if two or more players have the same time, what is decisive about the points gained?

Question #2 (mainly to xepop): how to watch your demo??

In Prboom+ I have desynch near the yellow key.
In Doom2 / Chocolate I get a message R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 3:0

Sorry, I guess I forgot to download the original wad as suggested. Though it was pretty weird to give multiple wads to donwload in the first place...
I used wad Rebirthm2.wad, dunno where to find it.

rebirthm2.zip