Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Huunreh

How created monster?

Hello, i'm new its here. I create Wolfenstein 3D Part II: Rise of the Triad on engine Ultimate Doom. And I have the question. How make and adding new boss/monster?
I actually use WinTex 5.0.
Please help me. I must only adding two new bosses.

Apologize for my english

This depends mostly on what version/port of DOOM you want to target. If vanilla, you can at most replace existing monsters by editing their graphics (for which Wintex is a good enough app that can help you) and altering their hardcoded behavior via use of DeHackEd (which Wintex cannot do).

If however you are going to target a modern port such as ZDoom, Doomsday, Eternity, EDGE, etc. then those ports have their own extended abilities to define new object types and behaviors which are totally unrelated to each other and mostly without precedent in respect to earlier DOOM data formats.

As far as sprites go, sprites are identified by a four name lump prefix such as POSS. This is then followed by frame identifier characters such as A B C etc., and each frame identifier character is followed by a rotation indicator, which can either be 0 for a sprite that is only viewable from one angle, or a number from 1 to 8 reflecting the rotation. Some sprites are actually flipped so that they can serve as more than one rotation, and when this happens you will see a name such as POSSA2A8. Hope that's helpful info.

Very thanks :P Original Rise of the of Triad had 4 episods and 4 bosses. Ultimate Doom has 4 episods and only 2 bosses. It is possible so to copy these 2 bosses that would be 4?
I playing Ultimate Doom on Zdoom.

Sorry of my english ;P

On ZDoom you can use the language known as DECORATE to define entirely new actor types, but this is something that takes a while to learn. I'd suggest visiting the wiki on zdoom.org, as well as the zdoom forums to find out in-depth info about it.

Yes, it is possible to change the status bar. You can look at AFADoomer's Wolfenstein 3D TC for an example of precisely that status bar recreated for ZDoom thanks to a control lump named SBARINFO.
The ZDoom wiki is a very good resource for ZDoom modding, so do not hesitate to consult it.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Main_Page

For boss monsters, the simplest is probably to look at the MAPINFO lump, so you can define which monster triggers which special action on which map. (Alternatively, you can script the map with ACS; but that's one more language to learn.)