Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomBax

Doom Editing on Windows Mobile

Hi there,
iam searching for a tool to edit levels for doom 1&2 on a windows mobile platform.
Is the any version of doom builder or something that could run on WM ? Or a converter to make the normal Windows version fit on WM ?

It would be great if anyone knows sth!
Greetings DoomBax

Whats with newbies posting these questions in Blogs? It doesn't even appear in the forum index, nor make any sense to post here with the Doom General subforum right there...

But to answer, there are no doom editors for Windows Mobile.

Ports of Doom everywhere, but no editors? Shame! Doom is exciting when you can map for it!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Why in the hell is your postcount 0

Fisk said:

Why in the hell is your postcount 0

This topic was moved from the blog section, and any posts in the blog don't add towards your post count.

doom editing on Windows mobile? holy shit that'd be something to see. From waht I gather, WinCE is missing some basic C stuff that fraggle of chocolate doom had to implement using the little tools that wince had to do it. And that was just to compile the port. I don't wanna know what it would take to port an older editor. I don't know of any right now, but it is possible. Just hard has hell to do.

Thats the dumbest idea ive ever heard! And if you wanna draw out maps with a stylus just buy a digitizing tablet...

Interesting idea, but good luck finding a programmer interested in doing it. Windows Mobile is a horrible platform.

@Dee i think its a great idea, to draw maps where ever you want ...
maybe while shopping and your gf is searching for some shoes ^^ or at work ....
Why is it a silly idea ?
is it possible to run a editor on an other platform ?
maybe on i-phones (what platform?)
greetings bax

I understand why you would want it, I understand what it would provide, I just dont see anyone using it. It would be too time consuming and complicated trying to create a doom level on a handheld. It could work, but it would just be too complicated, you would be sitting there for hours to try to get the same results you could achieve with a computer in 30 minutes.
And believe me, I think your gf would appreciate you to pay attention to her when shes shopping for shoes! hahaha

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I dunno... Editing on an iPod Touch may be tedious, but I think it would be a fun experience given time to adjust and learn the new environment. Especially if there were a 3D preview mode.

I dont care if my arguments are ineffectual im just stating my opinion like everyone else