Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enjay

The Jackson Jive

Someone told me about this at work and I just checked it out. Even though I knew what was coming, I sat watching it with my mouth open...

O_O

Why do those afros in the first video remind me of the "Pool's Closed" meme?

Man that was hard to watch.

I know the show is live, but I'd imagine that act would have to have been approved by some kind of panel before they went on.

still Harry Connick resonce wasn't smart either;
"We've spent years trying to make black people not look like buffoons"
Uhh... What?

Whatever, Hey Hey it's Saturday sucks anyway.

Mr. Chris said:

Why do those afros in the first video remind me of the "Pool's Closed" meme?

Because of AIDS.

...and they say Americans are racist...

You try that stunt here, you'll get beaten to death, and that would be the NICE way out.

Last time I saw anyone use Blackface was Joey Lawrence on "Gimme a Break", where his character was duped into wearing it to commemorate Black entertainers (if I remember correctly).

Where's Al Sharpton? CALL HIM!! :D

Georgef551 said:

You try that stunt here, you'll get beaten to death, and that would be the NICE way out.

Last time I saw anyone use Blackface was Joey Lawrence on "Gimme a Break", where his character was duped into wearing it to commemorate Black entertainers (if I remember correctly).

Where's Al Sharpton? CALL HIM!! :D

But are such acts racist by definition? I don't think they were making fun on black people, they were just making fun of the Jacksons. Assuming that jokes involving black people are always racist in nature only shows that racism is more prevalent in your culture.

Georgef551 said:

I know you got it in your deck, but you better not play it!

Georgef551 said:

Last time I remember it happening was Ted Danson at the Friar's Club back in like 1990. That caused a huge amount of controversy when it happened. There was also the movie Bamboozled, but that was srs business.

I think that people need to stop getting their panties in a bunch over racial things.

The worst part about this act is that it was terrible and the one lady gave them a 7.

Danarchy said:

The only funny thing is that Michael had on whiteface.

I also found it amusing that the number won first place 20 years ago. Makes you think about what the other routines were.

kristus said:

I also found it amusing that the number won first place 20 years ago. Makes you think about what the other routines were.

The "Red Faces" talent quest segment on Hey Hey It's Saturday was an opportunity for people to make fools of themselves in front of a national audience, some routines were dire and occasionally NSFW.

Jodwin said:

But are such acts racist by definition? I don't think they were making fun on black people, they were just making fun of the Jacksons. Assuming that jokes involving black people are always racist in nature only shows that racism is more prevalent in your culture.

Unlike a Libby Lib, I KNOW better, that yes, I know it was a bad Jackson joke.
I guess if you want to do later MJ, you use Bisquick instead. Either that, or white paint (as in actual color, not skin color).

There's too many Libby Loons to make that "entertaining". Even the white idea would fly like a lead balloon.

"Libby Lib"? "Libby Loon"? Want to know what I call a republican? It's not "Rub-a-dub-dub Repub"; it's "fucking retard".

exp(x) said:

"Libby Lib"? "Libby Loon"? Want to know what I call a republican? It's not "Rub-a-dub-dub Repub"; it's "fucking retard".

That's a funny response. I hate both sides.

Georgef551 said:

Unlike a Libby Lib, I KNOW better, that yes, I know it was a bad Jackson joke.
I guess if you want to do later MJ, you use Bisquick instead. Either that, or white paint (as in actual color, not skin color).

There's too many Libby Loons to make that "entertaining". Even the white idea would fly like a lead balloon.

There's no way you aren't a program written by NASA scientists in the 60s to create an entity that is both unbelievably boring yet mind numbingly stupid at the same time.

As for the video, I find it shocking to believe that there's more than one culture on Earth, and that even one of them would have a different sense of humor is outrageous.

Guys, you really don't have to defend Australia for this. We can be a bunch of racist cunts at times, and the fact that we've mostly just shrugged it off really shows how out of sync we are with the rest of the world.

So enjoy you fit of self righteousness Mr ReOL. Maybe from the top of that high on that horse you can see you countrymen raging ageist health care because immigrants might get it to.

Butts said:

That's a funny response. I hate both sides.

So do I.

Q: Why were Democrats scared of Communism spreading into America in the 1950's?

A: They dont want the competition.

Georgef551 said:

So do I.

Q: Why were Democrats scared of Communism spreading into America in the 1950's?

A: They dont want the competition.

That joke is neither funny nor does it make any sense.

Perhaps you recall, it was Joseph McCarthy who led the communist witchhunt in the United States at that time, the same Joseph McCarthy who was the Republican Senator from Wiconsin. Besides comparing Democrats to Soviets is old and never made any sense at all.

You're like the boy who cried wolf except instead of wolf it's Liberal and instead of crying it you just force it into every statement you make whether it belongs or not.

You're right, commies isn't the best way. More like the Nazis.
Don't get a flu shot for Swine Flu? Dems here in Massachusetts want police to force entry into your home and put you in a camp.

Just like Hitler! YAY! Note that Obama isn't this dumb. (As of now, but seems to like everything Fuck-Em All Deval Patrick is doing.)

Georgef551 said:

Don't get a flu shot for Swine Flu? Dems here in Massachusetts want police to force entry into your home and put you in a camp.

As if the "land of the free" doesn't already have too many citizens locked up.
Actually - if you took the time to read between the lines you'd realise that these Swine Flu Internment Camps are part of a massive job creation program, something that hasn't been attempted since the Great Depression. Naturally the White House is doing it's best to disguise and downplay this policy initiative since they don't want people wondering just how sick the economy is.

Consider this - there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of acres of partially-built residential subdivisions sitting idle, the Government. . .

• Buys them (pumping money into the economy)
  • Hires tradesmen to finish construction, install security systems, erect perimeter fences and watchtowers
  • Hires guards to man those watchtowers - and instructors to train them
  • Hires admin staff, doctors, nurses, barbers, baggage handlers, pest exterminators, crematorium operators and etc.
  • Indirectly creates tens of thousands of jobs outside the camps
  • And best of all - this part of the job creation program can be disguised as a "Public Health Initiative"

GreyGhost said:

As if the "land of the free" doesn't already have too many citizens locked up.
Actually - if you took the time to read between the lines you'd realise that these Swine Flu Internment Camps are part of a massive job creation program, something that hasn't been attempted since the Great Depression. Naturally the White House is doing it's best to disguise and downplay this policy initiative since they don't want people wondering just how sick the economy is.

Consider this - there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of acres of partially-built residential subdivisions sitting idle, the Government. . .

• Buys them (pumping money into the economy)
  • Hires tradesmen to finish construction, install security systems, erect perimeter fences and watchtowers
  • Hires guards to man those watchtowers - and instructors to train them
  • Hires admin staff, doctors, nurses, barbers, baggage handlers, pest exterminators, crematorium operators and etc.
  • Indirectly creates tens of thousands of jobs outside the camps
  • And best of all - this part of the job creation program can be disguised as a "Public Health Initiative"

The Jewish and Japaneese will really disapreciate this idea. It's like another slap in the face they don't deserve/
Yes, I know we had camps here in WWII, but they didn't have an evil dictator in the White House, either. In THIS case, however, it's the Governor that's playing 1-upsmanship. Even a lot of Democrats and Libs hate him (Deval Patrick)! Doesn't look good for the next election. :)

Georgef551 said:

You're right, commies isn't the best way. More like the Nazis.

Just like Hitler! YAY! Note that Obama isn't this dumb. (As of now, but seems to like everything Fuck-Em All Deval Patrick is doing.)

What the fuck are you talking about? I live in MA and this is the first I, or anyone else has heard of this.