Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ultraboy94

BFG9000 in a facebook app

just if anyone is interested. the current featured item for a facebook game called mobsters is, the BFG9000. (an attack power of 64 is extremly high by the way, since most weapons have an attack of around 10 tops).

any other recent doom sightings to report?

Doom sightings? Well, I noticed while beta testing Champions Online that one of the quest texts said "Rip and tear!" somewhere in it. I chuckled.

Mobsters? Wouldn't that be a 20s-30s or a 90s setting...not a futuristic selection.

Mr. Chris said:

Mobsters? Wouldn't that be a 20s-30s or a 90s setting...not a futuristic selection.

There will always be mobsters.

Nomad said:

This should be reported to id just to be assholes.

You mean like that cheap flash game using recolored pinkys and other Doom assets? If they're making money off of the little game, they definitely should be.

I'm fairly sure they are. I was playing a similar game (by the same company I think) that you could "donate" money to for more stuff or whatever.

I'm pretty sure they get money for advertisements on FB too.

yeah, it does take money to get what is known as "favor points", shown in the picture. that bfg9000 would cost around £7 to get. or to get favor points you can also complete "offers" (such as ordrering groceries from tesco, downloading an e-card toolbar, subscribing to lovefilm etc).

so yeah, basically they are making money from a ripped bfg sprite.

This insolence needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. They are making a mockery of id Software with their behavior. They are a complete disgrace.

Nomad said:

This insolence needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. They are making a mockery of id Software with their behavior. They are a complete disgrace.

So why not report them instead of bitching?

Mr. Freeze said:

Because they know where he lives?

Mr. Freeze said:

Because I don't really care? You think I'd write something like that and seriously mean it?

Ralphis said:

I just talked to ID and they said it's cool, don't worry about it

From that response from them, I'd say ID is one of the more lenient companies regarding their IP.

That hasn't become readily apparent over the last ~20 years?

Technician said:

People actually pay money for this shit? I got to log onto Facebook and see whats up.

More of my friends and family are addicted to stupid crap like that Facebook farming game than "real" MMO's.

Creaphis said:

More of my friends and family are addicted to stupid crap like that Facebook farming game than "real" MMO's.

It's much more accessable

Ralphis said:

It's much more accessable

And appeals better to a crowd of Mac-wannabes, says I.

Believe it or not, shit like that can be really addictive when you start playing it with a couple of friends. Now the one I've played didn't involve spending money on anything (oddly enough it too had a 'gangsters' type of setting), but it took 6 months before I forced myself to quit playing after reaching 2nd place on the server. From what I've heard my account that I've passed on to a friend is still in the server's top 10.