Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

Hexen music question

I played through Hexen about two months ago, perhaps you remember? It was awesome. I played in Zdoom.

Now I want to play again. I started it up again last night and CD-quality music started playing, and I was surprised! Last time I played it had subtle, quiet midi music...Soon I realized that a Celine Dion cd was in my cd drive, and Zdoom was playing that in hopes that it would please me.

So, wait. If I buy the original Hexen cd, used from someone on amazon.com, can I put it in the drive and hear the original music?

Furthermore, could I do the same with Deathkings?

Hexen's CD had the original soundtrack on its CD in much higher quality than the default MIDI music. I haven't heard it in a while, though, so I couldn't say if it's anything more than just the music played back on a Roland Sound Canvas or something.

I do have it on good authority, though, that putting Hexen 2's CD in the drive still produces a fitting soundtrack (though the remixed original Hexen songs on that disc don't actually play with their respective levels, for obvious reasons).

WildWeasel said:

Hexen's CD had the original soundtrack on its CD in much higher quality than the default MIDI music.

Gotcha, that's exactly what I wanted to hear, sweet.

And Deathkings' cd has it's own music too?

HeXen DK doesn't have any new music. It links back to the HeXen Iwad and uses the music from it (or HeXen CD if you run HeXen DK with the CD inserted).

Too bad they didn't package the CD soundtracks on the Steam version (also true for Hexen II, Quake, and so on).

yeah I bought hexen 2 on steam and there was no music and I thought it was strange

Even more reason to try and find my Hexen CD.

I've got Hexen 2 cd, I'm gonna see how that sounds.

Edit: beautiful. Thanks for the tip WildWeasel.

P.S. the Hexen off the id site doesn't have the tracks either :(

Some people might baulk at at a near-600MB download. ;-)

There's also a bunch of audio tracks on the Heretic II CD.

I think my towers of darkness cd has hexen cd music, I only really ever got it for heretic though :P

EDIT: yes it does have hexen cd music