Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gggmork

acs: CheckActorFloorTexture "used but not defined"

When I use this function the code successfully gets blue color coded, but click compile & it says: "Function checkactorfloortexture is used but not defined."

Random googling makes me suspect that it needs to be in zspecial.acs or something (but I don't really know what I'm talking about and might just have old files still (even though I updated them as far as I know)).

Get ACC r1822 from here for the exe, and the acc.acs package with the highest revision number. Overwrite you current installation of ACC with the r1822 one, then overwrite the four zblah.acs files with those from the acc.acs package.

If I'm not mistaken, the mingw build is for use with WadAuthor and DOS editors. The devc++ build is for old versions of Windows I think. The normal build can be used with recent Windowses and with modern editors like DB2.

Gez said:

If I'm not mistaken, the mingw build is for use with WadAuthor and DOS editors. The devc++ build is for old versions of Windows I think. The normal build can be used with recent Windowses and with modern editors like DB2.

The MinGW build is the only one that should be used as it doesn't depend on runtime libraries. There's no point in keeping the others around.

For WA a DJGPP DOS build is required but Randy seems to be the only one who has a setup that can create one.

Thanks, I think I downloaded it now (I got acc 1.47 from this link before reading gez's link, so might still have to check that too:
http://zdoom.org/Download )

Quick test and it seems to work now.

And I figured out it was my own idiotic problem- well more windows. This has tripped me up multiple times now, but windows decided that whenever you download exe files, they'll just make the exe disappear into thin air when you extract or download it, depending on your internet security settings or something... so that's why I apparently didn't have all the files last time even though I already downloaded it.
It almost seems like a deliberate tactic by microsoft to keep a monopoly by minimizing programs made by anyone else (or that's my insane conspiracy theory).
So I guess I did it right this time.

gggmork said:

but windows decided that whenever you download exe files, they'll just make the exe disappear into thin air when you extract or download it, depending on your internet security settings or something

Silently discarding files is a very bad practice, more people should be screaming at Microsoft to fix such stupidity.

I downloaded the latest ACS package about 5 weeks ago. And I ran into the same problem "used but not defined" just a week ago with the "Line set blocking" function.

The following works for me kyka:

1) make a zdoom: doom in hexen format map

2) put a line in the map, right click it. 'select action'/line/h line identification. Then for the 'set line id' box at right enter a new number like '1'.

3)'scripts'/edit script behavior/ write:

Script 32 ENTER {
 while(1){
  SetLineBlocking(1, true);
  delay(50);
  SetLineBlocking(1, false);
  delay(50);
 } 
}
(the '1' in 'setlineblocking' above should be the same number you wrote in the 'set line id' box).
That's just a test I did that makes the line alternate between blocking and non-blocking.

Thanks gggmork. That solves the problem I was having really neatly.

:D

Kyka said:

I downloaded the latest ACS package about 5 weeks ago.

From the SVN site? Also, it was last updated yesterday.

Line_SetBlocking is defined in zspecial.acs. If you got an error message, then you either:
- Did not set up ACC correctly (e.g., in DB2, it needs to be in a special directory to be found by the editor)
- Made a typo in the function name (it's Line_SetBlocking, not LineSetBlocking or Line_Set_Blocking).

EDIT: nevermind, I figured the below out. Instead of global, I just did:

int sqbits[25] = {1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1};

OUTSIDE of any script (thus making it a map variable scope, not a script scope). Then inside a script I could go:
print(d: sqbits[6])
or something and that works to print '1' (the one underlined above since the first of an array is 0).

----

It seems hard to use arrays. AFAIK they have to be global or I get errors cuz they can't be 'map variables' (i guess that = inside a script). So I write this which apparently should make a size 25 array called sqbits, packed with ones. I don't know how to print an entire array, but printing just sqbits[5] for example, seems that its packed with 0's even though I put 1's in there. (hopefully this still isn't me being stupid and not having the updated files because I still didn't go to that svn link).

global int 0: sqbits[]; 

script 30 (void){
 for(int i = 0; i < 24; i++){
  sqbits[i] = 1;
 }
}