Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

doom arcade machine

here is an idea on how to make it better. i saw the box one and thought it looked ok. but here is how to make it professional. first make an arcade stlye "box" out of wood. make it so that you can fit in a small 486/pentium tower or desktop unit and a colling fan. then sand it and add a layer of plastic. on the plastic paint on doom logos, images and other doom stuff. then put the computer into its place. put a pice of glass or plexyglass over the monitor for that arcde look. finaly make a consoule for the controls. you could keep the keyboard but i would get a joystick that can have all the needed doom functions. cut a hole in the consoul for the joystick and decorate the consoul for a doomish look.

hey if you ask me i may send you more detailed instructions on how to make this and stuff that i would recomend geting.

i would really like to see someone make this. if i had the time, well i have the time, but not the money i would do that and maybey sell it. really u just need to be creative, have tools, wood and an extra 486 system

I've seen one already. A friend's experiment. Anyway the focus wasn't DOOM but actually MAME games. :)

Nah, it was a rush job anyway, not meant to be a masterpiece, just kind of a gag.

BTW, you could've just responded to my post :)

yea, i could have replied to your post. but i am too lazy, besides i have thought about makeing a real doom arcade game before. also i have seen doom in an arcade, as well as duke3d and ROTT

Anyway the focus wasn't DOOM but actually MAME games. :)

What is this MAME stuff everybody's talking about?

MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. I won't insult your intelligence by saying what that means. Check out www.mame.dk for the latest version and I think every ROM available for it.

i have seen doom in an arcade in a amusment park called ceader point. they had in on a machien which also had duke3d and rott. it cost $.50 to play and u could choose which game. in doom u played till u died, duke3d gave you 3 lives. rott was left as it was, but u started with 1 life. it was also loaded on a VR machine but that cost $5 to play eiterh one