Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunner

Doom 2 Remake

Is there a Doom 2 remake wad? I've played Doom 2 Reloaded, and I'm not talking about replacing the levels with the same kind of gameplay. I'm talking about having generally the same levels but with more detail and a tastefully different layout.

A lot of LEVELS have these, but not the enire wad itself *cough cough*

I don't know of any megawads, but if you haven't checked out Remain 1 I'd certainly recommend it. Basically a remake of the first 11 levels and it's pretty much awesome.

Snakes said:

I don't know of any megawads, but if you haven't checked out Remain 1 I'd certainly recommend it. Basically a remake of the first 11 levels and it's pretty much awesome.

That was amazing. Just what I was looking for. I stopped at level 8 only because I have arthritis and Dead Simple killed my hands.

I'd like to see a Doom demake that distills Doom down into its basic components and details for once with super retro graphics and level design. But that will never happen.

Play it with my Doom tribute music. They go together like pussy and ass:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MerchantOfBelmont

I have to say that Remain1 teleports you around a lot and I can barely keep track of where I've been, making it not as memorable. I wish the levels were a little more faithful to the original too. Still, it's a good wad.

To be honest I'd prefer to see a Doom 1 remake. I prefer the level design, it's not as abstract. I also think that it's a style of level design that newbies can pick up easily, since it's more straight forward in it's application as it far more realist.

Starke Von Oben said:

To be honest I'd prefer to see a Doom 1 remake. I prefer the level design, it's not as abstract. I also think that it's a style of level design that newbies can pick up easily, since it's more straight forward in it's application as it far more realist.

You'd have to include the double-barrel shotgun for a remake of Doom 1.

Doom 2 had more variety - different heights, small\big, closed\open rooms, enemy layout. Hell looked better too. But there's nothing like sitting down with a beer and ripping through Knee Deep In The Dead. It's simple and challenging.

And that's why we need more remakes. They would employ the same puzzles and the same problem-solving as the original, you wouldn't have to memorize a whole new wad, get lost, and fall into traps you can't predict, they would look better, and you'd have the opportunity of incorporating your style making each remake unique.

Starke Von Oben said:

There are plenty of E1 remakes. Off the top of my head, I can think of Classic Episode 1, KZiZD, and Phobos Revisited. If you want maps inspired by Doom 1, there's PA:R, Wonderfull Doom, Fava Beans, Classic Episode 2, the list goes on and on.

There was a doom remake pack that was doomsday based that was AWESOME in multiplayer. it included older versions of doom 64, and console doom.
Includes...

*High res textures
*Md2 models, and an alt model pack
*Console doom, and Doom 64 The Absolution
*High quality Music remixes and sounds
*All this is compatible with doom, doom 2 , TNT , Plutonia, etc wads

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=31682